• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Most Shooter-friendly States?

Re: Most Shooter-friendly States?

pa - suppressor legal hunting - no restrictions unless you go near major cesspools .....i mean cities

open carry legal - LTCF easy to get - actually has laws that are better than texas in some situations - ex: we do NOT have to notifie a LEO upon a traffic stop that we are armed or present our LTCF

only thing that could be considered bad is that we can not hunt with a semi-auto rife (but can with a semishotgun) -- which i agree with anyway - the 2A does not pertain to hunting rights as we try to get across so often

NFA items friendly

4+ state shooting ranges near where i live - then other private ones on top of that

same day pistols if you pass the NICS check

a week rarely goes by that i do not hear neighbors shooting in the distance
smile.gif

when my buddy and i go shooting on his property after the first hour we hear everyone else around us shooting cause they heard us having fun - its a great thing really
smile.gif

if you wanted to read more about it - here is a GREAT source

http://www.pafoa.org/

http://forum.pafoa.org/

oh and hunting is such a big deal around here you can take off from high school the first 2 days of deer season no questions asked and the 300 employee company i work for completely shuts down for first 2 days of buck :p

oh and we have castle doct here - THANK GOD!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TV66</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdh4376</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Georgia .Nfa friendly ,no mag restrictions,no registation on private party sales.What else can you ask for .But make sure your air conditioner works in your truck . </div></div>

Just as long as you don't have to be in Atlanta or Macon. If I heard Sherman was headed to Atlanta again I'd help him!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

And know this. When you do move here from somewhere other than the south, some things still have no place in a joke. This is one of them^^^^^. What Sherman did is still no joking matter. </div></div>You have never been to Atlanta have you ?

Yes I have been to Atlanta. Do I need to explain to you that without Sherman, Atlanta would not be what it is today?

Alabama has always been a favorite of mine. I can get my retirement check sent there as well as it can be sent in Iowa. mmm wonder if the wife would leave the grandkids and move.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TV66</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdh4376</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Georgia .Nfa friendly ,no mag restrictions,no registation on private party sales.What else can you ask for .But make sure your air conditioner works in your truck . </div></div>

Just as long as you don't have to be in Atlanta or Macon. If I heard Sherman was headed to Atlanta again I'd help him!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

And know this. When you do move here from somewhere other than the south, some things still have no place in a joke. This is one of them^^^^^. What Sherman did is still no joking matter. </div></div>

Didn't "move" here brother, born and bred, but time moves on and Atlanta ain't what it used to be. Laugh sometimes
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovetsx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to disagree with you on Iowa! I went there this fall to deer hunt on land I owned and couldn't believe the non resident land owner BS...

I went to grad school in Iowa in the late eighties went to buy a hand gun and had to buy a handgun permit, Local law enforcement told me they didn't see any need for me to have a hand gun and denied me...t Maybe things have changed.. But the hunting regs still says unloaded secured for transport.

Kentucky is the most gun friendly state. No background check if you have a CDWL. Places like Knob Creek, Rockcastle... We get to hunt with center fire unlike IL, IN, IA... If you have a CDWL you are allowed to carry your NFA stuff. When I go turkey hunting throw my loaded 12 gauge in passenger seat and don't have to worry about anything...

</div></div>

Also no full auto, SBR or cans.

I was talking about a move with the wife last night as Jersey & Chris Christie are not gun friendly in the least. Our only problem is that the wife has VERY bad circulation problems even tho she is only 55. Her fingers & toes turn purple about October or if it gets below 60 degrees. That leaves Florida.

I say put me out on a rock and turn me over every half hour so I stay warm.

When we were first married I worked at Sports Authority part time. One Summer Saturday I was out in the parking lot flat out cold on the black top napping during my lunch break. A customer came in, told the manager, there is someone dead in the parking lot, better call the police. The manager said, oh, no, that is just Maxwell getting warmed up.

I'm just hoping that Florida does not become over run with North East liberals from New york & Jersey by the time I get there.

Louisiana!

Politicians here know that if they even thought about being anti 2nd Amendment....their azzes would be down the schitter!!

Don't get me wrong. Texas is great. But it is one of the few states where open carry is illegal. There are metal detectors to get into the capital than you don't have to go through if you have your concealed carry license.

But you still have to get a license.

In the following states, suppressors are legal and open carry AND concealed carry are legally allowed without a license:
Arizona
Wyoming
Alaska

Surprisingly, concealed carry and open carry are legal without a license in Vermont, however, suppressors are not legal in Vermont.

If anyone can correct me, please do. I don't know the status of other NFA items in those states... someone else might have a different list.

January 20, 2013
Texas Attorney General to New Yorkers: Come on Down, With Guns
By MANNY FERNANDEZ

AUSTIN, Tex. — Attention New Yorkers: Texas wants you. And your guns.

Last week, the day after Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York approved a broad package of gun-control measures that made New York’s tough gun laws even tougher, the Texas attorney general, Greg Abbott, began running Internet advertisements in Manhattan and Albany asking New York gun owners to consider moving to Texas.

The two ads — displayed on news sites and aimed at Web users with Manhattan and Albany ZIP codes — promote the state’s low taxes and gun culture, with one asking, “Is Gov. Cuomo looking to take your guns?” The other reads, “Wanted: Law abiding New York gun owners looking for lower taxes and greater opportunity.”

When clicked on, the ads lead users to a Facebook page where a letter from Mr. Abbott, the state’s chief law enforcement official, promotes Texas’s strong economy and lack of an income tax, allowing transplanted gun owners “to keep more of what you earn and use some of that extra money to buy more ammo.”

The ads are a rare burst of political theater from Mr. Abbott, a former State Supreme Court justice who has built a reputation as a gentlemanly yet fiercely conservative litigator eager to challenge the Obama administration, and who, in a speech last year, described his job this way: “I go to the office. I sue the federal government. And then I go home.”

Mr. Abbott has been laying the groundwork and raising millions of dollars for a possible run for governor in 2014, regardless of whether Gov. Rick Perry, his ally and fellow Republican, decides to seek re-election.

Mr. Abbott’s ads were paid for not by the attorney general’s office but by his political campaign, Texans for Greg Abbott. A campaign spokesman, Eric Bearse, said the ads began running on Wednesday and were “interest targeted” to those in Manhattan and Albany who visited several news sites, including The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times.

Mr. Bearse said the ads were created in response to New York’s new gun-control laws as well as the executive actions that President Obama announced the same day to curb gun violence. He declined to say how much they had cost Mr. Abbott, whose campaign account has grown to $18 million.

“It’s a somewhat unconventional method to weigh in on a very serious issue,” Mr. Bearse said. “It makes the point that Texans value freedom, and specifically their freedom to protect themselves. Our state has experienced the largest population growth in the country from places like California and New York because our culture does value freedom.”

The ads illustrate the extent to which the debate over guns and gun violence since the mass shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., has played out differently in Texas than it has in other parts of the country.

In Texas, guns and the right to carry them continue to be closely linked to the state’s self-image. Those licensed to carry a concealed weapon can do so in restaurants, shopping malls and even the Capitol building here in Austin.

Responding to Mr. Obama’s gun proposals, Mr. Perry said in a statement that he was disgusted to see the political left and the news media use the school shooting to advance a pre-existing agenda, and he suggested that prayers rather than laws were in order.

A day after the president unveiled his proposals, a different sort of gun debate unfolded here, after a Republican state senator from Granbury, Brian Birdwell, filed a bill to allow those with a concealed handgun license to carry their firearms on college campuses.

Mr. Abbott posted his ads on his Facebook page, creating an impromptu cross-state forum and occasional shouting match between New Yorkers and Texans on both sides of the issue. A woman from Jarrell, Tex., called the ads “another embarrassing example” of politicians in the state. Another woman in Texas complained of Yankees and their liberal attitudes, adding, “Stay up North we don’t want you in Texas.”

And one Republican New Yorker wrote that she was sick of Mr. Cuomo, ready to move to Texas and would greatly appreciate “any info, regarding employment, schools, and city to live in.”

New Yorkers moving to Texas might find that the two places have more in common than they expect: each is as much a state of mind as it is an actual state. The century had barely gotten started when Mr. Perry declared in his inaugural address in 2011 that historians would look back and call it “the Texas century.” New Yorkers are as New York-centric as Texans are Texas-centric.

And there is at least one place where newly arrived New Yorkers might feel strangely at home: New York, Tex., an unincorporated community amid the green acres of East Texas, about 1,500 miles from Times Square. It is made up of a handful of houses, a cemetery, a church and Reynolds New York Store.

Carolyn Reynolds, who runs the feed and fertilizer store, paused when asked for the population. She started counting under her breath. “Right now, I’d consider it 11,” she replied.

Still, Mr. Abbott said in a statement, because of the state’s low taxes and gun laws, “our New York is better than their New York.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/21/us/tex...r-guns.html?hpw

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maxwell</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That leaves Florida.

<span style="font-size: 17pt">I'm just hoping that Florida does not become over run with North East liberals from New york & Jersey by the time I get there.</span> </div></div>

It has become a problem here. Much as New Hampshire has become swamped with outsiders who have changed the state's politics more and more, the same thing is happening here...

And we don't like it!

The longer I'm here, the more I'm willing to add New Mexico to the list. No license to OC, lots of public land and lots of good LR people to hang out with.

here in wyoming we can conceal carry and open carry almost anywhere

basically as long as you're not a convicted felon you're good to go

SD is pretty good place to live and it is -5 right now so it cuts down on the rif raf

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maxwell</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That leaves Florida.

<span style="font-size: 17pt">I'm just hoping that Florida does not become over run with North East liberals from New york & Jersey by the time I get there.</span> </div></div>

It has become a problem here. Much as <span style="font-weight: bold">New Hampshire has become swamped with outsiders who have changed the state's politics more and more</span>, the same thing is happening here...

And we don't like it! </div></div>
Isn't that the home of the free staters?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Maxwell said:
That leaves Florida.

It has become a problem here. Much as New Hampshire has become swamped with outsiders who have changed the state's politics more and more, the same thing is happening here...

I promise that if we can relocate to Fla. that I will not pollute or dilute the pro gun environment. As I have stated in many gun threads I want a place to live, be warm, two car garage with room for my truck and a few bikes (Harley & Ducati), of course a full size pool table. Ok, a small back yard for a ham radio antenna.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maxwell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was talking about a move with the wife last night as Jersey & Chris Christie are not gun friendly in the least. Our only problem is that the wife has VERY bad circulation problems even tho she is only 55. Her fingers & toes turn purple about October or if it gets below 60 degrees. That leaves Florida.

I say put me out on a rock and turn me over every half hour so I stay warm.

When we were first married I worked at Sports Authority part time. One Summer Saturday I was out in the parking lot flat out cold on the black top napping during my lunch break. A customer came in, told the manager, there is someone dead in the parking lot, better call the police. The manager said, oh, no, that is just Maxwell getting warmed up.

I'm just hoping that Florida does not become over run with North East liberals from New york & Jersey by the time I get there.</div></div> What!!!! Become overrun its been overrun for many years .Florida is not a southern state .It is a state in the south

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maxwell</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That leaves Florida.

It has become a problem here. Much as <span style="font-weight: bold">New Hampshire has become swamped with outsiders who have changed the state's politics more and more</span>, the same thing is happening here...

Isn't that the home of the free staters? </div></div>

Kusa,

That whole free state business makes me chortle! Seems like the only thing most of the people who talk about the free state business want is no taxes and plenty of weed!

And for other people to do the heavy lifting of "Standing up to oppression" as well. New Hampshire used to be a solidly conservative state, it is not so any longer. This is what happens when parasites from other states move there to avoid having to pay the taxes for all the free shit they demand.

I'm from New Hampshire. I've lived in Florida since 1977. I never believed we did anything better in NH than is done here in Florida and am proud that my children are Floridians. I love the state as it was and resent the changes the know-it-all's demand. It is not too hot here!

I sympathize with Texans, Georgians, Carolinians, Alabamans and others who are enduring the cultural fuckage of outsiders who fled their debts while piling more onto those of their new neighbors.

Alaska has to be up at the top. Firearms are a way of life up here. We have them not only because we like to own/shoot/hunt with them but for protection. We have the two legged predators like everyone else but we also have the four legged ones (bears) to watch out for. I never go on a wal/ hike without a firearm. That includes walks behind my house.