• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up MN member checking in!

Re: MN member checking in!

NE or NW minnesota? there is varmint hunting, but all else is closed I think...

coyotes in the NW though.

Minnetonka? thats not fat at all...where do you shoot?

C_K

I'm overrun with the dang dogs, just can't find anyone who wants to go shoot 'em. It gets boring going out by yourself...Open invitation if someone wants to come along who isn't an idiot with a firearm....Shoot me a PM...

I actually meant in general, it seems like there's a fair amount of hunting to be had in general in Minnesota. I'm happy about that.

This trip will be a week taking the family around Duluth and interviewing so I suspect I won't even have a chance to check out the local gunshops.

Ok guys...Ive left that rifle up on here for a few days...Im going to go ahead and post it up in the for sale section...

Hi!
smile.gif
Thats all I have... LOL Dang its cold in MN.

I plan to come up to Princeton on Sunday. Hopefully have a new 50X eyepiece for my spotting scope. The 27X LER is great, but more power would be a little better to try and find bullet holes in the targets. Debated the 20-60X eyepiece but it's expensive and a fixed power with less parts should give me better resolution......now I just need to hide it from you guys so I can find my bullet holes and shoot those nasty bonus dots.

I do have lots of ammo loaded for the 6BR if someone wants to shoot it.....oh wait it's too small

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok guys...Ive left that rifle up on here for a few days...Im going to go ahead and post it up in the for sale section... </div></div>

Yeah, I sent you a PM on it but I guess your PMs were full, too bad I missed out on it.

Thanks for the heads-up though.

*should I even be posting here since I'm not officially stationed in Minnesota yet???*
smile.gif

Hey C_k it depends on the weather most of the time I will be at deltone in St. Cloud or down in waconia . I have a buddy thats a member at waconia.merlin45kout

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adventurer_96</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok guys...Ive left that rifle up on here for a few days...Im going to go ahead and post it up in the for sale section... </div></div>

Yeah, I sent you a PM on it but I guess your PMs were full, too bad I missed out on it.

Thanks for the heads-up though.

*should I even be posting here since I'm not officially stationed in Minnesota yet???*
smile.gif
</div></div>

Yea I didnt know it was nearly full....my bad...I didnt have the rifle, it was being sold by a local gun shop near Princeton that had called me (Ive got my name and number out to a few local shops for any exotic/wildcat or six digit short actions, and they notify me)

Hey you can post here all you want......cant wait ta see you head out to the shoots...

Any of yous guys going to the MWCA show at the fairgrounds?

Yeah, I didn't want to call as an out-of-state guy without talking to you first. Bad way to make a first impression.

No worries, I just found out my local 'smith will trade a new .308 short action for a .223 short action. Lucky me.

I'll be in Duluth for the final interview the week of the 24th. Let's hope it all goes well and I can post here as a soon-to-be resident, instead of just an "interested party."

Howdy everyone, been a while since I have posted. Was out in vegas for the weekend and working a lot of hours. Possibly going to be shooting up at del tone mon, tues, or wed. Maybe all 3 days if anyone wants to meet up? Hopefully I wont have to spend any time at work the first half of next week.

I might be able to be up that way early next week...but im kind of holding out for some actual spring weather. Im ready for this shit to be over.

C_K

we get some decent weather sometime we should get togather out here, I've got a couple places to shoot and can get to 1000 yds pretty easy.

I think i'll be making it to princeton sunday. i will be in the cities the day/night before for a indoor golf and poker tournament so i might be a little on the hungover side. i'm sure it'll make me shoot better:) i'm going to bring my 223 and try that out. i got a pretty good load going for it. 24.4 rel15 behind a 70 vld runnin 2925 fps. i did try some of that wc732 ball powder. it actually shot good and i didn't blow up the rifle. the speed to gr weight ratio was almost identical to that of reloader 15. it did show mild pressure signs at 25 grains though. further testing is needed. next i will run it in the 260.

Anyone know what the forcast will be up there. f*ing cold as usual?

Austan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wi50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we get some decent weather sometime we should get togather out here, I've got a couple places to shoot and can get to 1000 yds pretty easy. </div></div>

I am going to be driving home on Sunday unfortunately guys... I thought it was the next Sunday not this one!

Marty, I am going to have to come out and get my rifle anyway! So heck lets plan a 1k shoot out there with the boys, anyone else game???

Adam

hey all its been a while, but while checkin up on ya'll to make sure you are still getting along with adam, and i noticed chris's pic........AWSOME! cant wait to see it melt!!!!!

Just a heads up for you guys, I am starting a Redding Group Buy in the Group Buy section if anyone is interested...

Adam

Great picture gunman_7 I was thinking the same thing. Hey C_k spring would be nice but I can't wait that long so I do what I can in the mean time. I heard Sunday the weather wasn't going to be so great so we'll see what happens . Adam have a safe trip back call me when you get in .merlin45kout

hey guys, any of ya got a stockade cayote stalker stock. ive been thinking of putting one on my sav 223 but wanted to check one out first. i was just going to go with the b&c medalist since i have one and like it enough. but on the other hand, i might like something else more. i'm as indecisive as a woman about this.

Hey gents anyone need a nice 300wm? im dealing,safe about to explode, would love to keep it local(so i can still shoot it sometimes, dont worry i will share as well). search my posts.thanks

I should be there Sunday, I have to work till 3am the morning of the shoot, so it will depend on if I snag a drunk.... I'd be up to going out to Marty's, Adam we could car pool save some $$$ for the alcohol!

Weather.com says 27 degrees for a high with 3mph West winds. Accuweather says winds from the East at 6mph with a high of 24 degree's...

27 degrees... HA.. You wouldnt know that from this morning.. Another cold day in paradise
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I should be there Sunday, I have to work till 3am the morning of the shoot, so it will depend on if I snag a drunk.... I'd be up to going out to Marty's, Adam we could car pool save some $$$ for the alcohol! </div></div>

Heck yeah! Lets go already!!!

you thinking of letting the temps warm up another month? Think Noah would be more apt to going if we did, otherwise anytime works for me....

Guys, here's a question for you - I'm going to build up an old long action 700 I've got into a hunting rifle. It's an old (six-digit) receiver, and I've got an ADL stock that will clean up nicely and a trigger. I'll need the ADL triggerguard, mag, etc. as well as a barrel (obviously) and recoil lug.

The question is - what caliber would be a good all-around Minnesota caliber? I'm leaning towards .30-06, but I guess there's nothing to keep me from making this a .308, other than I've got one already.

What about a .300 Win Mag? Too much for most Minnesota hunts? Or something I'm missing?

Oh, it's not a done deal on the move to Duluth yet but damn close. Keep your fingers crossed for me for the week of the 24th - final interview...

Adventurer - are you going to be hunting with it? If so, .30-06 or .308 would be perfectly fine for any game you're going to find in MN.

.300 Win Mag.. If you're shooting Elk or Moose. However you can easily take a elk / moose with a 180grain bullet in a .308 as well. Our shots aren't that long here in MN.

The longest shots will be for most varmints, and a .223 is good for that type of game.

When are you moving up?
smile.gif

Its not the temp thats holding me up on heading out to the shoots guys....its the funds and the fact that Im taking 19credits right now...its keeping me plenty busy...

As far as a hunting caliber...30-06 is MORE than enough for around here...and its ALOT cheaper to shoot than a 300WM....trust me...I had to sell mine...why dont you look into a 30-06 Improved...if you need someone to talk to about it try montanamarine...he has one and loves it....and you get close to 300WM power with it too....I had a mild load 2800fps 210gr VLD load out of my 300WM....and MM had the same setup just out of the 06 imp and had 50 fps MORE...AND...did it with 10 grains of powder LESS!!! So...brass is cheaper....brass lasts longer...and it eats less powder....a win/win to me...

When are you done with classes Noah?

Also, another thing about the 30-06 is that CHEAP factory ammo for it...
smile.gif
Well, last hunting season you could get it for about 12 bucks a box.

Yep!!!

Probably this time next year or a year this coming Fall.....and I have 15 credits so far for the summer....and Im trying to pick up another class....

Dude. I got your safety back. Do you want it modded or just mailed up?

Got you some brass for you to try in your 308 too.

is there a princeton shoot in april?? I hate missing these damn things, and I want to meet a few long rangers.

who is marty?

nice day tomorrow! finally!

C_K

Anyone up for shooting tomorrow afternoon? Going to be heading up to St. Cloud around 2-3PM from the Big Lake area. Was up at del tone today shooting with Kenny and had a great time with the 308win and 300rum. Will be an ar15, 10/22 and 17hmr kind of day tomorrow.

I wish I could go out tomorrow... I have to sit in some darn meetings all day long dealing with budgets... blah

Thanks guys, having been out west I've been thinking of longer shots but from what I've heard shorter ranges are what to expect out there when hunting (yep, a hunting gun).

I've got a .308 for right now but I came into this action and I'm looking to build something different. Why not?

I think I'll be holding off on the .300WM for the reasons you've laid out there. Bottom line on this build - it's an extra action I'm looking to do something with, and a barrel with fixed sights (GASP!) might be in the works.

With any luck, I'll be posting on here around the end of this month with a definite date. But, I'm hoping to move the family up over the summer and end up there myself around the end of October.

Sweet Greg....ya dont need to mail it unless you want to....Im sure Ill run into you sooner or latter....and Modded?

308 is plenty for around here....I would even venture to say that an old Iron Sight 30-30 would take about 75% of the shots you would have available to you here...the woods are just too dense....

Well I don't know about iron sights but a .30-30, yes....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet Greg....ya dont need to mail it unless you want to....Im sure Ill run into you sooner or latter....and Modded?

308 is plenty for around here....I would even venture to say that an old Iron Sight 30-30 would take about 75% of the shots you would have available to you here...the woods are just too dense.... </div></div>

I hunted north of Duluth this year the Ely/Babbit AO, and a iron sighted 30-30 would have been an advantage. the woods in that part of the state are crazy thick, and the big boys like to hang out there. Im going back to the farm next year where there are more deer, and the shots are long.

you MUST go to Ely when you get here. I'll have you over for dinner at th cabin.

C_K

You got it....that shouldnt be too far of a drive for me...Ill be up in the Walker area daily this summer....

Any of you guys need some Fed210M Primers? I was hoping to get an order together before they ran out again...

Let me know

Nguyen