• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Monthly Sporting Rifle match RATON NM

Re: Monthly Sporting Rifle match RATON NM

You will not be sorry with their cans. They are sweet! I have had mine now for probably about 3-4 months and put 500-600 through it. Very satisfied.

I'm getting a Thunder Beast can too as soon as they get some more in at Jensen's. They are just waiting for them to clear.

Said there was some recent audit and holdup of shit....apparently a bunch just cleared all at once. Might be a TB in there. I'd call.

I am going to call first thing in the morning.

Next weekend , the 7th , is the last match for the year . Same as always we will be down on sat. afternoon to do set up and shoot a little . The match starts sun. am with a 7:30 shooters meeting and sign up . The details are here , http://demigod.org/srm , last chance this year come out and shoot .

Frank You can have all the Red Bull You like just pack out Your cans .

Yeah I guess we could get the Master / Blaster thing goin but You know I'm the famous Falling Fat Man and no body will let use there Tubb rifle to brake my fall and it could get ugly .

Dude, you;re right, I'm not falling from that height, it would kill me. I saw that dude hit that slab with the water and take a dive, no way... that is some ugly shit right there.

See you saturday.
smile.gif

This weekend , 7 Sept , is the last match for the year . Set up starts at 1pm on sat. and the site in range goes hot at 3pm after we get set up done . The match starts at 8 on sun. am with the shooters meeting and sign up starting at 7:30 . The match has approx 2 moa targets from 200 to 875 yds . More info can be found here , http://demigod.org/srm . Come out and shoot , your next chance will be in 4 or 5 months .

I have faith that like last time about half way through the retard gene will come out and You'll start dropping shots .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrButterpants</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you'll eternally be my bitch? </div></div>

Must stop crying...

Clint and I are leaving (DFW) Friday at midnight, see ya'll Sat. afternoon.
Joe

Looks like a large turn out again for the last one of the year . We will be at the gate at 1pm for set up and can start shooting on the site in range at 3pm . See you all tomorrow .

Looks like Mr B is gonna make after all .

Fun times yesterday. 29 shooters I think... Thanks for putting it on.

The learning curve was steep, it took me about 1/2 of the match to get settled in and comfortable.

Without a doubt I am going to have to try harder to massage my schedule to make more of these.

I could not get to this match unfortunately. I shot it last month for the first time. It was a lot of fun. My experience was the same as yours Hoser, it definitely took me a few stages to get going. Looking foward to next match in Feb 2009!

C Ward kicked ass by matching the course record with a score of 58 out of 60 targets. Outstanding job!

Record turn out for the last match of the year . This has been our best year ever for turn out and it was nice seeing all the new shooters this year .

The schedule for next year should be out around Oct. or Nov . and will be posted as soon as we get it .

Look at it a little earlier this year Frank and come shoot more .

Chuck, awesome shooting, and when my schedule permits you'll see me there. I had a good time...

George was on hardcore track to give you a run, that last stage really hurt him. Near the end we were able to experiment a bit with the winds knowing several of us were out of the hunt, so we got to see what read at the shooter compared to what we saw at the target. One of the interesting shots was the 875, the red engineer tape was barely moving, being in the stand of trees we felt very little on the shooter I shot it for a full value 10MPH and hit left end. So its great training anyway you slice it.

Count me in when I can...
smile.gif

He droppped the two targets while thinking bad things about my Tubb...

like humping your Tubb in a creek to see if he could break it
wink.gif

Sorry I missed the match - had other plans
smile.gif

Creek was dry, and Chuck never said a bad word about the Tubb Gun, he just wanted to do an infantry roll with it... how can that be bad, its an essential combat skill.
smile.gif

I'll make Mr B cry even more , gravity wrapped a stick around my feet at station 1 and I drop checked my rifle right on the elevation turret with 6 stations left to shoot .
It was one of thoose days that it was hard to miss .
The coolest shot of the day was only at about 3ft and ended with a decapitated 3 ft rattler .

Sounds like y'all had fun. Since we'll be spending next summer in Creede, as we did most of this one, I'll bring my stick and plan to make some of those next year.

Cheers!
-- Lindy

Had a great time again. The drive back really sucks, but thats what vacation days are for. Congrats Chuck on the win. Will try to get more DFW guys next year. Can someone send me a range card/schematic like the ones on the clip board so I can put my drop on it.
Thanks
Joe

I don't remeber what format that was in , I think it was photoshop , but I'll see what i can do .

Stay tuned the schedule for next year will be out in Nov or Dec

<span style="font-weight: bold"> Here are the dates for 09 ,
01 Feb
01 Mar
05 Apr
03 May
12 Jul
09 Aug
06 Sep
</span>

The dates will be up on the website , http://demigod.org/srm ,in the next few days also .

We start again in Feb , still have a month to get Your stuff together and come shoot .

The first match is in about 2 and 1/2 weeks you still have time to get ready and come shoot .

The first match of the year is next weekend , 1 Feb . Like always set up is sat afternoon and after that is done the sight in range opens at 3 till 5 . Come out and shoot . You can find more info on , http://demigod.org/srm .
You in town LL ?? come shoot .

I'm new to shooting boltguns, just built a rem 700 over the last couple months. With a lot of help from ninehotel at the range the other day I'm hopeful I can actually hit some targets at this match. Pending the weather I plan to be there!

Dragging at least 1 new shooter down there. Can't wait for the match!!! rtr will be a welcome addition to the crew. His 243 is quite pleasant to shoot and very accurate.

rtr is filling Tim Cannons shoes now that he has left the building.

Have fun guys. See you when I get back.

Weather still looks acceptable in Raton , we'll see .

Here are the dates again
Here are the dates for 09 ,
01 Feb
01 Mar
05 Apr
03 May
12 Jul
09 Aug
06 Sep

I still want some Sasquatch jerky you tease .

The match director was in contact with the Whittington center and the weather is good and we are shooting . Like all the early year matches we will start set up at 12 and start shooting on the site in range at 3 till 5 .
More info can be found here , http://demigod.org/srm

Come out and shoot at something more than 100 yard paper .

You flying or going down the alternate career path ?

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and will be at the SRM Saturday about noon to help set up. I have been lurking here for a while and saw the match specifics at Zak's site.

Jeff

Cool , there are pretty good directions on the website . We'll get there at 12 and start set up at 12:15 or 12:30 . When we go to set up we lock the gate behind us and if no one is there wait and we'll see You as we pass back by to do the east side and let people in .

Hey Chuck. Gotta fly. The other path has been delayed until October. For now at least. All signed up for Logan though.

Hope you shot well.