• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up MN member checking in!

Re: MN member checking in!

I live in Apple Valley, a southern suburb of St Paul. I'm mostly after pheasant but will take any hunt. I am getting a dog as soon as I hit the ground in the states (I still have a week or two left). I'll probably miss this season's hunt but am scouting for the fall.

Welcome back Fudd. Bring some of that warm weather back with ya. You'll have to get one of gunmans chessies.

No need for bottom metal right now. I do need a 223 follower for a rem if anyone has any leads... got a 308 follower I can switch you out with or I can just buy it from ya.

Austan, you guys getting hammered right now too? Dang white crap...

Not currently. It was quite a shitty day, rain turned to snow, turned to sleet, then freezing rain, then snow, then pouring rain, then back to snow, and right now nothing. About an inch is sticking around. I'm crossing my fingers that's all we see here, giving myself false hope that I won't be shoveling tomorrow.lol Are you guys in that 12" band up there?

Just turned to rain/ ice/ snow here in Menominee. Shit was rain all afternoon.

well at least you guys got the rain and melted most of it...

Now this is what I'm talking about!
weather.jpg

Ill tell you what guys....Im about to rent a road torch and walk around and melt some of this DAMN snow....I hope they arent BSing us abut this nearly 50*

Guys, BadCarma found an online company that has Primers for sale....it looks like they have all Winchester or CCI and are out of Remington and Federal primers completely....here is the website....

Im considering ordering some from them....they have a Hazmat fee of $22.50 if you guys want to order some let me know and we can work it out on how to get them to you....

This is all dependant on how accurate their website is and if we can make a large enough order.....to make the Hazmat fee worth it....Ill call them tomorrow to see what they say.....I know Adam is already in for some....

adam sight looks great, BUT you are still a PUSS!!!!
LOL..... now i gotta go back to work and buy some more toys from ya!!!

KENNY...how the hell you been you red headed bastard....

I never expected there to be a problem....Im not into all that benchrest stuff like some on here....Ill do a separate load for different primers so I dont over pressure....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: monte2024</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
LOL..... now i gotta go back to <span style="color: #FF0000">WORK</span> and buy some more toys from ya!!! </div></div>

WORK-- BBUUUAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ahhh, just did a 1.5hr bike ride around downtown Minneapolis. I am glad it is finally getting warmer out so we can actually start doing things. Looks like we have less than a month to go before we can start shooting some F class at Elk River!

oh and just to let you know, the only over preasure problem youll have noah , is with the air in your head.......ROTFLMAO!!!

Just because you have excess space in your head to deal with the expansion of whatever doesnt mean the rest of us have that problem.....

Sorry in advance if the words I used were TOO big for you Kenny!! HAHAHAHAHA

prettyinpink.jpg

ok guys, need a reference for a good gunsmith.
I'm in duluth and someplace around the twin cities or closer would be cool. I'm ordering one of these:
JP Muzzle Break
and its going on my 700SPS tactial. I may also order a new bolt knob depending on the price of install.
Thanks
J

I want pictures when your done, that looks cool!

Gimmefuel,

I have had Jim Kobe in Bloomington do some great work for me and I can highly recommend him, his work is first rate, rates are good and is fast. I have had barrel three of my rigs.

here is his contact info:
Address: 10841 Oxborough Ave. So. Bloomington, MN 55437 USA
Voice: 1-952-884-6031 Fax:
Email: [email protected]

Called him, VERY good pricing and turn around time!

I also just ordered that brake and a Badger bolt knob
smile.gif

Sorry can't spell today,

You mentioned you were gonna see about having a Badger knob installed. I was just curious what he quoted you for that

Haven't been here for a while

When it thaws out and the mud is down, we will have to get togather here and shoot to 1000+ yds. I've got so many barrels to fit in my spare time and projects lined up, I'll be lucky if I can get some loading done for the trusty 6BR

Say, wi50, has TMC (pontoons) in Poskin moved, or gone out of business?
I went by there the other day and just about everything outside of the place is gone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: badkarma78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is it a public range and what kinda distance do they have?</div></div>
10 and 15yard pistol, 25, 50, 100, 200 and 250(I think) yard.
the 50+ yard targets are on concrete w/ concrete tables, they have bags and some spotting scopes.
the pistol and the 25yd ones are on dirt w/ wood benches.
and yes this tome of year theres mud so wear boots.
the range is run by volunteers, open tues,thurs, fri(i think) and sat 9-5. once it get close to deer season its mon-sat. Its alsorun on dontations, depending on how long/ how much/ how many targets i'm shooting i usually leave 10-20 dollars.

tower ave past the race track, left @ Ricks cafe, by the park. drive past Nemadji to cty rd A, take a right, about 2mi down past RR tracks cty rd Z cut off to the left only. about a mile down on the left.
the shotgun range is a lil wyas past on the right.

Hey Marty....when you get a chance give me a call....I have a couple questions about an Enterprise-L2 that I need some help with....

Gimmefuel--I have YET to see a JP that wasnt ATOM BOMB loud....just FYI

I would like to hear more about this smith though....does he have a website?

I got my new shooting bench done and set up for out to 500 yds the other day, i'm gonna shoot off of it for the first time tomorrow, that thing is a tank! about 350-400lbs and solid as a rock. if anybody wants to come out and shoot sometime let me know

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I would like to hear more about this smith though....does he have a website?</div></div>

Which smith, Jim Kobe? He's a good smith. I saw some of his work when I lived down that way. He is a member on this site. I've seen him chime in a time or two. Maybe he will read this and remember a rifle he built. Mauser style action, Dakota bottom metal, 300 win mag, outrageously beautiful wood stock. The rifle was cherry when I saw it, all top notch work. I'd recommend him.

Slayer, I LOL'ed when I read your line "if anybody wants to come out and shoot sometime let me know" We can all see that is a trick to get people to come and help you move that 400lb bench around. We ain't fallin' for that one.

LOL, I already got that part done,(and its NEVER moveing
wink.gif
)

A buddy and I shot off it today, it was the first time shooting my 260 at that range, I was impressed, most of my groups were around 4" but I shot one 5 shot group that measured 2.263". I couldn't believe my eye's, the wind was pretty eratic (between 4&10mph) my buddy has a couple hundred rounds loaded up for his 300RUM we're gonna do some milk jug shootin' one of these days

Steve

Austan--I was just wondering, hoping to contact him and see if I could come in and watch him do some rifle work.....Ill be ready to head out there soon Marty to learn some things from you....

Marty, you want to try and take another shot at setting up a shoot at your place?

yeah. I'm starting to get busy now but we need to take a weekend and shoot. It would be nice if it would either freeze up or dry up. SOme of the fields are underwater and the mud is getting deep as the frost comes out.