• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes MRAD scope and MOA base

What he said ^^^^^ absolutely nothing.

The 20 MOA base just adds extra elevation as you can only adjust up and down so much depending on the scope.

Last edited:
It gives a Mil scope about 5.5 additional Mils of elevation adjustment is all. Better for LR shooting. Ever had a scope run out of elevation adjustment? Once zeroed, the 20 MOA, roughly 5.5 mils, are never in the correction equation, it simply leaves more internal adjustment available in the scope.

Yeah, I think the 20 MOA term is a holdover from the US who has traditionally used to doing everything in MOA. As has already been said, its just a base with extra elevation built in so you don't max your scope out on elevation at longer ranges. Once the scope is mounted and you have your zero set, the base has no part in the ballistic calculation process. Ignore that its there.

20 MOA = He has a rail with 5.56 mils cant.
That is how much the scope borrows from the cant in the rail. It has nothing to do with the math only you now have a much larger range to adjust for drop/elevation.

Someone could make a killing putting out a 5 or 6 mil mount. :)

Spuhr Mounts have it written in both Mils & MOA on the side of the mount.

spuhrmnt-588x390.jpg

To be honest, after zering my scope, i have never turned the elevation turret. I just hold a negative value in my scope and shoot. 1000 yards is -6.5mills on my 6.5 creedmoor.

Thank you for the insight.

To be honest, after zering my scope, i have never turned the elevation turret. I just hold a negative value in my scope and shoot. 1000 yards is -6.5mills on my 6.5 creedmoor.

Thank you for the insight.

So you're holding below the target??? What, did you zero it at 1500 yds?