• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Most Ridiculous Accuracy Claim You have Seen

Re: Most Ridiculous Accuracy Claim You have Seen

Yeah but your full of hot air....so its plausable
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E3C3H3O3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">heard a couple new ones yesterday...
first off a guy at the office said he personally watched a game warden shoot a beaver at 1700 yards with a bone stock savage .243 first shot.

second was a "ex marine" (guy weighs about 400lbs at 35 yrs old) who could shoot dime size groups at any range with either an M16A2 or an M4. where do these people come up with this stuff </div></div>
Could see a beaver at 1700 yards, he must have good eyes too,,,,LOL </div></div>

Maybe it was one of them there "smell" shots.

Guy brought out his barret 99 with a bushnell 3200 on top. Said with French surplus ammo, 555 gr bullet, hit a 8" dirt clod, @ 4300yds on the third shot. Also said he was a "sniper" his furthest confirmed kill, 5 miles away with a 50.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Insert Name Here</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all of the above, all day long, as long as I "do my part" </div></div>

wow i cant stop laughing...

I met some one last week could shoot a 4 inch group @ 1000 yards offhand with his 308. All day long!

I could do that with one hand tied behind my back while hopping up and down on one foot

I have two:
1. Guy shot a doe at one mile with an 8mm Mauser with iron sights..He knew it was a mile because he stepped it off with his brother.

2. I was shooting a 7mm at 600 yards and shot a 5" group in some screaming wind. Not the best group in the world but I was happy with it considering the conditions. Rangemaster said, "That's ok but I have a .308 that will shoot 4" groups at 1000 all day." I told him to go get it and show me....He left.

I was shooting my AIAW 308 rifle, and one of the guys next to me asked what the rifle was. So I mentioned it's an AIAW rifle. He asked me how it shoots. I told him that it's definitely sub MOA, if I do my part. He then told me that he has a stock rifle that he put on a barrel and did most of the works himself. It can shoot 0.25" at 400 yards with iron site. I said good for you.

I had a regular hero tell me once about a hunt, The hunt was going bad with not a deer in sight so our young frustrated hunter was giving up and packing up to go home. When alas a little yellow birdie (this is in east Texas...not sure what little yellow birdie we have) lands on a telephone wire...yes sir not even a damn fence wire, our hero intends to pick of this intruder at 400yards on a telephone wire..So firing one shot out of his trusty iron sight 30-30 marlin he snaps the head right off that bird...Sorry but it really sounded like the same coming from the "hero". Also had a friend whos "uncle" was a nam sniper and took pictures of his confirmed kills through the scope by putting the camera up to the scope and snapping away as the bullet struck because the flight time at 2-3 miles is so long...also he has claymores and landmines all over his suburban yard.....yay for lead poisoning and inbreeding.

Direct quote from Youtube video response: "its pretty simple-these guys over rate it......we break clay pigeons at 1 k&#65279; yards."- Speaking on the difficulty of shooting at 600 yards. Not saying it's impossible... just not exactly "simple".

300 yd ground hog with a singleshot 12 ga from a tree stand open sights to

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Photon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Direct quote from Youtube video response: "its pretty simple-these guys over rate it......we break clay pigeons at 1 k&#65279; yards."- Speaking on the difficulty of shooting at 600 yards. Not saying it's impossible... just not exactly "simple". </div></div>
Actually this one is the least ridiculous I have seen. My wife and I were 1000yd BR competitors back in the late 90's. If you spend enough money on a well built rifle and know what you are doing with advanced loading techniques it can quickly become boring if you know your cartridge and can properly read the wind. Most matches 1MOA was dragging up the rear and .5's and .6's were what was needed to clinch the match. Clay birds were laid out on the berm below the targets for sighters and were broken with boring regularity. When the conditions were tough so was the shooting but that goes without saying.
Very entertaining thread.

At Camp Perry, the AR-15/M16 pattern rifle achieves 10 inch groups at 1000 yards with iron sights.Properly setup, a bench AR with optics can easily beat that.

looking at the leech cup results those shooters are amazing but i dont see any 200-20x

I shot a squirrel through the head (the rest of him was hidden behind a tree) out of the window of my pickup at 25 yards with my sig p250 in .40s&w. I wouldnt believe i did it either if 3 of my buddies werent there to see it.....

Guy that worked for me had a brother, or cousin or uncle or... yea I forgot which one. He said he would set up a axe at 300 yds with 2 targets behind it. Shoot the blade, split the bullet and bullz eye both targets.

Only could to that because he could sharpen the blade to shave with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guy that worked for me had a brother, or cousin or uncle or... yea I forgot which one. He said he would set up a axe at 300 yds with 2 targets behind it. Shoot the blade, split the bullet and bullz eye both targets.

Only could to that because he could sharpen the blade to shave with it. </div></div>

HAHA..

Not an accuracy story but a good one none the less... I had a local duck guide at a bass tournament tell us at the dock after the tournament that he had the tournament won. He said he hooked this huge fish( we live on Guntersville, so that is possible), he got it to the boat and reached down to lip him and he shook loose and swam off. Not to be outdone and lose him, he jumps in after him in about 10 feet of water, swims down and finds him, gets ahold of him but at that point, he said he ran out of air and had to surface and let him go...everyone kinda started walking off and some older gentlemen said " Birdlegs, you a damn liar!" Guy still swears it to this day too...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guy that worked for me had a brother, or cousin or uncle or... yea I forgot which one. He said he would set up a axe at 300 yds with 2 targets behind it. Shoot the blade, split the bullet and bullz eye both targets.

Only could to that because he could sharpen the blade to shave with it. </div></div>

I've seen this done several times at the Friendship Rendezvous in S. Indiana. Can't swear to the range, but it was frontiersmen reenactors shooting ball ammo from muzzleloaders. Would split the ball on the blade of an axe and hit the pie pan positioned on either side.

Shooter21: I killed one last year at 772 yds with it and that fucker did a flip. Purty cool

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ghoghunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">300 yd ground hog with a singleshot 12 ga from a tree stand open sights to </div></div>

wait.. what?

This just in from another site .....

First he posted this ....
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Well, to be honest I do not have the Barska. I put that up there a little prematurely and have now reconsidered that it might not be such a good scope. I am trying really hard to find something for M1A but I really, really do not want to spend a small fortune. I will be using it for hunting and just target shooting."</span></span>

Then this ...
<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">"I also forget to add that I won a $10,000 bet with the M1A. A friend of mine in the army bet me I couldn't hit a half dollar sized target at 1000yds in three shots. At the time he didnt know that I was Sniper qualified. HEHEHE"</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyRod</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This just in from another site .....

First he posted this ....
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Well, to be honest I do not have the Barska. I put that up there a little prematurely and have now reconsidered that it might not be such a good scope. I am trying really hard to find something for M1A but I really, really do not want to spend a small fortune. I will be using it for hunting and just target shooting."</span></span>

Then this ...
<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">"I also forget to add that I won a $10,000 bet with the M1A. A friend of mine in the army bet me I couldn't hit a half dollar sized target at 1000yds in three shots. At the time he didnt know that I was Sniper qualified. HEHEHE"</span></span> </div></div>

Link Please ?

Got that one beat,know a guy that hit a Bottle Cap at Over a Mile,one shot from a 308.There was $14,000 bet on that shot.
laugh.gif

Yea OK

normal_folder_groups_001.jpg

not a shot story but dumb as hell none the less.

this guy proceeded to tell me one time that he had a friend that had modified his truck to have a hydraulic scoop on the front of it similar to a snow plow. and he would drive around at night and hit deer the scoop would scoop the deer up and toss the dead deer in the back of the truck without having to slow down or even stop. he said it saved on ammo and he could not get in trouble for poaching.

and im sure that every town has that guy that go's on about how his gun jammed up so he jumped out of the tree onto the deers back and killed it with a knife. of course thats how he was trained to do it in the military. (or watching rambo)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyRod</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Link Please ? </div></div>

Here you go. I had to call him out. Naturally, someone else got a hold of his computer and he has now edited his signatures and posts.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/optics-glass/159814-need-help-scope-purchase-ar.html </div></div>

Whats funny is he now claims he let someone use his computer and they must have typed all that. Now THATS funny. He got caught lying and cant get out of it but digress and lie more. He is certainly no Ranger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats funny is he now claims he let someone use his computer and they must have typed all that. Now THATS funny. He got caught lying and cant get out of it but digress and lie more. He is certainly no Ranger. </div></div>

Too bad I didn't copy the post with the bet. I'm sure all Rangers add "Hee Hee" to the end of their posts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My favorite thing to do on the tall tales is to look 'em in the eye and say very calmly "no you didn't". Proper execution of that is to turn and walk away, and strike up a conversation with the nearest person to you, it discourages argument.

Branden </div></div>

I had another one this summer. It was by no means anywhere near as good as the 5 mile kills w/ c4 ammo, but anyway.
New guy at work, maybe 20 y/o, thinks he knows everything. We were driving to a work site while keeping an eye out for prairie dogs, so of course conversation turns to rifles. He tells me he has a 7mm mag which he regularly shoots "groups like this at 600 yds". "This" being a circle formed by the first finger and thumb.

I just looked over at him and said, no you don't. He didn't argue, but went about telling me how he was dying to get a huskemaw.

Not a shot story but I went to school with a guy that was roofing a house and a 8 point walked close enough to the edge of the roof that he believed that he could jump on it's back and he could kill it with a claw hammer. Needless to say that the buck is still free and he spent a couple of weeks in ICU from puncture wounds to his face, neck and back. The deer tossed his head back when Johnny landed and carried him about two or three hundred yards before rakeing him off with a tree.
Scouts Honor
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bondoscustomz1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a shot story but I went to school with a guy that was roofing a house and a 8 point walked close enough to the edge of the roof that he believed that he could jump on it's back and he could kill it with a claw hammer. Needless to say that the buck is still free and he spent a couple of weeks in ICU from puncture wounds to his face, neck and back. The deer tossed his head back when Johnny landed and carried him about two or three hundred yards before rakeing him off with a tree.
Scouts Honor
wink.gif
</div></div>

The sad part is I completely believe you're story. Some people's children...
frown.gif

I said it was a shooter,Guess your happy and I can spend the money now
grin.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadeye351</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea OK

normal_folder_groups_001.jpg
</div></div>

Just this evening, here on the hide:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> my Tac Ops built on a Savage 110 action <span style="font-weight: bold">shoots 1/10 MOA easy, and when I do my part, I get it closer to 1/16th,</span> Ive even got a 1/18th MOA group with it. </div></div>

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...219#Post2111219

This was from a KTM motorcycles forum I like to read.

"A T/C encore will shoot 1 hole groups with a 5.56 /.223 barrel at 100yds and probably 1/2" groups at 600 with a 26" Stainless Heavy Barrel in .223 Rem."

Not a rifle story but here goes. The claim was 35 doves with 27 shells. For anyone who has ever dove hunted this should be halarious!

"Not a rifle story but here goes. The claim was 35 doves with 27 shells. For anyone who has ever dove hunted this should be halarious! "

for dove hunting, yes, that's funny.
for dove 'shooting', maybe, if they are close enough to each other on the wire. hahaha

i had a guy tell me he killed a few crows @ 700yds with a open sighted pump remington (i think 7mm) once it is possible on dumb luck. also let it be know this guy shoots about 20rds per year

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bondoscustomz1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a shot story but I went to school with a guy that was roofing a house and a 8 point walked close enough to the edge of the roof that he believed that he could jump on it's back and he could kill it with a claw hammer. Needless to say that the buck is still free and he spent a couple of weeks in ICU from puncture wounds to his face, neck and back. The deer tossed his head back when Johnny landed and carried him about two or three hundred yards before rakeing him off with a tree.
Scouts Honor
wink.gif
</div></div>

5 years in an ER and damn, after laughing with tears streaming out of my eyes I'd still believe that one.

Flyingbullseye

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just this evening, here on the hide:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> my Tac Ops built on a Savage 110 action <span style="font-weight: bold">shoots 1/10 MOA easy, and when I do my part, I get it closer to 1/16th,</span> Ive even got a 1/18th MOA group with it. </div></div>

</div></div>

That is funny. Apparently he can shoot better then the guy who made the rifle..... BS!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The most accurate GAP ever. Link

I wish I could shoot this well.</div></div>
Savage, perhaps you missed the part where he says he was "holding off". When done by a properly trained SNIPER, it is a technique that can yield some crazy accuracy
grin.gif

18 year old college freshman at MSU my first year here in the dorms - 1" high at 500 yards, was hitting dead on at 1k yards, with his 17hmr... His reasoning was, the fact that his 17hmr was a "hypervelocity" round meant it was faster than the speed of light (i am not joking about this; I really wish I was...)

No matter how much I called him on it, he stuck to his lie, oh and all his shots were touching as well...

some 40yr old creeper in my english class that same year - shot his elk the year before at 3/4 of a mile with a 300 wby, Weatherby Vangaurd, Tasco 3x9 and factory ammo of an unknown weight, had no idea of the actual drop, he aimed at the top of its back tho, and it hit it dead center of the shoulder, i gave up because this guy is one of the ones who knows everything about everything...

So many more that I had to listen to when i worked at the local gun store back home, I kinda wish I would have written them all down, that could be quite the book, although some of the ones in this thread are way better than most of the ones i have heard personally

This thread has made the last 24 hours of my college experience improve drastically.

At our collegiate rifle team range, we get quite a few interesting tales. One of them came from the lousiest shooter to ever pay for a year-long membership to our range. Upon opening of the range, he began talking the talk of the regular first-timer, and it eventually led to this, after hearing about how me and a few other buddies shoot .22 shells at 50 yards when we get bored...

"Yeah, that takes some skill, but that's nothing. I regularly shoot tic tacs at 200 yards"
"Bench"
"No, that's for sissies. I can do it standing, usually about 9 out of 10 shots."

He then proceeded to unpack his Rem 597, and shoot a 1" group at 50 feet. He, of course, blamed it on the scope and poor lighting. Our range officer walked into the back room and returned with a Burger King crown and a sharpie. He wrote "ASSHAT" on the crown, walked over to the poor soul, and said "If you want to keep shooting here, you're going to have to wear this."

I couldn't shoot for the next 10 minutes I laughed so hard.

He also thought that the backstop of our 25-yard indoor range was "close to 75 or 100 yards I'd say". I'd have laughed, if there wasn't a big sign on the light bar at the end of the stop said "TWENTY FIVE YARDS HERE".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The most accurate GAP ever. Link

I wish I could shoot this well.</div></div>
Savage, perhaps you missed the part where he says he was "holding off". When done by a properly trained SNIPER, it is a technique that can yield some crazy accuracy
grin.gif
. </div></div>

He was hitting small roofing nails at 500 yards! BAHAHAHA BULLSHIT!

KYS, hopefully the "smiley" conveyed my sarcasm.

trob i was speechless when he told me about his 300yd shot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just this evening, here on the hide:

</div></div>

This was Epic.

I have personally witnessed an older gentleman do this bullet split trick with a muzzleloader, round ball, double bit axe at around 25 yards. It is very impressive at that distance. Unbelievable at 300 yards.

this thread is fucking hilarious definetly going to add to watched topics. it will always brighten my day to hear some of this horseshit.