• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MOA vs Mil

This was in that Stop the debate article.

But I “think” in Inches:"​

Ya. makes sense, just converter one thing too another has nothing to do thing inches or distance in is calculation. You did that calculation separate.​

6.3Mils x 3.43 = 21.6 MOA​

21.6 MOA / 3.43 = 6.3 Mils​

If you run with the target size x 100.. it's make this pretty damn easy which is my point again. And why do we have to use 27.7 boys and girls.. because it's metric

Mils

Range in Yards = Target size Inches x 27.7 / Mils Observed

TMOA

Range in Yards = Target size Inches x 95.5 / TMOA Observed

IPHY / SMOA

Range in Yards = Target size Inches x 100 / SMOA Observed

More out-of-context bullshit

Aren't you tired yet?

It's probably Mike from Altus. He knows my new LH twist barrel is out for delivery and he just knows I'm sitting on the front porch, bored and waiting for that fucker.
I had two cups of coffee and I need to pee. Should I take the chance and go inside, or just pee in the planter in front of me?
Definitely the planter.

Have you ever had someone ask you a question, and they didn’t really want to know the answer, they really just wanted to see if their way was right, and find out it isn’t, then they argue to the end of the world trying to prove they were right to start with.
And for the rest of you, y’all missed an important point. He was a fucking officer! That means he could never be wrong, and you shouldn’t question his authority. I can’t believe the disrespect that y’all heaped on this douche bag.

Ya well, O-3 > W-4 so he can salute my hairy ass

So what is 1 MOA @ 100 yds? Please enlighten me.. 1.047 inches ?? ... adds up too almost 1/2 inch less (if just using whole numbers) @ 1000 yds.. I will take that chance. 04 inches is 1 millimeter I think we are on to something here.
The point, Wiley Coyote, is that if you think you're able to make an accurate linear determination at long distances and then do the proper conversion, especially if you mix your linear measurements in with your angular measurements, you're going to have errors. And that error will translate into a miss. Come out to the range or a tournament. Use your self declared superior way and see how well you shoot. I doubt you're likely to help yourself or anyone else.

So tell us genius, when you miss your shot a 758 yards, how many inches off you are and then do the correct MOA adjustment you need to make, Instantly, without a calculator or writing down an equation. By the time you figured out your correction, the shot will be long gone, unless you're just shooting a piece of paper. As Frank has already explained to you, that .047" you disregard will compound over distance. The only cleverness you've displayed is the ability to not answer questions you don't have a response for.

I suggest you stick to building bridges in the People's Republic of China so your practical use of your supposed engineering degree doesn't wind up killing Americans.

Last edited:
The point, Wiley Coyote, is that if you think you're able to make an accurate linear determination at long distances and then do the proper conversion, especially if you mix your linear measurements in with your angular measurements, you're going to have errors. And that error will translate into a miss. Come out to the range or a tournament. Use your self declared superior way and see how well you shoot. I doubt you're likely to help yourself or anyone else.

So tell us genius, when you miss your shot a 758 yards, how many inches off you are and then do the correct MOA adjustment you need to make, Instantly, without a calculator or writing down an equation. By the time you figured out your correction, the shot will be long gone, unless you're just shooting a piece of paper. As Frank has already explained to you, that .047" you disregard will compound over distance. The only cleverness you've displayed is the ability to not answer questions you don't have a response for.

I suggest you stick to building bridges in the People's Republic of China so your practical use of your supposed engineering degree doesn't wind up killing Americans.

You build a thousand bridges and you're a bridge builder.
Suck one single cock and you're a...
🤣🤣

I mean using his logic he should just switch to a SFP duplex reticle since he’s so good at doing calibrated measurements with his eyeballs at any distance and can instantly convert it to MOA

Reactions: Tokay444
Anyone ever wonder why we still describe the accuracy of a rifle by saying 1 MOA or 1/2 MOA. Couldn't we say this rifle shoots .1 mil or .3 mils ?
I'm gonna start doing that to fuck with fudds

Reactions: Krob95
Hi,

You guys better hide, lol.....real deal here....Joint Special Forces......

View attachment 7558445

But at least his trash can lid is closed, lol

View attachment 7558446

So he is retired CW4 at the ripe young age of 44 years old....GOOD on him if that is the case but now is an Engineer???
View attachment 7558453

And how does an Engineer not know how the physics of flame, smoke and airflow work???
View attachment 7558460

Sincerely,
Theis
Text him and tell him to check his hood latch....... :eek:

4375E030-BDAE-458B-958B-581592531228.jpeg

This was in that Stop the debate article.

But I “think” in Inches:"​

Ya. makes sense, just converter one thing too another has nothing to do thing inches or distance in is calculation. You did that calculation separate.​

6.3Mils x 3.43 = 21.6 MOA​

21.6 MOA / 3.43 = 6.3 Mils​

If you run with the target size x 100.. it's make this pretty damn easy which is my point again. And why do we have to use 27.7 boys and girls.. because it's metric

Mils

Range in Yards = Target size Inches x 27.7 / Mils Observed

TMOA

Range in Yards = Target size Inches x 95.5 / TMOA Observed

IPHY / SMOA

Range in Yards = Target size Inches x 100 / SMOA Observed
It’s not metric. The conversion from inch to metric is 25.4. Not 27.7.

You mean....someone posed the question...
If it takes a hen and a half a day and a half, to lay an egg and a half. How long does it take a rooster, to set a doorknob and hatch a hardware store?
Heh, no. Peruse the thread, you won't be disappointed.

A shining example:

Ok...on page 3....had to stop a bit. I have some great study material for you Chicharone. Im old and don't wanna risk forgetting.

IMG_20160328_161133198.jpg

Now make note of the cart wheels, the hat, the chair. Now I apologize, cause this is a mil reticle, mostly my apologies are to @TheHorta
I hate that he had to learn i use mils this way. Oh not that I use it to range hot chick's on the beach, but that I'm participating in this dumper fire.
Now where was i? This getting old shit..oh yeah!

So note the objects and look at your ruler, that reticle is your ruler. If you study the picture, and your ruler, it becomes immediately clear, that is one.
Big.
Ass!
It also opens your understanding of a new unit of measure....AH(axe handles) now if that ass was subtending half the AH you currently see it would be twice as far away.

Hope this helps.

Ok...on page 3....had to stop a bit. I have some great study material for you Chicharone. Im old and don't wanna risk forgetting.

View attachment 7559286

Now make note of the cart wheels, the hat, the chair. Now I apologize, cause this is a mil reticle, mostly my apologies are to @TheHorta
I hate that he had to learn i use mils this way. Oh not that I use it to range hot chick's on the beach, but that I'm participating in this dumper fire.

So note the objects and look at your ruler, that reticle is your ruler. If you study the picture, and your ruler, it becomes immediately clear, that is one.
Big.
Ass!
It also opens your understanding of a new unit of measure....AH(axe handles) now if that ass was subtending half the AH you currently see it would be twice as far away.

Hope this helps.
So...that ass is 4 mils wide. How many AH away is that pucker hole? But, please, I think in inches and yards and, yes, MOA, so please do that fancy converting shit.

• Haha
Reactions: armorpl8chikn

View attachment 7559286

Big.
Ass!

Hope this helps.
5 minutes of ass is about 3 min more than I need. Just need to mil all that ass around in my head

Edit
oh shit that’s 5 mils of ass. Guess I need to mil about how many minutes I’ll need with that ass then

To lighten the mood here.. I don't want to argue with you guys, we have far more bigger issues to worry about.

You like to play with squirrel balls because of where you live, that is what people do. You know damn near exactly how big squirrel balls are and use inches and yards because constants are used in the math.

On the other hand you have seen opossum balls, they look weird so you don't play with them much and they like to use meters and centimeters.

If I tell you one squirrel ball is equal to 100 yards away, then 2 squirrel balls is equal to 200 yards away.. you could pick that up really quick.

Then I tell you one squirrel ball is 1in @ 100 yards. Then 2 squirrel balls is 2ins @ 200 yards Ok.. I know what one 1 inch is..

If I tell you one opossum ball is 100 meters away and two opossum balls is 200 meters .. You would be like.. ok .. makes sense.

Then if I tell you one opossum ball is 10 cm @ 100 meters. Then if I tell you two opossum balls is 20cm @ 200 meters.. things get a little sketchy because I don't use CM at all. But you can convert one opossum ball to squirrel ball if you want so it makes more sense in inches.

But Jimmy, why would you do that?

So if you have to convert meters to yards and CM to inches.. which gives you around 3.5 inches for one opossum ball @ 100 yards and 7inches for two opossum balls @ 200 yards.. Ya, I just did math for no reason.. or I need to visually memorize another measure scale.

Or we could say one opossum ball is 3.9 inches @ 100 meters.. we can keep going..

Oh...you be getting some Sqwirl balls......

Reactions: lash

View attachment 7559286

Big.
Ass!

Hope this helps.
OMG! You’re late. We really needed you earlier. However.....it’s still freaking February so the festivities can continue!

@Newbie2020 @308pirate @Halfnutz @Bender @lash @Rocketvapor the rest of the gang is showing up, SH Annual MOA vs MIL Festival is still going!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocketvapor
Actually, all of the responses boil down to, why are you doing math if your reticle matches your turrets?

The rest of the responses are for our entertainment.
If your reticle subs don't match the turret subs there's a very simple mathematical formula for that...

CNS ÷ HW(S)=

CNS is cost of new scope that isn't f***ed off. Whereas HW(S)is the number of hours you must work (at your salary) to purchase it.

Much easier than doing all that math to make a simple correction or hold over.

Mike

If your reticle subs don't match the turret subs there's a very simple mathematical formula for that...

CNS ÷ HW(S)=

CNS is cost of new scope that isn't f***ed off. Whereas HW(S)is the number of hours you must work (at your salary) to purchase it.

Much easier than doing all that math to make a simple correction or hold over.

Mike
That only works if somebody does 1 action first.

Pulls their head out of their rectal orifice.

The math practictally don't mean squat if the distance is unknown either.

If you can somewhat guess the yardage is away within a reasonable error (say 50-100 yards). Apply the dope setting. And as long as you can spot your miss.....you can measure using the reticle and apply whatever you initially put on. No math or backtracking required.

Granted, you still have to spot your splash or trace.

Not someone in a hunting application is recommended to do. But a competition setting its perfectly fine.
Agreed. Unfortunately where I shoot my chances of seeing a splash are about the same as dying from a meteor strike after winning the lottery.

Mike

You guys are still going on about reticles and shit. Funny. Last time for the visual learners. Maybe someone will be like ooooo..but probably not. Especially 308P.

Just in case.. for 308P
/ means divide.
x mean multiply
( ) means do this shit in here first then multiply

Constant input of meters-metric. See less math.
adjustment in mrad = subtention in mm/range in meters
distance in meters = target in mm / angle in mrad

Constant of yards and inches
Yards to Target / 100 = inches per MOA adjustment at that distance
Inches of Adjustment Needed / Size of 1 MOA Chunk in Inches = MOA adjustment

Mixed input. See more math.
distance in yards = (target in inches / angle in mrad) x 27.78
distance in meters = (target in inches / angle in mrad) x 25.4

Last edited:
You guys are still going on about reticles and shit. Funny. Last time. Maybe someone will be like ooooo..but probably not.

Constant input of meters. See less math.

distance in yards = target in inches / angle in mrad x 27.78
distance in meters = target in inches / angle in mrad x 25.4
We are achieving levels of cognitive dissonance here to fore thought unattainable. Bravo brainlette.

You guys are still going on about reticles and shit. Funny. Last time. Maybe someone will be like ooooo..but probably not. Especially 308P.

Just in case.. for 308P
/ means divide.
x mean multiple

I honestly thought you were a guy named Matt.
Matt was one of them computer engineers. Matt argued with me about something I had done for 33 years, for a living, a 33 year career.
And do you know why he thought he knew more than me?
Because he installed the SCADA system in a facility similar to mine.
Matt was immediately labeled a complete moron by other people, who had previously thought him a really smart guy.
You didn't have to be that guy, but somehow, you just gotta be right. I expect you can't help it though. You probably have ass burgers or something.

View attachment 7559286

Big.
Ass!

Hope this helps.

Can you give us the "suspects" height & weight?
You aren't gonna miss at that distance anyway.

You guys are still going on about reticles and shit. Funny. Last time for the visual learners. Maybe someone will be like ooooo..but probably not. Especially 308P.

Just in case.. for 308P
/ means divide.
x mean multiply

But why tho? Wtf are you doing math on target?

But why tho? Wtf are you doing math on target?
Well, if people would actually read, this was the only point I was trying to make. Turned into all kinds of other shit..and I don't use it verify often unless I'm just winging a zero or distance. Since MOA is referenced with yards and inches, it makes it that much easier.

Last edited:

Just in case.. for 308P
/ means divide.
x mean multiply

Angular units of measure are not imperial or metric. They're angular units.

Can you give us the "suspects" height & weight?
You aren't gonna miss at that distance anyway.

7mils high
4.3mils WIDE

This target is known as "non standard" and if you use the silhouettes on the right, your range will be WAY off.
This is known as a "bigern"

Last edited:
Well, if people would actually read, this was the only point I was trying to make. Turned into all kinds of other shit..and I don't use it verify often unless I'm just winging a zero or distance.
So the only point you were trying to make is that you want to do pointless math that is completely unnecessary to any real world scenario?
Then you achieved your goal of self flatulation.