• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My JP LRP-07H (Range Report 10-18-2010)

BORG_888

Private
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2010
Bothell, WA
Hi guys!

So after much research and a little patience, my JP LRP-07H finally made it to my door. Wow! is all I can say. The fit and finish is the best, bar none and this is after experience with a very nice POF P308-MMR and an exceptional LWRC REPR.

The side charging-handle is wickedly fast and smooth, especially after applying some of that FP low viscosity CLP. I got a NightForce 3.5-15x50 NXS 'high-speed turrent' and a Trijicon ACOG TA01B as my reading glasses.

Been busy with my kids so I've not had a chance to shoot her, but I'll revert with a range report, hopefully soon.

Enjoy the pics ... certainly looks like Christmas came early for someone. WOOT!

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

Re: My new JP LRP-07H

nice rifle, but the ghillie suit needs some work. To blend in in that environment id advise disguising yourself as a coffee table or maybe a bowl of potato chips

Very nice indeed. Can you post some pictures of groups.

Are you going to be wearing that suit for Halloween?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure the rifle is going to help your hiding..... black and red?
</div></div>

I did not want to obscure the rifle with Ghillie material dedicated for that purpose, plus a can of black aerosol paint would take care of that red heat-sink ...
wink.gif

can we get close up pics of just the rifle? especially of the side charger?

how is that rifle just floating in the air like that?

its like some invisible person is holding it.

nice rifle i have one of there heat sinks on the way

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zinny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can we get close up pics of just the rifle? especially of the side charger? </div></div>

Sure ...
wink.gif

I prefer this side charging-handle over the LWRC REPR because (1) it flushes to the body of the upper-receiver when not in use and (2) the section that slides over the charging rail does not come in contact with the upper receiver behind the charging-handle and therefore no scuffing occurs.
IMG_1791.jpg

Close-up shot of side charging-handle.
IMG_1790.jpg

Another angle.
IMG_1793.jpg

Heat-sink and adjustable gas-block.
IMG_1799.jpg

Heat-sink rides all the way to the throat of the barrel where most of the heat is generated.
IMG_1798.jpg

Awesome fit and finish, but the most incredible thing IMHO, is that my entire rifle (including ACOG and fully loaded 20-round magazine) weighs in at only 9.3 lbs!!! Compare this to my completely stripped 10.5 lbs REPR and I think you'll agree that this is one light rig. While lighter is always better in my book, what you will notice the moment you pick up a JP LRP-07 is that this large format AR-10 is very well balanced and not front-heavy (even with the skeleton stock), making it extremely quick to maneuver and point.
IMG_1795.jpg

I have been saving my money for one of these, thanks for the close up pics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 35WLN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been saving my money for one of these, thanks for the close up pics </div></div>

Get the 'H' (hunting) series, best bang for the buck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice indeed. Can you post some pictures of groups.</div></div>

Finally made it out to the range this afternoon. Here are some pics and initial shooting impression:

(Sorry for pic quality - taken with crappy camera phone)
I haven't messed with the adjustable gas-block yet, but have found the recoil impulse already extremely mild. Very fast on follow-up shots.
028.jpg

Ambient temperature was about 60F with no wind.
026.jpg

Sighted in both my NightForce 3.5-15 NXS and Trijicon ACOG TA01B.
025.jpg

This grouping was achieved using my NightForce. Cold-bore with each shot.
IMG_1858.jpg

This grouping was achieved using my NightForce. One shot every two-to-three seconds.
IMG_1857.jpg

This grouping was achieved using my Trijicon ACOG TA01B. I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome.
IMG_1859.jpg