• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1614109763037.png

Okay, I don't know what the fuck is this but I like it a lot...

Possible footage of the army of the Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I moving against the castles of the feudal dukes of Franconia and Swabia for refusing to submit to his unification decree in 1510. Colorized... (Needs more comb morions and 12 foot pikes)

*** Language is Malay. Most likely calcium carbide and water cartridge producing acetylene gas. Celebration/village tradition of some sort

Hold my beer...LOL

Okay, I don't know what the fuck is this but I like it a lot...

Possible footage of the army of the Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I moving against the castles of the feudal dukes of Franconia and Swabia for refusing to submit to his unification decree in 1510. Colorized... (Needs more comb morions and 12 foot pikes)

*** Language is Malay. Most likely calcium carbide and water cartridge producing acetylene gas. Celebration/village tradition of some sort.

There has been a time or two where the rifle squad at one of our military funerals sounded just like that.

:oops:

That's correct he stole the premise of Windows from someone working with him.
Actually the story of gates stealing it from kildall has never been validated.

What seems to have happened is that the operating systems were so small back then guys would just write new ones. And a lot were based on previous ones etc.

Gates paid Paterson to write QDOS and then bought it.

Then hired Paterson to change it to MS-DOS.

The speculation is that Paterson used kildall as a basis and there is a secrete code in the program that says his name.

But when the code is searched a name was not found anywhere.

Kildall hated big brother and big business like IBM...even though IBM contacted kildall first he supposedly refused to meet (that is still up for debate) gates swooped in and sold them MS-DOS.

The rest is history.

That's correct he stole the premise of Windows from someone working with him.
I had always heard that Xerox PARC developed the GUI and Steve Jobs/Apple “borrowed” some ideas, including the mouse, from Xerox and then Bill Gates/Microsoft “borrowed” the idea from Xerox/Apple and the rest is history.

Last edited:
I had always heard that Xerox PARC developed the GUI and Steve Jobs/Apple “borrowed” some ideas, including the mouse, from Xerox and then Bill Gates/Microsoft “borrowed” the idea from Xerox/Apple and the rest is history.
iirc, Xerox sold the GUI and mouse to Jobs, with their execs saying something along the lines of "never going to sell something named after a rodent".

But I do believe Gates "borrowed" both concepts from apple for windows, while he was working for/with apple iirc.

Reactions: TripleBull