• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MMA

Hi,

What is it with all these "Champions" that immediately discuss "hanging up gloves" as soon as they get beat?

Sad state of mental affairs if you only want to compete when your winning but your self confidence cannot push you to train and continue to compete after you loose.

Sincerely,
Theis

Saw that this morning with Rose’s post fight interview. Getting to the top seems to be a driving factor. But falling off and doing the trek again is what some don’t want. “Been there, done that” syndrome.

Hi,

What is it with all these "Champions" that immediately discuss "hanging up gloves" as soon as they get beat?

Sad state of mental affairs if you only want to compete when your winning but your self confidence cannot push you to train and continue to compete after you loose.

Sincerely,
Theis
Maybe they accomplished what they wanted to, and have aspirations for the rest of their life other than getting beat up for our entertainment.

Reactions: supercorndogs
Hi,

If that were the case, why not announce retirement after you become champion instead of after you loose title....

Sincerely,
Theis
Everyone wants their full measure of glory. It lasts longer for some than others. You only know it is over when you lose. Quitting early just leaves too much on the table.

Reactions: supercorndogs
Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis
I'd imagine it's tough when you've been so good at something for so long, then you get beat down. You've put in everything you can and used everything that you know, yet it's not enough.

Haven't watched a UFC fight since khabib vs McGregor. Ferguson vs Khabib would be worthwhile. Cerrone is awesome, but I dont think he could handle Khabib's style. Cerrone vs Ferguson will be a great fight.

Hi,

The irony of that kick is that during prefight interview "The Eye" predicted she would win in second round with first strike she throws in that round...

She was half correct on her prediction lolol...just had wrong person as the winner.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: bullseye13
Nunes is the Lioness. Holm is good. But not that good. She would have lost to Aspen if they fought. I’m guessing that she may hang them up after this fight.

• Sad
Reactions: THEIS
Hi,

So a few comments about the weigh-in's....

1. Why do I wish someone would crush Diego's face in...
2. I think Nunes is injured and trying to hide it.
3. Holly needs to lay off the Winstrol lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

Got to say that Rockhold looked good at 205. (Doc’s favorite ?) but he’s going to sleep, yet again. Nunes looked like she was ill or had a bad weight cut.

• Haha
Reactions: Spblademaker
Are you people paying for this? If not, where might someone not prone to jumping through hoops for their new contract be directed?

Holm is done. Masvidal got lucky. Jones was scared of thiagos striking power but squeaked out a win.

Holm is done. Masvidal got lucky. Jones was scared of thiagos striking power but squeaked out a win.
Jorge got lucky? He'd only been practicing that knee throughout camp. Askren did what wrestlers do, go for the takedown and Masvidals gameplan worked perfectly. His coach even texted another fighter that the flying knee would happen right off the bat. Ben was warned by another fighter to watch out for the knee to start the fight. Too bad your 19-0 wrestler got starched, bad.

Jorge got lucky? He'd only been practicing that knee throughout camp. Askren did what wrestlers do, go for the takedown and Masvidals gameplan worked perfectly. His coach even texted another fighter that the flying knee would happen right off the bat. Ben was warned by another fighter to watch out for the knee to start the fight. Too bad your 19-0 wrestler got starched, bad.
I don’t like either fighter. I think they are not pretty soft and sure it might have been his game plan and it worked and that’s awesome for him but had that knee missed, he would have been on the ground with one of the best wrestlers around, it wouldn’t have been good for him.

High risk, high reward.

I don’t like either fighter. I think they are not pretty soft and sure it might have been his game plan and it worked and that’s awesome for him but had that knee missed, he would have been on the ground with one of the best wrestlers around, it wouldn’t have been good for him.

High risk, high reward.
Very high risk, but it worked out. Jorge said he'd either land it, miss and get to his feet or be on bottom and was prepared to get up. I didn't like Ben coming in and I've watched Masvidal his whole career. Glad he put away that one dimensional grappler.

Hi,

Askren was brought into UFC pretty much specifically to take on Khabib.....he truly cannot compete with pure MMA fighters.

Sincerely,
Theis
As much as I don’t like askren. He’ll be back. He’ll work his way back.

Last edited: