• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up MN member checking in!

Re: MN member checking in!

Hey everyone, just found this thread and wanted to post up! I'm living in Grand Forks, ND right now, however I'm originally from the east side of the cities. I've always been looking for LR rifle events in the area. I shoot high power service rifle up here during the summers and we just started F class.

I'll have to keep my eye on the thread and meet up if anyone is close!

There are quite a few of us in Minnesota Wisconsin area so Im sure there are a few right in your area....Welcome to the Hide

Hey auto welcome to the hide. I shoot up at Del Tone all the time . But I can only get up there on the weekends because of my work schedual.merlin45kout

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: merlin45k</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey auto welcome to the hide. I shoot up at Del Tone all the time . But I can only get up there on the weekends because of my work schedual.merlin45kout </div></div>

I should have some free time Sunday afternoon, maybe we can get a few of us up there.

I'll see whats going on for Sunday .I heard the weather is supposed to be crappy so we'll see. merlin45kout

the little 6br shot great for Noah

Today was so verry nice out, I spent some time shooting 1000 yds. I shot the 6br and the 6X47 for groups, the 6br managed an edge despite the wind. Then I put the iron sights on the 6br and just had to try 1000 with out a scope. Managed to nail the target and even hold a reasonable patern.

Alright....now you know your supposed to give us a group size!! I really want to hear how that thing did at 1000.....

maybe one of you fella's can stand in front of the target and catch the bullets and throw them through it for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wi50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">maybe one of you fella's can stand in front of the target and catch the bullets and throw them through it for me.

</div></div>

I will leave that up to Noah, good idea Marty!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wi50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">maybe one of you fella's can stand in front of the target and catch the bullets and throw them through it for me.

</div></div>Smart ass..lol

Sorry I missed the fun .I wasn't feeling the greatest on Sat . And Sun I had work to get done .Besides I'm a night shift worker and I'm not up before noon usually.Maybe next time.merlin45kout

I've got 1700 (I think) of the CCI 400 small rifle primers......give someone a hell of a deal if they are interested...a real heck of a deal.

I just don't use them, I need to run a bit different one in my rifles with the powders and pressures. I used them in the .223 and they were the primer of choice.

Cold Finger Shoot @ Elk River tomorrow guys! I forgot about it...

Shooting @ 600 yards starts at 8am

Adam

Shooting was good today @ 600 yards boys.
wink.gif

40 rounds fired for score...

18x X
22x 10

Not too shabby! Phillip actually shot a bit better with his new TRG22 that he picked up from Wi50! Damn guy had a string of 7 or 8 X's!!!

Adam

I had some issues with the CCI 400 primers I was running in the 6BR, switched to 450 Mag primers or the CCI BR4's, both seam to work equill. Varget seams just a bit to fast. RL15 is perfect..... look out, someone can shoot it next match. 2900FPS easily on the 107 SMK's

I just did some testing with the 6BR and 115 gr DTAC's, 2870 FPS and I'm abut maxed out. 2820-2850 is a realistic range for that heavy of a bullet.

BTW, the new S&B 3-12 PMII is awesome.

What happened to the other 22 Adam....hehehehehe

what kind of issues did the CCI's give you Marty?

And do the DTAC's shoot any better than the others? Enough to justify the price for them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bauer Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooting was good today @ 600 yards boys.
wink.gif

40 rounds fired for score...

18x X
22x 10

Not too shabby! Phillip actually shot a bit better with his new TRG22 that he picked up from Wi50! Damn guy had a string of 7 or 8 X's!!!

Adam

</div></div> You retard! I could have come down and shot if you would have said something sooner!

go check out the results from the pre-shot show match in the "tactical competitions" section.

Congrats to SF340driver

Yeah, now he has this big head problem... He did not shoot the fireball at that match.

Adam

it's so sexy that I ordered a reamer 10 days agoe....don't know what for but I'm sure someone will build one. Maybe

Is that going to be your next gun Marty? Get a Brux barrel. I betcha she'd shoot mighty fine.

So I got that new Rock Barrel on my .308 and it works pretty well.. Cant wait to shoot it on the 17th.

P1000568-web.jpg

P1000571-web.jpg

I'm sure it's no 6.5x47L or 6mmBR though

Dunno??? It's been thought of

My new Barnard action is in and I'm waiting on a couple barrels from the Rock Creek GB. I may just order a new Brux and throw on and put the Rock barrels in the when they show up....who knows when they will show up. May not have them in time for match season anyway the way GB's go.

My thinking is to order the Brux extra long on the breech end at full diameter. A regular Med. Palma taper, but with a 4" or 5" portion at 1.25" diameter instead of the 2 3/4 or so standard. It'll only add a matter of a couple ounces of weight. Then I can put it on another action or it allows me to set back or change chamberings or actions.

DAMN WIN!!!!

Nice shootin!!

You just beter hope I dont turn the knobs on yer scope at the match when you arent looking...

man, everyone can shoot better than me....pray for wind, pray for wind

haha.. I am just showing the good group... took me like 5 attempts to get that...

I kept on swearing at myself as I would shoot one and open up the group

I also have to find a new load. since my ltr load runs a little hot.

I saw Greg on there....what a toad....He is another one to worry about at the matches.....He had a HELL of a lead on the rest of the pack though....holly crap.....like 170pts....

I can't shoot a 100 yd group to save my ass, usually they are bigger than my 200 or 300 yd groups. If I want to shoot a good group, I just give the rifle to someone else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wi50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man, everyone can shoot better than me....pray for wind, pray for wind </div></div>LOL thats funny....I know what your saying Win...I went out yesturday and was paying with seating depth and tightend up my groups by bringing the projectile closer to the lands...Once I got it there I could get four on top of each other, then the stress was on and I'd throw that last one as you can see in the first picture. Did it four or five times until my last group in the second picture. It's best group yet from that cheap little .223, now I need to bed the thing! All five shot groups BTW...

groups003.jpg

groups004.jpg

I don't know about Noah but as it sits right now I have the Saturday before the match off from work, maybe we can get in a little "pre-match" shooting at Win's HEATED shoot house???

off topic, but I need to rant

I have a Redding type S bushing die here that is f"d up from the factory. Not threaded deep enough for the stem to hold the bushing in place. Called Redding to see if they would send a new one.......if I pay for it. I thought the hell with it. My $$$ can go to the Forster company from now on.

Heated shootin' shack, I'm in....

on the heated shooting house...

We have the guys from Norway coming out this week to fix a power fluctuation issue with the targets. So hopefully by mid next week they should all be fixed. Then for Sure we can shoot at those targets!
smile.gif

So thats what I'll be doing Saturday.

That reminds me... Chris if you guys were thinking about shooting the match this Sunday... Thats been canceled due to technical fault.. lol

We need a spotting scope that can read black at 330. That would be dope!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NBot.MN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That reminds me... Chris if you guys were thinking about shooting the match this Sunday... Thats been canceled due to technical fault.. lol
</div></div>

Alright, good to know. When is the following match?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wi50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">off topic, but I need to rant

I have a Redding type S bushing die here that is f"d up from the factory. Not threaded deep enough for the stem to hold the bushing in place. Called Redding to see if they would send a new one.......if I pay for it. I thought the hell with it. My $$$ can go to the Forster company from now on.
</div></div>
Man that’s pretty bad...I have had nothing but top notch customer service with Lee and RCBS, when I call with something broken, they seem to try and cut me off when I try and explain what happened, all they want to know is what broke and what’s your address..... Would think Redding would take this same approach... And then to have the nerve to say yea its a defect, sure we'll replace it, but you pay shipping....lol

I finally got my Barnard action and the Mastin Offset stock. Tonight I had a little time to piss around with it and try it. Also set up the trigger. Awesome setup. Not to "tactical" for you guys but it'll fit this dumb farm kid just fine....may even hit the target if I'm lucky