• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Model 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD...

Re: Model 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD...

Thanks. Rem does make .308 in long action, right? They don't seem to show which is which on their web site.

That gun is the same barreled action as the SPS Tactical, except on this one its a 1/10 twist rate, and is threaded 5/8-24 thread pitch and Green instead of Black Houge to keep them from being mistaken.

308 can be built on the long remington action. I understand the M24 is so constructed. If the subject rifle has an overall length of 39 5/8 inch for a 20 inch barrel as claimed at the above link, it would be on the short action.

Does anyone else find that the Remington page linked above uses up a lot of CPU when it is being displayed? I wonder what it is doing on my machine.

As I pointed out in another thread, this gun is not yet available, at least as of a week and a half ago. I tried to order one, but my dealer could not locate it. I had to settle on a regular SPS tac, which is a pity, because for an extra $20, barrel threading was a no brainer.

I agree on the threaded barrel but the 1 - 10 twist really appeals to me because I plan on only shooting 175 + in this weapon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As I pointed out in another thread, this gun is not yet available, at least as of a week and a half ago. I tried to order one, but my dealer could not locate it. I had to settle on a regular SPS tac, which is a pity, because for an extra $20, barrel threading was a no brainer. </div></div>

I know and it sucks because I'm playing the waiting game, generally they realease 4-6 weeks after manufactures place on the website with a definate order#. As of this morning all of the distributers we use Have a SKU# listed on there website for the gun but 0-oh. Here again this means Remington has released the rifle for orders they just have not shipped them yet. So where getting close...Hopefully

This gun is truley a value, when you factor 1/10 and 5/8-24 thread pitch for only 20-30 dollars more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Psycho_Smurf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know and it sucks because I'm playing the waiting game, generally they realease 4-6 weeks after manufactures place on the website with a definate order#. As of this morning all of the distributers we use Have a SKU# listed on there website for the gun but 0-oh. Here again this means Remington has released the rifle for orders they just have not shipped them yet. So where getting close...Hopefully

This gun is truley a value, when you factor 1/10 and 5/8-24 thread pitch for only 20-30 dollars more. </div></div>No joke, I was ready to go... I just couldn't bare to wait.

Im waiting for these to hit the shores of the UK, ive already bought a ACIS stock (flat dark earth)& magazine ready to go, egw HD 20moa rail, egw bolt knob, IOR Valdada scope & rings..... so close yet so far away

I spoke to the importers of Remington, and was told that the model hadnt been put on their system and the bloke i spoke to hadnt even heard of it.

Im still unsure what Silencer to get tho?....

Mine should be here next week.

They have been shipping. Davidson's and Sports South. Other places also but I am not sure which ones.

Damn, if I had known I would only have to wait a couple weeks, I would have!

I am watching Davidson's inventory and it looks like they might sell out in the next few hours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am watching Davidson's inventory and it looks like they might sell out in the next few hours. </div></div>

What invetory are you watching because as of 12ish they had none ?

I called Remington on Monday and they said their system showed that Davidsons and Sports South had them in stock. But when I called Davidsons right after they said they had none in stock but showed 20 on order. I then called Sports South and they had one which I immediately ordered. I guess Davidsons order showed up yesterday.

I just got an e-mail from ABLE AMMO and they have them in stock now. Not as cheap as I got mine for but still under MSRP.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=119542

Man I thought they were gonna be 20 or 30 bucks more than the standard. Those are about 150 bucks more than the regular SPS Tacticals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I thought they were gonna be 20 or 30 bucks more than the standard. Those are about 150 bucks more than the regular SPS Tacticals. </div></div>

Umm, not really. Here's the listing for the typical SPS Tactical - the price is less than $10 different

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/42070

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called Remington on Monday and they said their system showed that Davidsons and Sports South had them in stock. But when I called Davidsons right after they said they had none in stock but showed 20 on order. I then called Sports South and they had one which I immediately ordered. I guess Davidsons order showed up yesterday.

I just got an e-mail from ABLE AMMO and they have them in stock now. Not as cheap as I got mine for but still under MSRP.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=119542 </div></div>

I just ordered one from Davidson's. They had 3 in stock when I ordered mine. Should be 2 left.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: darrenk75b</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I thought they were gonna be 20 or 30 bucks more than the standard. Those are about 150 bucks more than the regular SPS Tacticals. </div></div>

Umm, not really. Here's the listing for the typical SPS Tactical - the price is less than $10 different

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/42070 </div></div>

Ahh, Able ammo they were 700. Buds didn't have any in stock earlier.

Yeah I was watching everybodys Sites, and it so happens this gun was allicated everywhere it went so it never really showe3d up on them. Took so doing but I managed to track some down through Remington and nabbed one at Sports South.

I will load some picks ASAP.

JUST RECIEVED AND UNWRAPED IT, WILL POST PICS ASAP.

BTW it has one of the best factory triggers I have ever felt on a rifle short of custom.

Looking forward to it!

I just picked up a SPS T last week, kinda bummed that I didn't wait for this but since I dont have a suppresor and didn't plan on running subsonic 200gn's it doesn't matter much.

But it woulda been cool anyhow....still waiting on the 260's though!

Well I can't post pics at work but will be more than happy when I get home and get it set up.

First impressions.

Barrel looks nice enough, comes with a decent thread protector, that looks OK. It is maked 1/10 Tactical Rifling in wierd font much like the Target Tactical and 5R's

Stock is awesome color, very simular to what Mcmillian does with there marbling efect, its Dark Grean with white, light tan, and black spidering. Down side is its a typical Houge overmolded stock that is OVERMOLDED, I will have to sand out the barrel chanel to Free-Float the barrel this is probally one of the worse ones I have seen as you could not fit a piece of paper inbetween the barrel and stock.

Trigger is just amazing, for a factory rifle. I honestly won't do anything to it at this point.

Everything else is Typical Remington.
Stay tuned for Range report.

Pics tonight at 7Central unless I die on the way home.

AAARRRGGGHHH! I've got my regular SPS up for sale locally. Once I sell it I'll have to track this one down.

Sorry For the Crappy pics, Murphy Struck again is and my Sony is charging will upload better pics later tonight with the scope mounted.

Overall shot
moto_0067.jpg

Stock
moto_0069.jpg

Typical OVERMOLDED stock yeah there not joking when they say it, got some nice barrel contact.
moto_0070.jpg

Thread Protector.
moto_0068.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is 6 pages worth of discussion on the rifle

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1860024&page=1</div></div>

That was a Long read but well worth it, nice to see the Freedom Group is takig there customers seriuosly again. Also kind wierd to see the Original concept and how it evolved into what Im fondling on my work bench right now. LOL Just can't wait to see the nicer version come out.

The only thing I really prefer on the "nicer version" as you call it is the 5R barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing I really prefer on the "nicer version" as you call it is the 5R barrel.</div></div> LOL Yeah I would like the R5 and The coating as its alot tougher than what Remington uses, everything else would be replaced.

I really want to get this rifle. I'm glad I didn't get a 308 yet, I was going to get an sps varmint, but after seeing this and reading that there isn't really that much difference in velocity ,I'll go with a 20". The threaded barrel and 1-10 twist is nice too.

Looks like a really nice rifle. One more option for buying a factory rifle.

Anyone know what the street price is?

Just picked up mine from the dealer. Ordered it Wednesday night from Davidson's and picked it up today. Total cost was $651.97 out the door. I'm happy with it so far, just hope it shoots straight.

nice! that's not much more than an SPSV up here.

The gun itself was $568.99 additional fees was $25.95 and $57.03 TN sales tax. TN sales tax is 9.5%

I can't wait to get this rifle!

buds gunshop had em for 590 shipped yesterday. Plus 20 for the FFL and your looking at 610$

wow, that's less than I can get an SPS varmint for here.

Buds just sold out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buds just sold out.

</div></div>

Know where we can find some? Also what about the Blackout version?

well, it will be a while before I have the money anyway.

check out the groupbuy section. Someone is running a group buy on them. Preorder and youll get 100 bucks off august 1st.

A lot has to be done before a Blackout version. It won't be real soon.

As for where to get these, most major distributors ordered them. I think most sold out, but the resupply is continuous. So if you cannot find one, perhaps just order it and it should show up without too long a wait.

All this talk of the rifle makes me want it!!!