• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk18 10.3” 5.56 AR as a SHTF truck gun?

Bet the guy that got chased down by motorcycles and pulled out and beat wishes he would have had a glock or sbr.
I’m sure he would wish that. Bet that SBR would have done well in his bag/in the trunk/in the back seat. Even in his seat, if you’re a driver and you’re pulling a shorty up, you failed as a driver... Once again, not arguing the need/preference to be armed. I’m pointing out that the fantasy shit is out of control with people and social media dumps gasoline on it. Guess what? Being forcefully removed from a vehicle more than likely means you are a driver that put yourself there because you fucked up the first rule of driving.

Being armed because you’re a rational and reasonable person who cares about your safety obviously doesn’t warrant further discussion. Those that fear the communist cartel riot hit squad roadblocks on 95 are the ones who need to lay off the Alex Jones and internet.

It’s like some of you fantasize about some apocalyptic event that will throw our country into some Hollywood-fueled thunder dome where you lead/join some roving gang of heroes scouring the region for resources and fortified echo chambers.

Once again, you’re more likely to fight your way out of a Golden Corral than fighting through a hit squad roadblock in America.

#HeartHealthNotSHTFFantasies
#SayNoToGoldenCorral
#SayNoToFLDrivers

lol this thread.

Let's just go with the easy button, and build what I use.

KAC 11.5 SBR w/ MAMS
KAC CQB QD suppressor
Magpul STR
HK V2 grip
KAC VFG that I basically use as a reverse handstop/index point
EoTech XPS3
KAC M110 short riser rail (good luck finding one)
PEQ15
Tubb spring
BFG sling
Ghetto paintjob on its 6th coat

It's the fastest, perfectly balanced carbine/SBR I've ever shot. Perfect for both daytime and excels with nightvision at night primarily due to the way the EOTech is raised.

Hell, I'm betting that 80% of you don't even have your adjustable buttstock correctly set up on your carbines and/or know the method to doing so. (hint: no, its not the position you get NTCH with)

Hell, I'm betting that 80% of you don't even have your adjustable buttstock correctly set up on your carbines and/or know the method to doing so. (hint: no, its not the position you get NTCH with)

Pardon my ignorance but What’s NTCH stand for? Not touching charging handle?

To set up the length on the buttstock, I set the rifle in the bend in my arm of my strong hand by the elbow and adjusted until the index finger rested over the trigger well...is this not correct?

Pardon my ignorance but What’s NTCH stand for? Not touching charging handle?

To set up the length on the buttstock, I set the rifle in the bend in my arm of my strong hand by the elbow and adjusted until the index finger rested over the trigger well...is this not correct?

Nose to charging handle

And yes, you're one of the few that knows how. 50% of people I see shooting an AR have it either all the way in or all the way out. A large portion can shoot 3-4 rounds and then they start to shake, droop the gun or wobble around.

The reason you put it in your arm crook isn't for head/face position or LOP, but instead to help your body/bone structure hold the rifle instead of having to forcefully pull it back via muscle to keep it level.

Nose to charging handle

And yes, you're one of the few that knows how. 50% of people I see shooting an AR have it either all the way in or all the way out. A large portion can shoot 3-4 rounds and then they start to shake, droop the gun or wobble around.

The reason you put it in your arm crook isn't for head/face position or LOP, but instead to help your body/bone structure hold the rifle instead of having to forcefully pull it back via muscle to keep it level.

Thanks for confirming, and agree, I also see people with the butt stock all over the place. You should be able to drive the gun with minimal muscle effort one way or another from the arms, mostly using core/legs esp when moving and shooting . that’s what I was taught and how I practice when working with the carbine.

lol this thread.

Let's just go with the easy button, and build what I use.

KAC 11.5 SBR w/ MAMS
KAC CQB QD suppressor
Magpul STR
HK V2 grip
KAC VFG that I basically use as a reverse handstop/index point
EoTech XPS3
PEQ15
Tubb spring
BFG sling
Ghetto paintjob on its 6th coat

It's the fastest, perfectly balanced carbine/SBR I've ever shot. Perfect for both daytime and excels with nightvision at night primarily due to the way the EOTech is raised.

Pics or it didn’t happen

So not planning on doing many east coast road trips huh? The thing that makes 95 dangerous is the FL drivers. For some reason they feel the need to leave the confines of their garbage state and put us all at risk. I’d support the “SHTF” truck gun argument if they said it was to defend themselves against Florida drivers and not communist cartel insurgent hit squads.
I live 6 miles from 95. I cross under it every time I have to go to town unless I choose to go the other direction for town. I choose to use other roads to get where I need to go. Interstate travel is only good for making a good time and seeing moron drivers. But in my self defense, there is always at least one gun in the truck. Usually a pistol but catch me on the right day and you’ll have a handful of crazy to look at.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Some interesting view points here. Plus three have outed their self's as why they are on this board, if you read close enough. Some of us have suspected them for awhile so further digging, is now warranted.

1576334834475.gif

I live 6 miles from 95. I cross under it every time I have to go to town unless I choose to go the other direction for town. I choose to use other roads to get where I need to go. Interstate travel is only good for making a good time and seeing moron drivers. But in my self defense, there is always at least one gun in the truck. Usually a pistol but catch me on the right day and you’ll have a handful of crazy to look at.
Yea dude I used to hate driving on 95. So glad those days are over for the time being.

Reactions: roostercogburn98

What rise is that giving you for clearing the PEQ? I've been seeing a lot of high (~1.93") and higher (~2.23") rise setups and having an XPS as well I'm looking to rise it up a bit to clear a 12 o-clock mounted light.

I get a pretty good sight picture with a 0.5" riser, which works out to ~2.04" for height over rail for the dot. Would like to standardize on something, so 1.93"-ish is looking most likely for the moment.

While I’ve seen lists like this with various items moved up or down the risk scale, here is the National Safety Council’s take on it. It is amusing that people are focusing so strongly on Le truck gun when, by the odds, you should pay more attention to your health, not smoking/vaping, your mental health, not taking opioids, driving, how safe your car is, commute distance, and not falling.

Heart Disease1 in 6
Cancer1 in 7
Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease1 in 27
Suicide1 in 88
Opioid overdose1 in 96
Motor Vehicle Crash1 in 103
Fall1 in 114
Gun Assault1 in 285
Pedestrian Incident1 in 556

And note that the gun assault category is dominated, by two-thirds, by black dudes getting killed (by other black dudes?)
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gun-deaths/ which is good breakdown of what’s really happening with gun deaths.

If one is ruthlessly rational, if you’re a white or blue collar white guy not living in some inner city gang neighborhood, the whole SHTF category should be waaay down your reading list.

I suppose it’s more fun than exercising, however.

Last edited:
Flamethrowers are quite effective during riot situations. Also pack the sbr so you can shoot em after you light them up!

What rise is that giving you for clearing the PEQ? I've been seeing a lot of high (~1.93") and higher (~2.23") rise setups and having an XPS as well I'm looking to rise it up a bit to clear a 12 o-clock mounted light.

I get a pretty good sight picture with a 0.5" riser, which works out to ~2.04" for height over rail for the dot. Would like to standardize on something, so 1.93"-ish is looking most likely for the moment.

The KAC short rail is .75. It's this one thats been discontinued for a while now but its still sought after and can go for several hundred dollars now. It's the ideal height and length for an EoTech, especially if using a dual NV setup like an ANVIS9 that allows you to perfectly aim down the EoTech passively just like it were daytime.

If using an Aimpoint micro, I have a T1 on a KAC 'high rise' mount that is higher. I prefer the EOTech for night time carbine because the single dot in the Aimpoint can sometimes be confused with you seeing your laser or a reflection/splash and taking a second or two to figure out whats what. EOTech has shortcomings, but its been faster and easier at night.

There's been a ton of riser mounts over the last years whereas before it was always lower mounts. I think this is in part to finally realizing that the crouched forward stance people were doing when aiming is stupid, the difference in ballistic flight with a slightly higher height over bore of the site is negligable for carbine type weapons and with the more common use of nightvision.

The KAC short rail is .75.

There's been a ton of riser mounts over the last years whereas before it was always lower mounts. I think this is in part to finally realizing that the crouched forward stance people were doing when aiming is stupid, the difference in ballistic flight with a slightly higher height over bore of the site is negligable for carbine type weapons and with the more common use of nightvision.

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure about the height of the Knights riser go so it's good to know what you're using. I can play with a .75" mount and be in basically the same height range as the Unity and Knights offerings. Never going to use a mask, but the idea of a more head's up posture makes sense logically.

What if I want to run something other than a dot, like say a LPVO? Does anyone make a 2.3ish inch mount for a scope?

Nah, you couldn’t trigger me if you took a shit on my chest after binge drinking for 72hrs with a strict Taco Bell diet.
Well you don't have to worry about that event at all, because I'm one of those guys who does not eat that Taco Bell shit, nor has to drink to feel good about life in the first place. I feel the same way about alcohol an many do, I'm not about to put a thief in me mouth to steal my brain, as trouble as never called me for an appointment.

Let’s just be honest. You don’t want truck guns to fight through Antifa checkpoints. You want to run checkpoints looking for Antifa. Make sure you work on your cardio too.

Well you don't have to worry about that event at all, because I'm one of those guys who does not eat that Taco Bell shit, nor has to drink to feel good about life in the first place. I feel the same way about alcohol an many do, I'm not about to put a thief in me mouth to steal my brain, as trouble as never called me for an appointment.

1576427017610.gif

Let’s just be honest. You don’t want truck guns to fight through Antifa checkpoints. You want to run checkpoints looking for Antifa. Make sure you work on your cardio too.
No. We will use bigger stuff when we run roadblocks to get rid of the commies. Things that use belts and 308s and .50s. SBRs are just for getting home.

Do you guys remember the occupy movement?

BLM?

The level of hatred coming from the left seems 100x higher now than it was back then.

The Vegas shooting was a left wing terrorist.

This coming election is going to be a sh*tshow. Little kids with MAGA hats are already getting beaten by mobs on public transit.

I think we are looking at a 50/50 chance of major riots or violence next fall.

Why not be well-armed?

But when you shoot up a taco truck because you thought it was a cartel roadblock, you’re going to jail.

Maybe you should trade in all your guns for bear spray.

You’re clearly uncomfortable with firearms.

I’ve lived in multiple western states and dated Mexican girls. I know a bad hombre when I see one.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: padom and Lawless
Stop editing your responses. I liked it better when you called me an anti-gun, communist.

If you’re going to talk shit, speak up and towards the fan.
Hey wanna join my club? I’m apparently one too. We have cool t shirts and our club events are catered by Chick Fil A (and yes, they do a breakfast spread).

Reactions: Lawless