• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1610700274623.png

im going to be charatable.....and at least offer a suggestion of wtf might be going on....

i could potentially see them having to remove the optics for transport/ storage.....and they clip it to the rail so optics stay with the rifle

most optics retain zero....so once they deploy, they just mount them properly....

thats my educated guess.

Or Spec Timmy snores or bogarted the good stuff out of the MREs and his squad buddies decided to make him famous when the CNN crew was going to show up.

you might want to look up the definition of tarmac. Because, that isn't tarmac.
Very overused/misunderstood word.
Just FYI, not the grammar police

View attachment 7528482
Sure looks like tarmac to me

Tar·mac
/ˈtärˌmak/

noun
trademark in UK
noun: tarmac
  1. material used for surfacing roads or other outdoor areas, consisting of crushed rock mixed with tar.
    "the tarmac path"

That's odd. Even all the time I spent on the flightline at Mildenhall and Lakenheath or even Stetford airport, the larger area was still called "tarmac"

Right? Guess we can just call it carpet I guess.
View attachment 7528531

That there is called a RAMP... Its made of asphalt...

Let me straighten the rest of you gay boys out who are arguing over airport definitions.

On an airport we got RAMPS... Thats where you park airplanes typically... the guys that park/load and unload airplanes arent called "tarmackers" they are called "rampers"....

We got TAXIWAYS... and we got RUNWAYS...

They are all made out of concrete OR asphalt these days.

As @Belt fed correctly points out TARMAC is a specific type of product GENERALLY not used since I believe WW2...but term seems to endear. Tarmac is a lot like chip seal...or out in the country they will spread gravel and then spray oily tar on it...

Of all the things to get super grammar particular, why does it always have to be about airports?

Reactions: Dirty D
Huh??? Wut???

I mean... I've been....... like....... STUPID drunk before..... Like...... REALLY. FUCKING. STUPID. DRUNK...... But I don't think I've ever reached a state of inebriation needed for something like this to happen...

1E2E67A5-B47F-4220-8D14-719016CE41C6-1779001.jpg
That is the proper mounting technique for shooters with cranial/rectal inversion.

That is actually very reasonable. Packing crates have limited space and the rifle with the optic placed on top may take up more space than the container allows. I've shipped open-top Colt style revolvers that I had worked on back to clients partially disassembled before, due to me having only tiny shipping cartons on hand. Too small for the revolver to go in fully, but once the barrel taken off the arbor, both parts can be snugly wrapped and nestled in without much hassle with room for filler material... I can see that happening there too...
since Kent State, live ammo was only carried by squad leaders, I wonder what the sop will be for this event?

That there is called a RAMP... Its made of asphalt...

Let me straighten the rest of you gay boys out who are arguing over airport definitions.

On an airport we got RAMPS... Thats where you park airplanes typically... the guys that park/load and unload airplanes arent called "tarmackers" they are called "rampers"....

We got TAXIWAYS... and we got RUNWAYS...

They are all made out of concrete OR asphalt these days.

As @Belt fed correctly points out TARMAC is a specific type of product GENERALLY not used since I believe WW2...but term seems to endear. Tarmac is a lot like chip seal...or out in the country they will spread gravel and then spray oily tar on it...
That clears up Tarmac! Thank you all for your input and insight.
-But, what is flight line???

We were always looking for that and squelch grease😂😂😂

There's a story where the wise teacher asks the class "If you call the tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have?" The class answered "FIVE!"

The teacher responded "Four. Calling the tail a leg does not make it a leg."

Thus also to clips and magazines. End of lesson....

...and here comes Remington off the top rope about you fuck your whole life up...
wm_6102586.jpg

Hi,

The irony of someone being all Grammar Correct yet not understanding the definition they are using to apply their knowledge is the civil engineering definition, yet the aeronautical definition is exactly what they guys are referring to...
View attachment 7528587

Sincerely,
Theis
Ah, the aeronautic definition, yet not even one pilot I know uses that term to describe a runway. Or a taxiway, or ramp. And I'm a pilot. So I know more than a few.
I'd suggest it's a term used by the media, and by non-aviation people. You know, all the experts.