• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Most Shooter-friendly States?

rg1911

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2012
Laramie, Wyoming
Apologies if this is not the correct forum.

It looks like Colorado is starting down the road to become the People's Republic of Colorado, with an estimated 20 anti-firearms bills being prepared.

Since the state house, senate and governor are all Democrats, I assume these bills will pass.

Therefore, we're thinking it would be a good idea to look for friendlier locations to which to move.

My manager is contemplating Nebraska. Are there any other recommendations? It would need to be a state that permitted full-auto, SBRs and suppressors. A number of shooting events, rifle and pistol, would be a real bonus.

Thank you,
Richard

Re: Most Shooter-friendly States?

Wyoming is looking awfully tempting, so is Alaska. We have it pretty good here by the Red River so I can't complain.

Texas, our Rick Perry is a class 3 owner, and chl, he even shot a coyote on a morning jog in the city limits of Austin...I don't see anyone with gun rights in Texas

Kentucky is amongst the states that are most "shooter friendly".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RG1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apologies if this is not the correct forum.

It looks like Colorado is starting down the road to become the People's Republic of Colorado, with an estimated 20 anti-firearms bills being prepared.

Since the state house, senate and governor are all Democrats, I assume these bills will pass.

Therefore, we're thinking it would be a good idea to look for friendlier locations to which to move.

My manager is contemplating Nebraska. Are there any other recommendations? It would need to be a state that permitted full-auto, SBRs and suppressors. A number of shooting events, rifle and pistol, would be a real bonus.

Thank you,
Richard
</div></div>

Did you see the RMGO email? The shit that's being proposed here in CO is WAY worse than the stuff we're seeing on the national level. This state is really looking like a good place to be from and like you I've really started looking at a new place to call home.

Arizona is firearms friendly!

No permit required for concealed carry, you can still get a permit which does have some benefits.

Legal to own NFA items.

Governor Jan Brewer is Pro 2A.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RG1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apologies if this is not the correct forum.

Thank you,
Richard
</div></div>

Did you see the RMGO email? The shit that's being proposed here in CO is WAY worse than the stuff we're seeing on the national level. This state is really looking like a good place to be from and like you I've really started looking at a new place to call home. </div></div>

I saw the RMGO owners email. Sucks. Hopefully they will defeat some of it, but not looking good in my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Time 23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I saw the RMGO owners email. Sucks. Hopefully they will defeat some of it, but not looking good in my opinion. </div></div>

I doubt that a full on ban of any and all guns like they want would happen but the other couple of things listed in that RMGO email could easily pass. Either way, it's time to start looking for a new state. I'm thinking of moving back to TX, and have been for a while now but this could easily be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Alaska......if you can put up with the Winters !!

Same day cash and carry handguns or long guns.No permit/License to carry open or concealed.NFA friendly and CLEO must sign if you are otherwise qualified.Very inexpensive hunting and fishing if you're a resident.Can hunt with anything except full-auto's.No "Hunter Orange" requirement........

I have been in CO most of my life, but now that I am almost done with school its looking like time to move on. Dudley's (RMGO) email did not paint a pretty picture. The part about classifying all firearms as deadly weapons and making possession a felony is harrowing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timesublime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been in CO most of my life, but now that I am almost done with school its looking like time to move on. Dudley's (RMGO) email did not paint a pretty picture. The part about classifying all firearms as deadly weapons and making possession a felony is harrowing. </div></div>

I don't see how it would sync with the 2nd but being that the constitution is just a speed-bump anymore, I wouldn't put it passed them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timesublime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been in CO most of my life, but now that I am almost done with school its looking like time to move on. Dudley's (RMGO) email did not paint a pretty picture. The part about classifying all firearms as deadly weapons and making possession a felony is harrowing. </div></div>

I don't see how it would sync with the 2nd but being that the constitution is just a speed-bump anymore, I wouldn't put it passed them. </div></div>

Clearly, but the feral mindset that attempts this type of attempted rights heist is what is bothersome.

Mississippi has no restrictions that i'm aware of on class 3/NFA, CC, or open carry IIRC. Not sure it would be the ideal place to live as MS honestly isn't the best or most clean state and has very little in it other than agriculture. That being said the Delta is and will always be home and i enjoy it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">California is the most Shooter friendly state with all it's GUN FREE ZONES</div></div> So true...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">California is the most Shooter friendly state with all it's GUN FREE ZONES </div></div>

LOL no doubt!!!

Damn, I can't move. Just joined RMGO...hadn't heard of it before seeing this post. I wonder, if they consider anything (even bolt-guns) with a pistol grip an "assault" weapon, how hard will it be for me to get my gun back from the gunsmith who's currently building it?

dont need to look any further than your next door neighbor, we like our guns! And we make alot of them right here aswell.

dont need to look any further than your next door neighbor, we like our guns! And we make alot of them right here aswell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Burglecutt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dont need to look any further than your next door neighbor, we like our guns! And we make alot of them right here aswell.
</div></div>

Utah, while a beautiful state indeed, is off the list due to the state sponsored prohibition. Not trading one freedom for another.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, I can't move. Just joined RMGO...hadn't heard of it before seeing this post. I wonder, if they consider anything (even bolt-guns) with a pistol grip an "assault" weapon, how hard will it be for me to get my gun back from the gunsmith who's currently building it? </div></div>

RMGO has got to be the single most aggressive gun rights group in the nation and has done a ton of good for this state.

As to your gun, if they make them illegal like the bill says and the gun is still at your FFL, you'll never see it again which doesn't matter because it'll be flat out illegal to own anyway.

You can add Nevada to the list. CCW is a shall issue, open carry in 99% of the state. CCW has got way better than it was, much less restrictive. Plus, there is no shortage of places to shoot. Its just embarassing that Dirty Harry Reid is from here.

You can add Nevada to the list. CCW is a shall issue, open carry in 99% of the state. CCW has got way better than it was, much less restrictive. Plus, there is no shortage of places to shoot. Its just embarassing that Dirty Harry Reid is from here.

for an eastern state pennsylvania not bad if you discount the eastern block of counties that want to be new jersey. shall issue, nfa ok, open carry. i had to stop on pa. turnpike on way back from camp perry to re-arrange stuff in back of svu. gun cases stacked up on ground. state trooper running radar was about 200 feet away (i didn't notice him when i stopped) and he didn't even come over. firearm friendly outside pittsburgh and philadelphia.

I hear Wyoming is great, just stay the hell away from CT, I can't wait to get out of here

Rural NC is good. Strong gun culture. No problem getting NFA items. Republican governor and a Republican super majority in the state house. Looks promising with some legislation like restaurant carry on docket. We just got hunting pigs and coyotes with lights/NV. Definitely room for improvement like suppressor hunting but a gun in the window rack or on the hip is surely not uncommon here. We are a shall carry and open carry state. If you dump some cities like Cary/Raleigh, Charlotte, Asheville and Chapel Hill the landscape is country and conservative. Plenty of pistol, rifle and shotgun competitions and many high schools have strong FFA/Hunter Safety shooting team involvement.

Georgia .Nfa friendly ,no mag restrictions,no registation on private party sales.What else can you ask for .But make sure your air conditioner works in your truck .

Iowa isn't too bad. Shall issue CCW. Lacks rifle ranges and no rifle deer season. But No waitng periods etc. I don't know how long though were awful close to IL stupid is contagious.

Iowa isn't too bad. Shall issue CCW. Lacks rifle ranges and no rifle deer season. But No waitng periods etc. I don't know how long though were awful close to IL stupid is contagious.

I have to disagree with you on Iowa! I went there this fall to deer hunt on land I owned and couldn't believe the non resident land owner BS...

I went to grad school in Iowa in the late eighties went to buy a hand gun and had to buy a handgun permit, Local law enforcement told me they didn't see any need for me to have a hand gun and denied me...t Maybe things have changed.. But the hunting regs still says unloaded secured for transport.

Kentucky is the most gun friendly state. No background check if you have a CDWL. Places like Knob Creek, Rockcastle... We get to hunt with center fire unlike IL, IN, IA... If you have a CDWL you are allowed to carry your NFA stuff. When I go turkey hunting throw my loaded 12 gauge in passenger seat and don't have to worry about anything...

Loving it in TN! We do not have the BML and its long range possibilities of the western states, but the laws are not so restrictive with concealed carry issuance and plenty of FFLs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdh4376</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Georgia .Nfa friendly ,no mag restrictions,no registation on private party sales.What else can you ask for .But make sure your air conditioner works in your truck . </div></div>

Just as long as you don't have to be in Atlanta or Macon. If I heard Sherman was headed to Atlanta again I'd help him!
laugh.gif

+1 for TN. I think a federal ban on any gun would fall on deaf ears around here anyway. I don't see our sheriff or police chief taking anyones guns away even if they did make them illegal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TV66</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdh4376</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Georgia .Nfa friendly ,no mag restrictions,no registation on private party sales.What else can you ask for .But make sure your air conditioner works in your truck . </div></div>

Just as long as you don't have to be in Atlanta or Macon. If I heard Sherman was headed to Atlanta again I'd help him!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

And know this. When you do move here from somewhere other than the south, some things still have no place in a joke. This is one of them^^^^^. What Sherman did is still no joking matter.

I'm optimistic about Bama with any looming federal rugulations. Our Governor rejected Obamacare and this past summer we became only state to ban U.N. Agenda 21...