• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My 6.8 SPC in NRA Sporting Rifle (pics)

bribri

Always Smooth
Minuteman
  • Sep 21, 2009
    Nebraska
    I competed in South Dakota's state match last weekend with my Wilson Combat AR15 in 6.8spc. All the other competitors were shooting 5.56 AR's. I did OK not my best, I shot a 298 out of 320. The winner blew away the competition with a score of 316, which might be the club's new record.

0332.jpg

0282.jpg

0262.jpg

0242.jpg

0232.jpg

Re: 6.8 SPC in NRA Sporting Rifle

That's a good looking rifle! I'm wondering what the specs of your load are(I'm also assuming that you handload)? You should fill us all in on the specs of that Wilson too. Great job on the match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a good looking rifle! I'm wondering what the specs of your load are(I'm also assuming that you handload)? You should fill us all in on the specs of that Wilson too. Great job on the match. </div></div>

Here's the specs:

Wilson Combat Recon 6.8 SPCII
    16" SS barrel with 1 in 11 twist
    Mid-length gas impingement
    Wilsons new TRIM free float forearm in rifle length
    Wilsons TTU single stage trigger
    Magpul UBR buttstock
    Magpul MIAD grip
    Larue mount
    Nightforce 2.5-10x32
    YHM QD flash hider for my YHM 7.62 can
    Tactical Interventions quick cuff sling

My handload used:

Speer 90 grain TNT
    Silver State Armory brass
    CCI #41 primer
    31.3 grains of Accurate 2200
    2.295" COAL (just fits in PRI mags)
    2800 fps at 1500 ft at 70 degrees
    Consistently a little under MOA accuracy

I also have a second upper in 5.56 Wilson's version of the SPR

021.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoveSPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice paintjob on the NF</div></div>

It matches magpul FDE perfectly, just another 30calsniper paint job success!!

that is really cool and glad to hear you using it in competition. I use my 6.8mm's for hunting and they do very well.