• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My Ghillie

_Shay_

thing 2
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
USA
Just a few pics of my suit I just finished up. I know, why DCUs, you're in northen michigan, well, it's easier to make them darker if need be. The while back of the suit was replaced with coyote brown mesh. I sewed 1000d khaki cordura to the front, and everything is double stitched. The Boonie has a vent on top. I have about 50ft of paracord in the suit, and about 126 rubber bands, and about 2 yards of burlap.

Re: My Ghillie

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Huh, the pics aren't showing up...</span> I think they are now...

They are there ... but the suit is doing its job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr Pink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks great! bet that took a good while to finish. </div></div>
Actually, it didn't take all that long. I started sewing everything on a Sunday morning (9ish), and by Sunday around 6pm, all the sewing was done. Though I did cheat and use shoogoo to tack down the netting onto the mesh. Tying on burlap didn't take that long, since I did not want much on there anyway, maybe 2-3 hours at the most. Then I gave it a mud-bath when the temp got above freezing (was about 40 degrees out, was freaking cold in the water, took a long time to warm up), and I let it hang dry outside for a while, and now it's where it's at today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: javi_559</div><div class="ubbcode-body">good job man </div></div>
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's about 5 yards away in the pic. </div></div>
That's freaky good. I wouldn't want you in my backyard.
smile.gif

When I first saw the thumbnail pic I thought somebody had skinned out a Wookie.
wink.gif
Nice ghillie.

Thanks. I hope to get some more pics soon, but we have a snow storm headed my way
frown.gif

reminds me i got to get back to that
nice rags hope mine turns out thay nice