• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My first 6.5 x47 Lapua is finished!

pyplynr

Minuteman
Apr 4, 2010
Oklahoma
Finally finished my painting and got it all assembled.
DSCN0096.jpg

Specs

Savage 10 action
Shilen Select match bbl 1/8twist @ 26" threaded for my 30P-1 (If BATF will hurry up)
Bell & Carlson A2 stock that I shaved and remolded the forearm
Timney trigger set @ 2.5#
CDI DBM
Eagle stock pack
Atlas rail and V8 bipod
Badger 20MOA base
Badger rings
Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50 HS/ZS
Paint is my rendition of multicam in Duracoat

Re: My first 6.5 x47 Lapua is finished!

Not sure, I did it over the last 3 days. Did a little bit when I had the time.

This Saturday looks promising
smile.gif
I'll have a report then. If I don't get suckered into working.

Are you reloading for the rifle? I hope so. The rifle looks good. You'll love the caliber.

I'd need a 2nd job if I didn't. LOL I shot it before I painted the barreled action. Averaged 2819 w/130vld's. Just threw a load together with Varget and got an ES of 18 and a SD of 5 with minimal brass prep. So far I love it.

Looks good man! Glad you went with Multicam on the barreled action!!

Wow you actually made the b&c a2 an attractive stock. Was the barrel a prefit? Very good looking build.

Great job. B&C make a decent stock but I have their foregrip. I wish skills and tools to do that. I just went with a Manners stock for my build.

Nice stick.

Me too KPK. I painted it light brown first. It just didn't look as good as I thought it should have, so I stripped it and started over. To the question about the barrel. Yes it is a prefit. I got it from a member here then sent it to Chad @ LongRifles to get the muzzle threaded. The B&C stocks are good stocks, but when you get rid of the bulky forearm it helps tremendously. I have a Manners T4 on my rem700 and I do believe they are a better construction and fit. I had this one laying around from a previous rifle so I figured I might as well use it.

Very nice I'm jealous!

Really nice work! I am very impressed with your painting skills. How is the Duracoat to work with?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a-hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have any groups to post yet? </div></div>

I've still got some load development to do, But here is the first 10 shot group.
The high shot was the CCB shot and the other one that's not touching the group(lowest shot) is the 10th shot and I pulled it.
31331.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lencomatt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whats the stock on the Savage 110 in your sig? </div></div>

XLR Evolution Chassis

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a-hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have any groups to post yet? </div></div>

I've still got some load development to do, But here is the first 10 shot group.
The high shot was the CCB shot and the other one that's not touching the group(lowest shot) is the 10th shot and I pulled it.
31331.jpg
</div></div>

Looks like the load you have is pretty good. What load is that?
When i had a 6.5x47 i shot the 130 bergers and RL15. I also
had a good load with h4350 and the bergers with a .020 jump.
I hope to build another soon. Keep posting groups. Good job.

That load is 37gr of Varget and 130vld's with a .010 jump, ES of 18 and SD of 5. I picked up some H4350 and some 123gr Sencars Monday that I'll try out too.

One of my buddies used varget with the 123's and had really good accuracy with it. His 300 yard group was really impressive.

Like the camo.looks like shes going to shoot as good as she looks

Nice build and the pain job is well done and it looks like it a hell of a shooter too. Congrats!