• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

I hear bic lighters in the pocket are no fun either.
All it takes it one good piece of slag between the toes and I’ll assure you, you won’t do it again. Unless you’re a dumbass, then, there’s no help for you ?

Did you ever notice how that piece of hot slag would always find it's way inside your boots? I worked for a Conservation dept. on Long Island, most of my work was on rusted old scows and steel hulled tugs. The real fun starts when you try to cut that shit with an oxy torch. They issued us winter coveralls that were cotton with a nylon lining. Those things were spark magnets and they would go up right quick.
Yea, kept the water can very close.

Reactions: FS1 and Barneybdb
EB28669E-FDCF-4DC0-9D61-F5CE9D7FC67B.jpeg

Oh dang that got me.
Just finished posting about a great Marine’s funeral and then I see that.

I have told this story a million times and never pass the chance.

My little girl had just turned 3 when my friend died in a helicopter crash.
She asked me about the new ribbon on my old ball hat and I told her.
She said “Im really sad he cant fly the helicopter anymore and I am so happy he is in Heaven”.
That pic reminds me of her.

She has been obsessed with flying that helicopter since. She wants to do the mil first to shoot bad guys, then flights to save people, just like Pat.

My house sure is dusty this evening....

Did you ever notice how that piece of hot slag would always find it's way inside your boots? I worked for a Conservation dept. on Long Island, most of my work was on rusted old scows and steel hulled tugs. The real fun starts when you try to cut that shit with an oxy torch. They issued us winter coveralls that were cotton with a nylon lining. Those things were spark magnets and they would go up right quick.
Yea, kept the water can very close.
And no matter fast you take off your boot your still effed. By the time you feel it it's too late. :) I made the silly mistake of cutting 3" plate with sneakers on. When I went for the high speed shoe removal, it was easy because the shoe laces were burnt mostly away.

Had a friend who wanted to try out my tig set up. He was wearing shorts and a t shirt. I told him bad idea, he did not listen. He did maybe thirty seconds of welding. The flash burn on his legs and arms were like a he spent a day at the beach. He listened better after that.

had the same thing happen.

brother in law and i made a quick blind out of 2x4 and plywood one friday night for ducks on sunday.

somebody unsrewed the whole thing and stacked it up nicely on the beach where we set it up

the beach was not private but was in front of his grandfathers beach house they owned for 30 years

nice area big property, no one should have even seen it

needless to say, after we see the blind down and not many ducks coming in close enough

we grab the clay birds out of the shed and blast away at about 7:30AM

wake up bitches

And no matter fast you take off your boot your still effed. By the time you feel it it's too late. :) I made the silly mistake of cutting 3" plate with sneakers on. When I went for the high speed shoe removal, it was easy because the shoe laces were burnt mostly away.

Had a friend who wanted to try out my tig set up. He was wearing shorts and a t shirt. I told him bad idea, he did not listen. He did maybe thirty seconds of welding. The flash burn on his legs and arms were like a he spent a day at the beach. He listened better after that.

Out of high school, I worked in a large casting foundry where I would remove the castings from the molds and put them on what is called a shakeout machine. This cleared the casting sand by vibrating the casting. However some times the sand would not separate and I had to get on the machine and use a maul to remove the sand. Understand, this is while the machine is still vibrating. Hot casting sand would find it's way inside your gloves and boots. It would start to burn immediately. The gloves weren't too bad, because you could remove your glove. But the boots were a different story. You had to make your way off of the machine, untie you boot, before the burning would stop. Some times that would mean the you would have a hole in your leg or ankle. sometime a 1/4" deep. It was the worst job any human being could ever have. I watched as a co worker lost the 4 fingertips on his right hand because he did something stupid, but was required for the job.

ill get flagged (being a american) but the spit was always my favorite...you can keep the p-51

gorgeous...and was there when it was needed...not when we were winning
I was able to fly in a Mustang back in the seventies after being involved in the restoration, very impressive. Did work on a couple of Spitfires but no flights.

Reactions: Garvey and brianf