• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More shootings

So, "slipped through the cracks" equals "red flag laws".
Maybe Crenshaw is right? Even thought most people on here explode at the idea there is clearly somewhere we need a red line.

If he had "help" and depth of research on his target location, wouldn't he have known the store had armed security?
He knew everything about that store and the surrounding streets and neighborhoods, which were supposed to be a part of his attack, of it got that far. He even knew where security hung out.

Reactions: NoDopes
Awful! The POS recorded it as if it was a first person shooter. I would be really surprised if he was not a big Call Of Duty fan. Of course the video game companies won't take any responsibility for this. You can't tell me that mental illness mixed with first person shooter games does not make for a bad combination. It's known that Adam Lanza, and the Columbine kids were heavy into those games, as well as a bunch of other young killers. In Call of Duty you can can take part in shooting up hostages at an airport, that's how warped the people in the video game business are.

• Haha
Reactions: wade2big
Awful! The POS recorded it as if it was a first person shooter. I would be really surprised if he was not a big Call Of Duty fan. Of course the video game companies won't take any responsibility for this. You can't tell me that mental illness mixed with first person shooter games does not make for a bad combination. It's known that Adam Lanza, and the Columbine kids were heavy into those games, as well as a bunch of other young killers. In Call of Duty you can can take part in shooting up hostages at an airport, that's how warped the people in the video game business are.
Them taking responsibility is the same as a gun maker taking responsibility. It’s a fucking game. If you can’t tell the difference that’s the problem not the game.

I read today that he was panhandling at that store the day before and had a 90 minute conversation with some black guy in the parking lot Had a shirt on that said “genius”

Asked the black guy if he was going to be at the store the next day.

Keep pushing the political divide. Good times in the land of sodom.

Maybe he’s from the future. Shoot, maybe he got the jabs and is mind controlled. LOL. My theories are not anymore far fetched than current reality (whatever reality is these days)

The NY hobag GOV lady is blaming websites like 4chan and big tech…blaming everyone but themselves. 🙄

On the flip side how many fucked up individuals channel their aggression and depravity into video games and virtual reality rather than going after people in real life?

This had nothing to do with video games, based on the depth and detail this kid went to he was clearly far more fucked in the head than a simple, “I got mad and shot my bullies in school because of video games”. He recorded it like that because that is what the NZ shooter did at that mosque.

On the flip side how many fucked up individuals channel their aggression and depravity into video games and virtual reality rather than going after people in real life?

This had nothing to do with video games, based on the depth and detail this kid went to he was clearly far more fucked in the head than a simple, “I got mad and shot my bullies in school because of video games”. He recorded it like that because that is what the NZ shooter did at that mosque.
So you are an expert, and you can 100% say that without a doubt that mental illness coupled with hour after hour of simulated killing had absolutely noting to do with it? And not the Columbine kids, not Adam Lanza? I made a premise statement rooted in facts, and you bring no evidence to the table to support your premise. I would say you just lost the argument.

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
Them taking responsibility is the same as a gun maker taking responsibility. It’s a fucking game. If you can’t tell the difference that’s the problem not the game.
So hyper realistic simulated killing in video games is healthy, and makes no effect with mentally ill individuals? Hyper real as in limbs and exploding gore? As well, the gun is a tool, but a hyper real simulation can re-map your entire operating system, it can be the instruction set possibly for the mentally ill.

Once again, "It's a fucking game" is not a premise or even a statement you can back up. It's a fact that many of the younger mass shooters play violent first person shooters, this has been documented over and over, it's indisputable.

Once again you are bringing nothing to the table. Perhaps I hit a nerve on some COD fans.

I will add that I worked in the video game industry for several years, and the mindset of a game producer is how can they make it as realistic as possible. I once had a producer explain to me how it was really cool how your character could take a piano wire and kill anyone walking down the street.

Last edited:
Ive spent a lot of time playing video games. people are too quick to discount the negative psychological effects that playing violent videogames can have on YOUNG minds. its a murder simulation.

Mabye those same people would think a video game rape simulation or child molester simulations would also be a healthy way for youth to spend hours endulging in?? becaue free speech and artistic expression or some bs?

Reactions: Sako man
So hyper realistic simulated killing in video games is healthy, and makes no effect with mentally ill individuals? Hyper real as in limbs and exploding gore? As well, the gun is a tool, but a hyper real simulation can re-map your entire operating system, it can be the instruction set possibly for the mentally ill.

Once again, "It's a fucking game" is not a premise or even a statement you can back up. It's a fact that many of the younger mass shooters play violent first person shooters, this has been documented over and over, it's indisputable.

Once again you are bringing nothing to the table. Perhaps I hit a nerve on some COD fans.

I will add that I worked in the video game industry for several years, and the mindset of a game producer is how can they make it as realistic as possible. I once had a producer explain to me how it was really cool how your character could take a piano wire and kill anyone walking down the street.
still not the games fault. The parents are to blame then if they allow that person to play those games. Are sports to blame for toxic masculinity (even though that isn't real)? blaming games is an excuse. its passing the buck and evading responsibility.

1 out of 5 million people who plays those games does something dumb. Thats hardly a cause, let alone even a symptom of the larger issue. the issue is mental health and these kids are slipping through the cracks. parents are not involved in their kids. kids arent taught coping skills or critical thinking anymore. society is to blame not video games or guns.

Reactions: jLorenzo

If you structure a country around what a few of 350,000,000 people are willing to do the only answer is a concentration camp with good little citizens fed through an IV and strapped to a wall for 82 years on average.

We have to accept that freedom has a consequence that is far less than the alternatives.

If you structure a country around what a few of 350,000,000 people are willing to do the only answer is a concentration camp with good little citizens fed through an IV and strapped to a wall for 82 years on average.

We have to accept that freedom has a consequence that is far less than the alternatives.
peaceful slavery vs "dangerous" freedom

Crenshaw is a faggot cock sucker and anyone that agrees with him deserves to be ass-raped with a rusty cactus.

despite what the Govt wants you to think...the Constitution isnt all of a sudden voided because something bad happens.
yeah i disagree with him more than i agree with him on stuff. But hes now a politician and all politicians are cunts.

still not the games fault. The parents are to blame then if they allow that person to play those games.
So it's the parents are to blame? And according to you their fault for letting the child play violent video games? So you admit that then those violet video games could have an effect on a child?

According to your first statement the games have noting to do with it, yet then why would the parents be at fault at all for letting the kid play the violent games if they as you say have no effect.

Do you see by your own admission your opening premise is flawed, and you just handed me that one.

So it's the parents are to blame? And according to you their fault for letting the child play violent video games? So you admit that then those violet video games could have an effect on a child?

According to your first statement the games have noting to do with it, yet then why would the parents be at fault at all for letting the kid play the violent games if they as you say have no effect.

Do you see by your own admission your opening premise is flawed, and you just handed me that one.
You’re partially correct. I did not make a cogent argument. What was meant that is if your kid is predisposed to certain mental health issues like violence those games aren’t perhaps the best for them to play. But the game doesn’t make someone a killer, that defect already exists. If your kid is into maming animals and lighting fires, yeah COD probably isn’t the best therapy. But in the end, it comes down to actually being involved with your kids. Knowing your kids. Teaching them how to deal with disappointment and adversity. Not being a fucking asshole yourself.

the game is not a cause. It’s not even a symptom. But yes I can agree that not everyone should play them……..and just so we are clear, those games are designed for adults not 14 year olds. Maybe those ratings have validity. But we could blame movies and tv just as easily as the games. But none of those are the cause. The cause is a fundamental breakdown in the family units and society all the Wylie the media is perpetuating something to divide us.
297E364D-B325-44BA-BBFC-867989506FA7.jpeg

and further edited to add, the games themselves aren’t that bad, it’s the in game chat that is toxic as fuck. People will say all kinds of stuff when they aren’t afraid to get punched in the mouth.

So you are an expert, and you can 100% say that without a doubt that mental illness coupled with hour after hour of simulated killing had absolutely noting to do with it? And not the Columbine kids, not Adam Lanza? I made a premise statement rooted in facts, and you bring no evidence to the table to support your premise. I would say you just lost the argument.

So hyper realistic simulated killing in video games is healthy, and makes no effect with mentally ill individuals? Hyper real as in limbs and exploding gore?

And what about those who did it before video games existed? There were dozens if not hundreds of mass shootings prior to the creation of any violent video games, what drove them to do it?

As for Columbine have you looked at video games from the 90’s?
95979800-0DB3-4532-832F-4BA46A041875.jpeg

Super realistic, looks just like the real thing.

What about horror movies and games? If shooting games caused mass shootings by the same logic shouldn’t there be legions of serial killers cutting up and dismembering bodies in gruesome ways based on all the various movie and games produced over the years? The horror genre makes the FPS genre seem like a children’s book by comparison when it comes to blood and gore. Yet there have been serial killers for literally thousands of years and there doesn’t seem to be a drastic increase.

Fucked up people do fucked up things and if someone was mentally ill enough to kill someone because of a video game then they were going to kill someone regardless. The kid wrote a road map on the how and why he did it and since I have yet to see anyone directly quote him saying which video games he preferred I’m going to say he didn’t put it in his manifesto because it wasn’t relevant to whatever fucked up reasons he deluded himself with when he planned to murder a bunch of people.

you must be joking, now the video game people have responsibility?

you must be joking, now the video game people have responsibility?
No, more that the games have some connection, when combined with mental illness. A perfect storm. I am not saying the games are the driving factor, but a contributor when combined with certain elements. I am saying shame on those producers for pushing the content.

I disagree that there were mass shootings by young men prior to today's entertainment media. There were shootings here and there but not to this degree, it's ramped up. Guns were available to the public in the 60's, 70's, 80's, etc, and yet we didn't have mass shootings generally. Its a phenomenon mostly seen in the past twenty years. But something changed, and my argument is violence in our entertainment, especially video games have played a role.

So once again, not causative but contributing, big difference compared to outright blaming games directly.

We can't as a society look at images like this and tell ourselves this is healthy for children and developing minds. Here is an image from Call of Duty where you can actively play a character gunning down innocent people at an airport, tell me that is not disgusting. These kinds of games are not conducive to a healthy society. If anyone can tell me this is normal and ok for kids I would say you are deluded.

Russian-Media-Links-Modern-Warfare-2-and-Airport-Terror-Attack-2.jpg

main-qimg-8d13f8952f54b9e826d718bd58f83b44-c.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

Attachments

• civilians1.jpg
    civilians1.jpg
    775.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
have "mass shootings" increased....or has the reporting of "mass shootings"....?

in the 60-80's...the internet didnt exist...news was still fairly local...and the media was not as blatant about their activism.

33 people were shot this weekend in Chicago....33!

that is more than the Dallas shooting, the Buffalo shooting, and the Laguna woods shooting...combined.

fuck, chicago has had nearly 800 shootings this year.....its only May...

....but which is getting schlocked more by the media?....how many of those 800 victims in chicago have you heard about?
Yes and that is black on black crime for you, that no one likes to report on. To answer your question, mass shootings have increased, and it's complex, but I am speaking of very specific incidences of mental illness combined with other factors. You are talking about a different phenomena that is partially cultural and unfairly reported by our media. So, I kinda agree with you.

Honestly, I don't know how conclusive studies are, you can find studies that literally back any position these days, but here is an example of a study that says indeed violet games are indeed linked to violent behavior. Although this is my stance, I am weary of studies and again a grain of salt applied.

Reactions: stefan73
The way the gov counts “mass shootings” and “school shootings” is laughable and to drive statistics for the lemmings. Couple of gang bangers get shot on a Saturday at midnight, few blocks away from a school, counts as a “mass shooting at a school.” We fucked up when we got rid of the asylums.

Reactions: Sako man
Give it a rest. Those games sell tens of MILLIONS of copies if it were a recipe for producing mass murdering teens we would see it constantly.

Despite the Media play these events are rare as fuck, you're more likely to be murdered by a friend or jilted lover wiya hammer than be killed in a mass shooting.

Even if it was a direct cause for say 1 maniac every so many years, what's the answer? No more video games for anybody else because little Timmy the psycho might shoot up his school one day?

That's the same dipshit argument they use for gun control. Take them away from everyone in case one dipshit does something stupid with one, great idea 💡

That's the same dipshit argument they use for gun control. Take them away from everyone in case one dipshit does something stupid with one, great idea 💡
I am not advocating for gun control, that would be against my values and it's not the same argument, don't conflate the two. But you will conflate the two because you are bing intellectually dishonest, you probably don't even realize that. Perhaps you can't comprehend what I am explaining?

I am saying that violent FPS games are a bad idea for undeveloped minds. Once again, you are not brining any proof of premise to the table, you are not adding anything other than calling a "dip-shit argument" it's fine by me if you want to throw out a foolish statement and look silly.

I know my stance is controversial, especially amongst younger audiences that like COD here, and or adults who have no shame in letting their kids play said games.

More to the point that I don't even see them as games anymore but simulations, and after hundreds of hours using those simulations I'm am sure it maps our brains a certain way.

I am not advocating for gun control, that would be against my values and it's not the same argument, don't conflate the two. But you will conflate the two because you are bing intellectually dishonest, you probably don't even realize that. Perhaps you can't comprehend what I am explaining?

I am saying that violent FPS games are a bad idea for undeveloped minds. Once again, you are not brining any proof of premise to the table, you are not adding anything other than calling a "dip-shit argument" it's fine by me if you want to throw out a foolish statement and look silly.

I know my stance is controversial, especially amongst younger audiences that like COD here, and or adults who have no shame in letting their kids play said games.

More to the point that I don't even see them as games anymore but simulations, and after hundreds of hours using those simulations I'm am sure it maps our brains a certain way.
The only thing COD maps my brain to is I hate campers. 😂😂😂

There has never been any conclusive reports saying that violent video games make violent people. However, there have been reports saying that contrary to that, violent video games make people less violent.

That said, everyone's favorite grifting Jew weighed in on it:

No, more that the games have some connection, when combined with mental illness. A perfect storm. I am not saying the games are the driving factor, but a contributor when combined with certain elements. I am saying shame on those producers for pushing the content.

I disagree that there were mass shootings by young men prior to today's entertainment media. There were shootings here and there but not to this degree, it's ramped up. Guns were available to the public in the 60's, 70's, 80's, etc, and yet we didn't have mass shootings generally. Its a phenomenon mostly seen in the past twenty years. But something changed, and my argument is violence in our entertainment, especially video games have played a role.

So once again, not causative but contributing, big difference compared to outright blaming games directly.

We can't as a society look at images like this and tell ourselves this is healthy for children and developing minds. Here is an image from Call of Duty where you can actively play a character gunning down innocent people at an airport, tell me that is not disgusting. These kinds of games are not conducive to a healthy society. If anyone can tell me this is normal and ok for kids I would say you are deluded.

View attachment 7871064
View attachment 7871054
View attachment 7871055
as dumb an assumption as banning guns cause people kill using guns

as dumb an assumption as banning guns cause people kill using guns
Nope, don't conflate the two. And I am not blaming the game producers for murder, I am saying that it's morally reprehensible to make such games, and some mentally ill persons may have reactions to them. It's like the kids who were getting arrested, and then telling the police they were influenced by Grand Theft Auto. It happens, people are sick, people are dumb, they are susceptible.

I know my view is controversial but the last thing it is, is "dumb." And the fact that I have struck a nerve with many here says volumes.

Let me ask you a question, if you will answer. Would you be ok with a game called rape simulator? Where a character goes around raping women, would you not agree that it should be morally reprehensible to create such a game?

Nope, don't conflate the two. And I am not blaming the game producers for murder, I am saying that it's morally reprehensible to make such games, and some mentally ill persons may have reactions to them. It's like the kids who were getting arrested, and then telling the police they were influenced by Grand Theft Auto. It happens, people are sick, people are dumb, they are susceptible.

I know my view is controversial but the last thing it is, is "dumb." And the fact that I have struck a nerve with many here says volumes.

Let me ask you a question, if you will answer. Would you be ok with a game called rape simulator? Where a character goes around raping women, would you not agree that it should be morally reprehensible to create such a game?

GTA. Is rape simulator.

You keep saying don't conflate the two, it's exactly the same.

You want to get rid of something for everyone because a select few may be negatively influenced by it or use it as inspiration for something horrible

How is that any fucking different than saying take guns away from millions of law abiding citizens because a select few may do something horrible with one?

I find racism and the discussion of genocide based on people's skin color or religion morally reprehensible but it's not illegal just like playing your rape fantasy game wouldn't be illegal

I think Modern Warfare sold something like 100 million copies back in the day we haven't had a fraction of 1% of 100 million gamer aged active shooters. That's why it's a dumb argument. That's only one game. There's multiple versions in that series and others. The correlation ain't there.

"But all the mass shooters played COD!!!!"

Yeah them and everybody else under 30 years of age, so fucking what? I'll bet all the mass shooters drove cars and engaged in pre marital sex if the opportunity presented itself too.

Shit maybe we should raise the driving age and the age of consent to 30, that should fix the problem.

The degradation of the nuclear family is the problem. Driven largely by the feminist movement and rising inflation. Dad's salary alone can't pay for a whole family any more and all the "strong independent women" out there are more concerned with having their own careers than raising their own kids.

In inner city and minority families this gave rise to criminal gangs and the violence that came with them. I would argue that the active shooter phenomena is the Caucasian suburban version of a street gang.

It's what happens when parents are absent, kids are ignored, they feel lost and hopeless and that nobody gives a fuck about them so they seek out a way to make the world give a fuck who they are.

Family dynamics are 100000x more important than what fuckin video games they're playing.

Let's not underestimate the current culture of our medical system of overlooking why kids are depressed and fucked up in the first place and jamming pills down their throats and exacerbating the problem.

What's different between now and back before this shit started? Yeah COD wasn't around back in the day but you know what was? BOTH fucking parents.

The divorce rate is over 50% and that's for parents that bother to marry in the first place.

But yeah that's all small potatoes, it's the video games doing the damage

lol-cat.gif

You want to get rid of something for everyone because a select few may be negatively influenced by it or use it as inspiration for something horrible

How is that any fucking different than saying take guns away from millions of law abiding citizens because a select few may do something horrible with one?

I find racism and the discussion of genocide based on people's skin color or religion morally reprehensible but it's not illegal just like playing your rape fantasy game wouldn't be illegal

I think Modern Warfare sold something like 100 million copies back in the day we haven't had a fraction of 1% of 100 million gamer aged active shooters. That's why it's a dumb argument. That's only one game. There's multiple versions in that series and others. The correlation ain't there.

Yeah them and everybody else under 30 years of age, so fucking what? I'll bet all the mass shooters drove cars and engaged in pre marital sex if the opportunity presented itself too.

Shit maybe we should raise the driving age and the age of consent to 30, that should fix the problem.

The degradation of the nuclear family is the problem. Driven largely by the feminist movement and rising inflation. Dad's salary alone can't pay for a whole family any more and all the "strong independent women" out there are more concerned with having their own careers than raising their own kids.

In inner city and minority families this gave rise to criminal gangs and the violence that came with them. I would argue that the active shooter phenomena is the Caucasian suburban version of a street gang.

It's what happens when parents are absent, kids are ignored, they feel lost and hopeless and that nobody gives a fuck about them so they seek out a way to make the world give a fuck who they are.

Family dynamics are 100000x more important than what fuckin video games they're playing.

Let's not underestimate the current culture of our medical system of overlooking why kids are depressed and fucked up in the first place and jamming pills down their throats and exacerbating the problem.

What's different between now and back before this shit started? Yeah COD wasn't around back in the day but you know what was? BOTH fucking parents.

The divorce rate is over 50% and that's for parents that bother to marry in the first place.

lol-cat.gif
Fuck me. Why am I so hard right now?

lol-cat.gif
TLDR

You're probably wrong.

do i think a "rape simulator" would be morally reprehensible?.....hell yes....

but how far are we willing to go down the puritan slippery slope?

is Machiavellian posturing and murder "morally reprehensible"?......in which case should we not be teaching Macbeth?

is Theft "morally reprehensible"?...in which case should we not allow "gone in 60 seconds" or "the italian job" to be shown?
I get where you are going with that. However there is a big difference between processing a Shakespearian moral of the story, vs. programming your visual cortex. Of course we have to embrace violence to a degree, that is life. But actively participating in the creation of violent simulators or not seeing the aboration that they are is a sign of a real shift in our cultures collective consciousness.

There is narrative in cinema, and then there is playing a character yourself, there is a vast difference in playing video games vs. watching a story. Active vs. passive programming, there are no lessons so be learned in a first person shooter, only action and stimulation. There is violence for the sake of narrative, and then for the sake of the grotesque. Without going too deep into my background this is really my area of expertise, and have spent years and years working on these issues.

If only some of you were not so retarded, then you might be able to follow along. Not to be too condescending, as I'm kinda joking around. We are all entitled to our opinions here.

do you really expect this level of retort to win anyone over in this discussion?

seriously dude, were all having a conversation here...and for once on the hide, no one is being an asshole to the people they disagree with...at least give the guy a "youve made some good points, let me think about it overnight"...rather than just resorting to "i didnt read your shit but youre probably stupid".
Well, besides the fact that you have made some good points, I don't need to win anyone over. I am comfortable with my opinions, which are not always popular. And, this is the bear pit so it's expected for some mean shit to be said sometimes, but it's all good my friend. Feel free to be an asshole if you want, it doesn't bother me. We are all assholes to a degree, and I like the assholes here.

thats actually a pretty uninformed statement about videogames in general...many FPS games have pretty involved story lines that rival anything coming out of hollywood now a days...

....FPS videogames are more akin to interactive movies more than they are "simulators"....
Oh trust me I am very informed, and versed on this stuff. But to clarify, I am not talking about the complexity of a video game narrative, which I agree, yes! there are some good story lines for sure. You are right on that one. Once again this is my realm, I can almost guarantee that you have seen some of my work, in games and film.

What I am talking about is the psychology of watching a movie and storyline, vs. the psychology of being an active participant in a storyline i.e. video game. We know humans can't empathize for ourselves when playing a game, but we can empathize for characters on a screen that we identify with. This difference has a very big impact on how we learn, and what makes the difference between a movie, and a simulation or game. Now, you probably follow what I am saying.

Last edited:
Oh trust me I am very informed, and versed on this stuff. But to clarify, I am not talking about the complexity of a video game narrative, which I agree, yes! there are some good story lines for sure. You are right on that one. Once again this is my realm, without giving away who I am, but I can almost guarantee that you have seen some of my work. What I am talking about is the psychology of watching a movie and storyline, vs. the psychology of being an active participant in a storyline i.e. video game. We know humans can't empathize for ourselves when playing a game, but we can empathize for characters on a screen that we identify with. This difference has a very big impact on how we learn, and what makes the difference between a movie, and a simulation or game. Now, you probably follow what I am saying.

At the end of the day the semantics are statistically meaningless.

We have exposed almost every male in the USA below the age of 30 to FPS shooters.

These things that happen are not a statistically significant adverse outcome. In fact, my non-scientific assessment of the situation would impute far more mass shootings and murders to FPS shooters than have ocurred.

If I theorize an outcome and said outcome doesn’t occur, I am wrong. Full stop. Emotional attachments to inaccurate positions on topics are a fundamental flaw in human reasoning and a cause of immense destruction.

Same reason I’m against capital punishment. I love the idea. It turns out that people that stab their wife to death don’t give a fuck about being put to death. Go figure. So it has almost no impact on crime rates. And as such I’m left to wonder if our government is a trustworthy curator of a death penalty. Which I will put at a “no”. So I’m against it.

Assigning (partial) blame to video games is simply ignorant. The shooter was mentally unstable and played video games.

What percentage of mentally unstable people commit violent crime? What percentage of video gamers commit violent crime? The would be different by a factor of hundreds, if not thousands. Probably more.

That's like saying a fatherless man commits a crime. He also drinks grape soda. We should examine grape soda as violence inducing.

Reactions: jLorenzo
The term y'all are looking for to describe the muppet's video game theory is spurious relationship.

But he worked in the video game industry so he knows more about how it ties into crime and violence than the guys on this board who work in the crime and violence industry

I probably have that wrong too, cause I'm too dumb to understand his psuedo intellectual wannabe crafty arguments based on his worldly experience in... video games I guess

i-dont-know.gif

Assigning (partial) blame to video games is simply ignorant. The shooter was mentally unstable and played video games.

What percentage of mentally unstable people commit violent crime? What percentage of video gamers commit violent crime? The would be different by a factor of hundreds, if not thousands. Probably more.

That's like saying a fatherless man commits a crime. He also drinks grape soda. We should examine grape soda as violence inducing.
Discounting it is "ignorant." You and I don't know what the killer was thinking. There might be a connection, and it's "ignorant" to say otherwise.

My theory is so "ignorant" there are numerous articles about this topic, and a lot of psychologists who theorize the same thing.

'It’s quite possible that playing this script out numerous times in the game influenced his decision-making -- and that is in fact what he said.'

— Dr. Paul Weigle, child and adolescent psychiatrist on mass killer Devin Moore

You can't discount the facts that many mass shooters have had addictions to first person shooters, that's just the fact. So once again, no need to feel defensive, I know there is big gamer crowd here. I am not saying that violent video games make you violent, I am saying that if you are already mentally ill, violent video games can make you worse. Now get that through the thick skull, thanks.

The term y'all are looking for to describe the muppet's video game theory is spurious relationship.

But he worked in the video game industry so he knows more about how it ties into crime and violence than the guys on this board who work in the crime and violence industry

I probably have that wrong too, cause I'm too dumb to understand his psuedo intellectual wannabe crafty arguments based on his worldly experience in... video games I guess

i-dont-know.gif
You don't have to put words in my mouth to prove your point. I said I understand the psychological mechanics of various forms of entertainment media, especially the on the visual end. So let's not fabricate some bullshit, and attribute it to me, cool! Yeah, if you say dumb shit, then yes, people will assume the worst.

Cheers!

Discounting it is "ignorant." You and I don't know what the killer was thinking. There might be a connection, and it's "ignorant" to say otherwise.
I'm not discounting it. I'm saying put it in perspective. If you're going to start an argument from ignorance, let's add contributing factors since we cannot disprove it.

Maybe he was driven to action by the sound of old men babbling, or the sight of a busy carpark. You can't discount them. "You and I don't know what the killer was thinking".

Thats the other question what was he shot with and did the Officer notice after the first shot that it didn't effect him apparently.
He mentions in the alleged manifesto that he had previously scouted the store and noted that there were 2 security guards with full size glocks (he or whoever wrote the manifesto seemes to know their gear). His first mag was loaded with 20 rounds of M855 then 10 55Gr. He planned to shoot the guards through the glass at the front of the store with the M855, Also may account for the lack of immediate blood but I'm sure there was plenty after a minute or two.
The video is also clearly cut. It doesn't show any guard shooting or how it ends. Theres a lot of weird to this. Kid seems to be wanting attention is my guess. Fucking shit head.

I would add, violent video games certainly don't help. Desensitization is a thing and people today are constantly bombarded with toxic shit of one form or another. Unfortunately theres all kinds of factors that screw people up. Everyone desperately wants to find the one factor that caused something to occur. Existence on earth can be wildly complicated. What we see with this kid is the culmination of the 18 years prior. The kid wants attention, that is the main impression I am getting from reading the alleged manifesto and looking at pictures of him. He may be somewhat intelligent on a few levels but mostly what I see is a spoiled kid who wants attention. For whatever reason.