• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Your theory is flawed. I spend every cold day of my life tending to the welfare of my livestock. In fact I spent 18 months of my life riding pens in a feedyard while waiting on my wife to finish her degree. I know how to dress warm. For me it isn't so much the cold as it is the layers of clothes. Mind you I am 2 percent body fat naturally. Skinny guys get colder than fat guys. I hate the cold because of the clothes I have to wear. Also oil and grease are nearly un cooperative. In fact mechanicing is a bitch. I often wonder if I should have just managed a tiki bar on a tropical island. I have always hunted, but prefer to just go out target shooting on a pretty day. Since I am fortunate to live in the outdoors all the time, I don't need to go hunting like urban people do. I get it......it's their only escape. But......as I get older, I dislike the cold more and more.
Not that it matters but if you were 2% body fat “naturally” you’d be dead a long time ago.

the brain and organs need more than that to function if not they shut down.

the little pinchers aren’t accurate and neither are scales that put a current through you.

for a proper measurement you need to be physically measured, weighed and put in a bath of water.

Not that it matters but if you were 2% body fat “naturally” you’d be dead a long time ago.

the little pinchers aren’t accurate and neither are scales that put a current through you.

for a proper measurement you need to be physically measured, weighed and put in a bath of water.
Agreed! We are going to need you to be more accurate with the details of your stories. Did you ride for 18 months straight? Like a Mongolian or whichever ancient horse people were rumored to never dismount for days at a time? Also when you say skinny guys get colder, does that mean internal body temp, like core temp? Or is that just an opinion? We need to know the fucking facts.
Not that it matters, but I am using a form of passive aggressive sarcasm to occupy my time "naturally".

Oh, and by the way, I weighed your mom in a water bath. To be fair, I got her wet before she went in.

1613419769967.png
1613419752686.png

It was just a figure of speech. Hell....idk my actual percent. Everyone called me skinny all of my life.

Agreed! We are going to need you to be more accurate with the details of your stories. Did you ride for 18 months straight? Like a Mongolian or whichever ancient horse people were rumored to never dismount for days at a time? Also when you say skinny guys get colder, does that mean internal body temp, like core temp? Or is that just an opinion? We need to know the fucking facts.
Not that it matters, but I am using a form of passive aggressive sarcasm to occupy my time "naturally".

Oh, and by the way, I weighed your mom in a water bath. To be fair, I got her wet before she went in.
Well shit! It damn sure felt like 24, 7, 365. I like being horseback, but everyday with mud, steel, concrete, equipment and steam ain't my idea of fun. Throw what seems like 6 months of winter with ice and snow......not my cup of tea. I can't imagine being stuck in Bastogne during WWII.
I do know I am cold and some fat ass is walking around in a t shirt sweating his ass off in January.....and not because he is working hard. It is because he has a layer of lard.....like a seal. You know, fat.

Had a calf die on me this morning. Was up and looking for mana when I put hay out. By the time I was done and went back to count calves she was standing over the body.

It happens, but it is essentially a $600 loss.

Looking forward to warmer weather in a few days. Damn cold has my cows calving early. Had another in the cab of the truck warning up today.

Your theory is flawed. I spend every cold day of my life tending to the welfare of my livestock. In fact I spent 18 months of my life riding pens in a feedyard while waiting on my wife to finish her degree. I know how to dress warm. For me it isn't so much the cold as it is the layers of clothes. Mind you I am 2 percent body fat naturally. Skinny guys get colder than fat guys. I hate the cold because of the clothes I have to wear. Also oil and grease are nearly un cooperative. In fact mechanicing is a bitch. I often wonder if I should have just managed a tiki bar on a tropical island. I have always hunted, but prefer to just go out target shooting on a pretty day. Since I am fortunate to live in the outdoors all the time, I don't need to go hunting like urban people do. I get it......it's their only escape. But......as I get older, I dislike the cold more and more.
good response, I have worked outside in it all my life, I am 66 years old, I fricking hate it now.

Just wondering, I'm not a cattle person - if they're calving, doesn't that actually make them 'not a heifer'?
Around here it goes by this:
Heifer - no calf.
First calf Heifer - had one calf. Never knew why it went like this, but it does.

Anyway, if its her first and it ain't out - its a heifer. Not being a virgin doesn't make it a cow.

If its your friends ex-wife and she's fat, she a heifer, no matter how many kids she's had. Unless she's a fat cow, in which case your bud really sucks at choosing women.

I pushed our breeding to March babies
Had a calf die on me this morning. Was up and looking for mana when I put hay out. By the time I was done and went back to count calves she was standing over the body.

It happens, but it is essentially a $600 loss.

Looking forward to warmer weather in a few days. Damn cold has my cows calving early. Had another in the cab of the truck warning up today.
I pushed our breeding so that we will be calving in March. Soooooo glad that I did. I would normally be in the middle of it. I feel for you, but glad that I ain't close enough to help.

The "fragility" of tires was a main concern in early auto days. I dont think they were exaggerating.

If you were going to run a car back than you had to know how to put a tire on a rim and than have the tools and access to air to make it happen.

My Step Dad told me of his Dad doing his own head gaskets on a trip because shit like head gasket blow outs happened and unless you wanted to be stranded you did what had to be done.
Same side of family
Grand father use to tell us how the original tires on his car were cotton/canvas.
Would get a flat after about 20 Miles in Brooklyn

edit..1920’s ny

It’s not too bad until your in up to your shoulder on one of those heifers trying to get that slip chain around the calf’s head to pull it.......
Been there, done that brother! Used to tie her head to something and the "calf rope" to the truck. Let her rip. Literally!

• Angry
Reactions: SWgeezer
I’ve pulled more than a few, always had more luck around the head but I’ve done the feet as well....
Yup, more than one way to do it for sure. Just because you have feet doesn't mean that you wont have a head that is turned back. No matter what its usually time to get gooey up to your elbows.

The "fragility" of tires was a main concern in early auto days. I dont think they were exaggerating.

If you were going to run a car back than you had to know how to put a tire on a rim and than have the tools and access to air to make it happen.

My Step Dad told me of his Dad doing his own head gaskets on a trip because shit like head gasket blow outs happened and unless you wanted to be stranded you did what had to be done.
I remember a few years ago my dad and one of his buddies talking about the older cars. Friend said”they don’t make them like that anymore “ my dad said he’ll no they don’t, I used to have to work on them on weekends to make sure they would run the work week, and if you got 60,000 miles out of one it was a fucking miracle!!!!

You can get that in WI too in late summer. Just have to get over the mental aspect of it and and get on with life. Dress for it and enjoy. Three hour snowshoe hike in central WI for me yesterday.. around -7F. Merino base layer, bibs, and wool sweater was perfect.

View attachment 7557355

90° is an easy summer day for us. My part of the state, humidity is regularly over 85% all year. Summer can get to 110° to go with it. Cold, wet, wet air. Fuck this shit!

Picked up my daughter from school and another dad told me of a friend of his that moved here from Ohio. We had a winter. Spring lasts about a week, then it's summer. Fall lasts about a week then it's winter. The following June he packed up and was headed back to Ohio. "There's no break, hot as hell, then cold as a sled dog's ass."

I'll take the heat. I hate the cold.

90° is an easy summer day for us. My part of the state, humidity is regularly over 85% all year. Summer can get to 110° to go with it. Cold, wet, wet air. Fuck this shit!

Picked up my daughter from school and another dad told me of a friend of his that moved here from Ohio. We had a winter. Spring lasts about a week, then it's summer. Fall lasts about a week then it's winter. The following June he packed up and was headed back to Ohio. "There's no break, hot as hell, then cold as a sled dog's ass."

I'll take the heat. I hate the cold.
Same here. If it hits 95 and you give me a big enough rock I can be a lizard, baking and loving it. The worst is to be in the coast in February trying to fish in the surf and pretend I’m having a good time. Nope, pure misery.