• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Multicam 260 Build

skinney_7

Hammer down.
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2008
    SD
    www.oneillops.com
    we finally got my new build up and running, and in multicam ta boot... a couple specs on the rifle,
    Manners stock w/MCS-DBM Mini Chassis (pillar and glass bedded)
    blueprinted Rem 700 action w/ Badger bolt knob
    Badger 20MOA mount, Badger High steel rings (lapped/aligned/leveled) everything torqued to spec and blue loctite applied.
    Shilen trigger
    Shilen select match 24" SS barrel 1:8twst (threaded of course)
    NF NXS 3.5-15X56 NP-R1 ret.
    last but not least the new O2 Shadow XL Ti from SRT arms.
    after my break in procedure, my first load i worked up using 42.5 of IMR 4350 and 139 scenars all 5 rounds were 1/2 MOA, i believe we have a new LR hammer, and we'll have some great vids in the future.
    ENJOY!!!

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

Re: Multicam 260 Build

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I likey and a very nice rifle you have. Who put the paint on? </div></div>
    i did the cerakote work.

Absolutely love that rifle.It is well rounded in design and paint. Keep us updated on the accuracy of your handloading.

good looking rifle, I shot a 6.5X47 yesterday that was loaded at 42 grains 4350 with 130 gr Bergers and it shot very good. Interested in comparing these two rounds.

Looking good skinny, is that going to be your new long range coyote rifle or are you going to stick with your SASS?

By the way how's the suppressed predator DVD coming?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bribri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking good skinny, is that going to be your new long range coyote rifle or are you going to stick with your SASS?

By the way how's the suppressed predator DVD coming? </div></div>
    oh man thats gonna be a hard choice... i'm sure i'll use both, and the dvd is commin slowly but surely!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nate O</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks pretty slick! What did you cook it in? </div></div>
    its air dry, i don't like to mess with the oven cure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I likey and a very nice rifle you have. Who put the paint on? </div></div>
    i did the cerakote work. </div></div>

Well done.

Like the "aged" look to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Like the "aged" look to it. </div></div>
    thanks, where i'm at a lighter color (tan) is better than more green, so it turned out just right!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Like the "aged" look to it. </div></div>
    thanks, where i'm at a lighter color (tan) is better than more green, so it turned out just right!!! </div></div>

Chiller is everything Multicam and to use it requires royalties paid to him, this includes mc skirts!

Yes I agree with Chiller. It has a distinct character that separates it from the standard multi-cam look.

Very well done sir!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I agree with Chiller. It has a distinct character that separates it from the standard multi-cam look.

Very well done sir!! </div></div>
    i appreciate it... we'll see how the camo works in the field real soon!!! once my laupa brass gets here that is!!!

Nicely done. I have always wanted to do one of my rifles in Multicam. Just wish I had the skill to pull something like this off.

Awesome rifle bro! Looking forward to seeing it in some video!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike Hoffman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nicely done. I have always wanted to do one of my rifles in Multicam. Just wish I had the skill to pull something like this off. </div></div>
    nothin serious, its all about layers...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Skinney--still waitin' for that video! </div></div>
    I know... I know... i'm trying to decide stay with the 45 kills i got now or... get 5 more so its an even 50!!!

Couldn't bring yourself to do the NXS either eh?

Re: Multicam 260 Build, Range Report Update.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couldn't bring yourself to do the NXS either eh? </div></div>
    not sure why... i painted a 2K gun, but wont paint a 1400.00 scope???

you got a "400 yd nickel nailer" worked up for this beast yet?

Right on man, not only does it look good, it shoots.
    A little off topic, but can you give my your info for your tripod set up. I am considering spending money in that direction.
    Thanks SScott

Well the gun shoots just as good as it looks! Amazing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sunnyside Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    A little off topic, but can you give my your info for your tripod set up. I am considering spending money in that direction.
    Thanks SScott </div></div>
    Vanguard with the ballhead pistol grip... right around 200ish.

Very nice rifle! How are you liking the can?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice rifle! How are you liking the can? </div></div>
    the SRT "O2" Shadow Xl Ti, best i've heard... great cans!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You said Lapua brass, is that the new 260brass? If so how do you like it? </div></div>
    its good... I've already fired 100 brass twice through, since i got em about a week and a half ago... hoping to get 7-9 reloads out of em...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Ross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">good looking rifle, I shot a 6.5X47 yesterday that was loaded at 42 grains 4350 with 130 gr Bergers and it shot very good. Interested in comparing these two rounds. </div></div>

Sorry to get off topic but 42gr. of anything in a 6.5x47 is a bit much you better check that.

I had a rifle I painted multicam like that with more tan and less green, wish I hadn't sold it. Looks nice and shoots nice to well done.

That is surely one fine looking (and shooting) rig, sir!

This is a little off the most important item in the photos, but I have a Vortex Razor mounted on the same pistol grip head shown in your pics. I've been thinking long the lines of a similar tripod to what you have, instead of the relatively inexpensive one it's currently on. Can you tell me what make that tripod is? Thanks!

thanks for all the comments guys, i'll have a video up of this rifle in action as soon as i can make a bit of time... i'll get some 1000yd stuff up for sure, maybe even 11-1200... when i get it up i'll post it on this thread!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gstaylorg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can you tell me what make that tripod is? Thanks! </div></div>
    Vanguard... its still a bit spendy @ about 200.00

ya the mini chassis was already pillar bedded... and when the shilen came in I had my smith glass bed as well.

Thanks for the reply about the tripod. Sorry, I missed SScott asking the exact same question above. Either my scroll is set way too fast, or I'm dyslexic (LOL).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ya the mini chassis was already pillar bedded... and when the shilen came in I had my smith glass bed as well. </div></div>

does that seem to be necessary, or just an "in case" kind of thing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    does that seem to be necessary, or just an "in case" kind of thing? </div></div>
    i don't think it's necessary, but I tend to be a particular dude, and my smith gave me a great deal.