• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Multicam Dipping - N. Florida/S. Georgia?

phightower

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2011
North Florida
Anybody know a good hydrographics/dipping service in N. Florida or S. Georgia? I want to switch out my Rem.700's Hogue junk stock with a B&C or HS Precision but want to have it dipped in Multicam first.

Also, any places out of my area that you would recommend or avoid would be great.

If this has been discussed already... sorry.

THX!

Re: Multicam Dipping - N. Florida/S. Georgia?

I don't know of anyone to recommend, but I will say to avoid Jeff Chandler of CRC Hydrographics. A good friend is in the middle a nightmare of an experience with them.

-matt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: monteboy84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know of anyone to recommend, but I will say to avoid Jeff Chandler of CRC Hydrographics. A good friend is in the middle a nightmare of an experience with them.

-matt</div></div>

Been there with CRC! Never again.

Try Oregon hydrographics, I've used them before and they have reasonable prices.

Anyone know how tough the dip is compared to Cera or Duracoat finishes? Anyone had a dipped rifle that they have used/hunted with a lot for a few years? Pics? Thanks

I will throw props out to GARTAC...pretty sure I spelled that correctly. They do the dippings on the remmy r15 and such as well as high end motorcycle parts. Stand up company and people involved within. Met many at SHOT. Jeff.

Have you checked with Whidden Gunworks in Nashville, GA? Outstanding work

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know how tough the dip is compared to Cera or Duracoat finishes? Anyone had a dipped rifle that they have used/hunted with a lot for a few years? Pics? Thanks </div></div>

I have a Remington 597 22lr that the came with a hydro dipped stock. I have had it for nine years, and the finish still looked like it did when it was new. That gun has never been in a case and has rode around in the truck, been hunted with, carried on several overnight hike in camping trips and been through almost 3000 rounds. Most if not all bows are hydro dipped these days and the finish generally holds up very well. It is not as bomb proof as cerakote. I decided that i wanted to paint that stock and used brake clean to prep it and it removed the finish. That being said, it was never harmed with any regular gun cleaning solvents.