• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Most Accurate big bore for less than $20K

Re: Most Accurate big bore for less than $20K

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go with the 375 cheytac or at least the 408.

Let me know if I can help. </div></div>

Rob builds a fine rig... He built mine.... it shoots consistantly sub half MOA ( but I haven't shot it to 2500yds yet... it will be 1/2moa at 1830yds which is the furthest I've shot mine ) It's a 375CT which is one of the only rigs that will fit what you're asking of this build... There are some custom wildcats out there too.

I don't know if you reload or not but, you'll need to reload to shoot a 375CT ( or other like it ) unless you're rich... Even when you do reload, this pig is EXPENSIVE to shoot but, if you want to consistantly hit a IPSC sized plate at well over a mile away, this will do the job.

Don't skimp on anything building a rig like this... It wont' cost you 20k to build but, mine cost about half that.... save the other 10k for bullets, powder, brass and primers.

Also, I'm not sure anything made can get 1/2 moa at 2500yds currently. That's a LOT to ask but, the 375CT will get you out there, that's for sure. You can also talk to Dave Viers... he's worked on some wildccats too and it a great guy.

I do reload. I was figuring about$3.5 per round using the brass 4X. But something else to consider is barrel life. I heard a 338 Snipetac will only get 1,000 rounds per barrel so that in effect would jack the price up to $4.5 a pop.

What kind of barrel life do you expect from the 375?

What is the BC of the bullets you're shooting and at what speed?
Have you know the extreme spread?

Jwoolf, are you interested in winning 5000 dollars. I will cut a steel plate 9.3 inches in diameter and bring it to Dallas ot to the range of your choice if in the N. Texas area. We will place the plate at 1830 yds and you start shooting at it. Bring 5000 USD, every time you ring steel I will hand you a 100 dollar bill, every time you miss you hand me a 100 dollar bill.

I'm not trying to be an ass but I'm only getting .75 percent on my money at the bank so I'm looking for opportunities to get a little more return.

Try the stock market and or silver/ gold.

Not to be rude but;
CDs are for those without a thought to piss in.

I'm diversified, I do have money in the places you mentioned. I like to keep a few coins in an easily accessible place that allows me the ability to take advantage of opportunities that pop up. Case in point, the proposition I offered in my last post would be a far better bet than the stock market in my humble opinion.

EODway, I can't do this for everyone but I will bring an extra 5000 and make the same deal to you if you would like to bring a rifle and try your luck. If you don't have a rifle you can stand and watch Jwoolf, every time he rings steel I will hand you 100 dollars, every time he misses you hand me 100 dollars until one of us is broke. Are you interested in participating?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EODWay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I contacted Thunderbeast Arms and they said their 338 can would work. </div></div>The long version of AWC's Thundertrap and THOR Ti would probably be good too, as .408 (CheyTac?) is listed.

Can I buy some of that action Augustus? Tell me where to wire funds. Ohh, and video, don't forget video, everyone else should at least get a little chuckle out of the project.

Cory, You should be able to get in on the action. I'm expecting hoards of folks to take me up on my proposition, I probably won't be able to handle all the takers.

My 2 cents worth:
Suggest the Ivey Scope rings with 150 MOA elevation adjustment.
We have a tank turret on the range we use that is at 2400 yards.

50 BMG AMSD Nemesis, 5.5 - 25 x 56 Nightforce, 632 gr M17 Tracer,225gr Lovex with Ginex primers for fun.....working on the AMAX loads.

Youtube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePVFMlUjBpo

Video taken through spotter scope (shot taken at 14 seconds) pure luck!