• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes My LAST Optics Planet experience...

clj94104

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2011
United States
Here is a convo that I just had with a very helpful customer service agent. This was not my first issue with them, but their 10% off coupons for reviews lured me back in. NEVER AGAIN!

Mike C.: Hello, chris. Give me a second to review your question.
chris: order: XXXXXXX
chris: Order was originally supposed to be here yesterday the 15th and it was shipping late.
chris: I called to cancel, and told them not to ship it out. Notations were made. (already have the rings from Vortex, they shipped fed ex overnight and are already installed)
chris: That very day, (10 hours later) they shipped them out anyway and didn't issue a refund.
chris: I want a refund.
Mike C.: We cannot issue a refund until the package is received back in our warehouse. When UPS attempts to deliver the package, you can tell them you are refusing the package and they will send it back to us.
chris: Why was this not taken care of?
chris: I had to call twice to even get the package a shipping label. Then they didn't get that out in time either.
Mike C.: The package was issued a tracking number on September 13th. Once the order has been packaged, there is no way to cancel the order.
chris: The customer service agent who notated in the account asked his supervisor to cancel, and told me that I could expect an email showing a cancellation. I checked today, and no email. Then I checked the shipping again, and it was shipped two days after the label was created and almost a week after Optics Planet took the funds out of my account.
Mike C.: The package can be refused, and we will issue a refund once the package has been received and checked in at our warehouse. We do not have any guaranteed shipping times and UPS ground does not have a guaranteed delivery date.
chris: You're right, they have an expected delivery date.
chris: A date I was quoted from your customer service agent I ordered the rings from initially. (nice lady)
chris: She GUARANTEED them to me by today.
chris: This is not my first issue with something like this from your company.
chris: I guess its too late now.
chris: I will be posting this on my forum though.
Mike C.: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
chris: (SH)
chris: No.
Mike C.: Thank you for contacting us. If you need anything in the future, do not hesitate to call, chat or e-mail. We are always available to help. Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Re: My LAST Optics Planet experience...

i have used swfa-no problems and optics planet-minor problem with a factory rebate which i think is the manuf issue. rebates seem to be a problem in every industry.

All in all that's not really any reason to publicy decry your perceived injury.

If companies were in the business of refunding money prior to receipt of the product being returned they'd be broke in a week.

I just bought a holster from them 2 weeks ago off their Amazon.com store (got a gift card for my birthday), it shipped quickly and was exactly as advertised.

Massengill will help flush out any remaining sand you may have....

you need to chill dude what are you gonna do when there is a really big problem??

I am sure optics planet is glad you won't buy from them again since all they loss was a little bitch fit kid who doesn't know what a serious issue is. Grow up already. The greatest thing is you threatend to post it on "MY" forum and you went through with your word problem is people here will read it and think right back to the "little bitch" comment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Massengill will help flush out any remaining sand you may have.... </div></div>

Damn it, now I'm upset too! I need a new keyboard, I spit iced tea all over mine when I read this!

Rofl. I vented my frustration over another screwed up order and he spit iced tea all over his keyboard :-D

I told them to cancel the order wrote it was shopped and issue me a refund. They shipped it 10 hrs after that. Read it. That's why I'm mad. Again. Not my first problem with them.

I know it sucks but it does seem like they handled it professionally. Kinda makes me want to order from them again. Crap shipping times are something you have to deal with when ordering over the internet or phone from time to time.

I just wish they would've done what they said. It's not too big a deal except I'm out $130 for the time being. I'm just frustrated. I'm just sayin buyer beware if you need what you're ordering in a timely fashion.

I wish I had so few issues that something like this would have an effect on my day beyond a "Huh, that sucks" rolling through my head, only to be recalled a week later when I check my account just to make sure they refunded my money.

If there had been a conversation involving "I really need this for an event, etc" I could see possible issue, but other than that I just dont see it.

I'm not hating on you, I just don't see this as a reason to publicly bash a company. I doubt there is one single long established company that doesn't have this exact issue happen occasionally, it just cant be 100% avoided when information has to pass through so many hands.

You're right med school with a kid is no stress. This is just one more thing I don't need to deal with.

My .02.
I had to return an item to opticsplanet last year. It was a set of 1911 night sights that were a gift and ended up not working.
The return went very smoothly and I got a prompt refund, although the order screw up was my fault.