• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Problem with Arken Optics USA

I have made two orders with OP in the last two weeks. One for a barrel that's theromfit into a BCM receiver in my safe. And another for a couple gas blocks that should be here shortly. I can honestly say lately I have been ordering from them more than anyone else.

Wait, the what was this thread supposed to be about?

Reactions: Capt45
Well; once Arken finally got the Scope in the mail, and delivery date is past, I find the scope has set in the same Post Office for 4 days now. Last time that happened to me, after 3 weeks, I got a package from USPS that had the ripped off front of the box with my mailing label and a "sorry" message.
That was 2 weeks ago.
I'm ready to pass along this "black cloud" that seems to have befallen my mojo.

Well; once Arken finally got the Scope in the mail, and delivery date is past, I find the scope has set in the same Post Office for 4 days now. Last time that happened to me, after 3 weeks, I got a package from USPS that had the ripped off front of the box with my mailing label and a "sorry" message.
That was 2 weeks ago.
I'm ready to pass along this "black cloud" that seems to have befallen my mojo.
Post #25.

Update on Arken;
I was told by my local Postmaster that it's still setting in the same location as of the 6th. Explaination was that it was setting on a Semi in a parking lot at USPS in Wichita KS and they don't have the time to off load. Now my paranoid self says one of three things is going on: 1) it's lost 2) it's been stolen or 3) it's been destroyed. I'm betting #2 (hope I'm wrong) a USPS "handler" enhanced his/her Christmas.

A little email reply to say they are backed up in shipping would go a long way. But; charging my CC and not shipping is almost illegal. Most places state they won't charge your card UNTIL the order ships.
Not illegal ...

Reactions: Bcamos and FuhQ
Update on Arken;
I was told by my local Postmaster that it's still setting in the same location as of the 6th. Explaination was that it was setting on a Semi in a parking lot at USPS in Wichita KS and they don't have the time to off load. Now my paranoid self says one of three things is going on: 1) it's lost 2) it's been stolen or 3) it's been destroyed. I'm betting #2 (hope I'm wrong) a USPS "handler" enhanced his/her Christmas.
You understand its Christmas shipping season right?

Go enjoy life vs worrying about this ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Bcamos
Update on Arken;
Well, at least they didn’t take 2 weeks to ship out your $4,000 thermal scope (the hub it left was in Atlanta, which is only about 2.5 hours from my house), then the geniuses sent it through a 3rd party shipper to get it to USPS. And the 3rd party sent it on a scenic joyride across the South & Central U.S…With NO estimated delivery date. While I’m still waiting on it to arrive from their estimated Dec 8-10th time frame, it left Liberty, MO early yesterday morning, and hasn’t been updated since. 🤬🤬🤬

IMG_3323.jpeg

Well, at least they didn’t take 2 weeks to ship out your $4,000 thermal scope (the hub it left was in Atlanta, which is only about 2.5 hours from my house), then the geniuses sent it through a 3rd party shipper to get it to USPS. And the 3rd party sent it on a scenic joyride across the South & Central U.S…With NO estimated delivery date. While I’m still waiting on it to arrive from their estimated Dec 8-10th time frame, it left Liberty, MO early yesterday morning, and hasn’t been updated since. 🤬🤬🤬

View attachment 8293862
We've possibly made a couple of USPS thugs a nicer Christmas.

We've possibly made a couple of USPS thugs a nicer Christmas.
I’m fixing to call Amazon and not be real nice…Because 3rd party shipping is always a really stupid idea, especially with expensive items, because they’re extremely unreliable and hire any idiot off the street. They probably wanted to save $5 on shipping cost. 🙄, which might just cost them $4,000 when this conversation is over with, if I get them to overnight me one, and let them deal with trying to track down the first one and figure it out how to get it back to their facility. Then it won’t be my problem. As long as I get what I paid for, their stupidity can cost them all they want it to.

New update… Apparently something went wrong, and it ended up BACK IN ATLANTA at the original Amazon facility at 7:45 this morning. WTAF! So now Amazon says it will be here Wednesday. This is why you NEVER use 3rd party shipping. My guess is they either damaged it, or delivered it to the wrong place, put it on the wrong truck, or someone tried to steal it, and got caught when it was accidentally scanned back in the system, or something screwy…

No luck here, it ain't moving. Been in the same parking lot (if you believe the BS story) for 6 inclusive days.

No luck here, it ain't moving. Been in the same parking lot (if you believe the BS story) for 6 inclusive days.
Man ... one time an FFL used USPS Retail Ground to ship a SCAR 20 ... it took nearly 2 months to get here ... nothing was damaged/reboxed/etc ... but a hub on the east coast was so backed up ... they couldn't process things fast enough (during peak COVID) ...

USPS should be recognized for the criminal enterprise it is; AND sold off to a commercial business.

Unfortunately you still wound up with an oem Ch***** optic.

Anybody ever told you to shut your pie hole? OR, mind your own business? Or, Fuck off? I'm betting they have.
See, that’s the main issue with a big mouth. To stupid to deal with the vendor directly like a normal person would do. Then come to SH crying like a little bitch how badly they did you…. and then open your big mouth again when you don’t hear what you would like to on an open forum.

See, that’s the main issue with a big mouth. To stupid to deal with the vendor directly like a normal person would do. Then come to SH crying like a little bitch how badly they did you…. and then open your big mouth again when you don’t hear what you would like to on an open forum.
I was hoping you could cure your big mouth problem, but here you are again. I'm convinced you are a pre-stroke candidate and are off your meds. You're only about a week behind the conversation.
So go fuck yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Schütze
Ooooh, he's an angry little elf.
Just give the poor guy a break, read another one of his whining posts about a Garmin xero Deal gone south. Would he be smart enough by now to support our vendors here on the hide? Of course not, whining little elf…..

Reactions: msgriff
Just give the poor guy a break, read another one of his whining posts about a Garmin xero Deal gone south. Would he be smart enough by now to support our vendors here on the hide? Of course not, whining little elf…..
Isn't Arken a sponsor here?

No sir, our best supporter that carries Arken is Doug @gr8fuldoug with cameraland.
Who graciously and under no obligation offered to help the OP by shipping an Arken out of his own stock as resolution. I don't recall the OP ever acknowledging or expressing any gratitude in this thread over that offer, whether he took him up on that or not.

Reactions: Uhlan and Schütze
Who graciously and under no obligation offered to help the OP by shipping an Arken out of his own stock as resolution. I don't recall the OP ever acknowledging or expressing any gratitude in this thread over that offer, whether he took him up on that or not.
He uses the word gentlemen, excluding himself obviously. 🙄

Yep; Doug is good people.
Funny how YOU weren't included in our private conversations.

• Haha
Reactions: msgriff
Yep; Doug is good people.

Funny how YOU weren't included in our private conversations.
I never said anything about your private conversations and specifically stated your lack of acknowledgement in this thread. My advice is that you log out or delete your account. I doubt that you will find much joy here going forward, as your reputation has pretty much been established based on your posts in this thread and elsewhere.

Reactions: Schütze
I never said anything about your private conversations and specifically stated your lack of acknowledgement in this thread. My advice is that you log out or delete your account. I doubt that you will find much joy here going forward, as your reputation has pretty much been established based on your posts in this thread and elsewhere.
I wasn't going to respond to your insulting verbiage, but I'll leave it with this: Go Fuck Yourself.

Arken seems to have problems with shipping, not answering emails, QC and fibbing about inventory and shipping lead times. Meanwhile you got ole @marsh1 on here offering to help a guy zero his scope by way of personal phone call. If you want a 34mm China scope, I’d consider PA next time.

Reactions: Capt45 and FuhQ
Arken seems to have problems with shipping, not answering emails, QC and fibbing about inventory and shipping lead times. Meanwhile you got ole @marsh1 on here offering to help a guy zero his scope by way of personal phone call. If you want a 34mm China scope, I’d consider PA next time.
There are reason why I stopped recommending Arken... These above were just a few. The rest, was they burned me on 2 new releases on new first-run scopes. Both my first EP5 and EPL4 were lemons right out of the box. Arken replaced them without question, or hassle, but it was still like damn man, 0 for 2... That's why I decided to cancel my Zulus order, plus, they failed to mention that the European videos all have LRF, but the LRF model is not available here in the US yet. I'm happy with my AGM Neith purchase.

I'm also extremely happy and impressed with my 2 (new model) PA SLx 1-10x28 LPVO's with the Griffin M10S reticles. For Chinese imports, they are solid optics. I'm guessing that has more to do with PA's passion for QA/QC upon import arrival here in the states.

Reactions: Gohring65
There are reason why I stopped recommending Arken... These above were just a few. The rest, was they burned me on 2 new releases on new first-run scopes. Both my first EP5 and EPL4 were lemons right out of the box. Arken replaced them without question, or hassle, but it was still like damn man, 0 for 2... That's why I decided to cancel my Zulus order, plus, they failed to mention that the European videos all have LRF, but the LRF model is not available here in the US yet. I'm happy with my AGM Neith purchase.

I'm also extremely happy and impressed with my 2 (new model) PA SLx 1-10x28 LPVO's with the Griffin M10S reticles. For Chinese imports, they are solid optics. I'm guessing that has more to do with PA's passion for QA/QC upon import arrival here in the states.
It is how I felt when I had back to back to back $2000+ Steiner M-series optics with issues ... STRAIGHT from Steiner ... they did replace them but I was like ... seriously ... if I, an untrained LARPer can find these issues out of the box ... how do the "professionals" not see it ... I went back to Vortex and Bushnell Elite Tacticals for my needs ...

PA is SOLID! Really want to try their new ACSS-NOVA ...

Reactions: Gohring65 and FuhQ
So on the 23rd of Nov. I placed my order for a Arken rifle scope from Arken Optics USA. Promptly got my Card used by Arken and a couple of days later I was notified that the Scope had shipped and I was given the tracking #. On the 28th I checked the tracking # and say that ONLY a label was printed. Checked each day up to today and still shows that only a label has been printed.
Customer service is virtually non existant but I finally got a message that the order had been shipped.
So today I check and the tracking # now is a invalid #.
I ordered rings and bubble level after I ordered the Scope (a couple of days later) and received the rings and level today.
I was planning on shooting with the new scope in a match on Monday with my brother, but the Osprey scope will have to be put back into service for that.
Really pisses me off when a retailer bills my CC before a product ships.
I ordered a Zulus HD 5-20 Day/Night Digital Scope from Arken Optics on 11/27/2023. To date I've never received it. There is a phone number on Arken's website and an email address. So I called the number 1-833-658-0070, after waiting two weeks with no shipping information and the order showing as "Paid Awaiting Processing" on my Account page on their website, to get some answers and ETA on when the order was to ship.

When you call, you get a recorded message stating to send an email to [email protected] to get in contact with them. I've emailed them five (5) times and have never received one response. Someone in these posts states we have "Amazon Syndrome"....really? At least with Amazon, I'm provided an expectation of a delivery date, I get an email when it does ship, and if delayed, I get an email with a new delayed shipping date. Moreover, I can call Amazon's 800 number, and actually speak to a Customer Service Agent - who in every circumstance I've had to call, has resolved my issue to my satisfaction - and sometimes beyond my expectations. That is called Customer Obsession and Customer Service. So to blame to insult a member in this case, for an issue which seems ubiquitous, versus hold the retailer accountable, is illogical, quite frankly very odd and disappointing. We are here to support each other, not insult each other, especially when we are the ones that are being hurt and mistreated by Arken Optics.

Arken charged my credit card, never sent the item in the last 30 days, never responded to my phone call (as you can't leave a message on their phone system), and has never responded to even one of my five (5) emails sent to [email protected]. I found their CEOs profile on LinkedIn, Michael Benedict, and messaged him through that application - not surprising I've received no response from him.

Gentleman (and Ladies), we need to hold Arken Optics accountable, and not insult members who have paid for items and never received their item or even one proactive or reactive communication from Arken. Its now been over 30 days since I placed my order and paid in full, and I don't have a scope, I don't have a response to my email email and they have my money. Do you think that's "Amazon Syndrome" on my part or "Unethical, Unaccountable, Unacceptable and Fraudulent" behavior on Arken Optics part. You know what I think - so I'm curious to hear what you would think if this happened to you, like it has to me and many others on this and other forums. In the past, we would protest against and/or boycott retailers who mistreated customers, support the customers that got hurt, and report the retailer to the Attorney General of the State of their domicile as well as the Department of Justice if they operated across state lines. I'm ready to do so with Arken Optics - feel free to join me, so that Arken changes it behavior and terrible treatment of its customers.

Last edited:
We are an authorized Arken Dealer and long time supporting vendor here. Obviously we prefer you purchase through us, however, as we have stated many times over the years "If you have an issue with any brand we handle please feel free to reach out to us and we will try our best to assist you". Please feel free to call or PM me with the details of your order with Arken and I'll reach out to them and see what's going on for you.
Now that's real service!!

I ordered a Zulus HD 5-20 Day/Night Digital Scope from Arken Optics on 11/27/2023. To date I've never received it. There is a phone number on Arken's website and an email address. So I called the number 1-833-658-0070, after waiting two weeks with no shipping information and the order showing as "Paid Awaiting Processing" on my Account page on their website, to get some answers and ETA on when the order was to ship.

When you call, you get a recorded message stating to send an email to [email protected] to get in contact with them. I've emailed them five (5) times and have never received one response. Someone in these posts states we have "Amazon Syndrome"....really? At least with Amazon, I'm provided an expectation of a delivery date, I get an email when it does ship, and if delayed, I get an email with a new delayed shipping date. Moreover, I can call Amazon's 800 number, and actually speak to a Customer Service Agent - who in every circumstance I've had to call, has resolved my issue to my satisfaction - and sometimes beyond my expectations. That is called Customer Obsession and Customer Service. So to blame to insult a member in this case, for an issue which seems ubiquitous, versus hold the retailer accountable, is illogical, quite frankly very odd and disappointing. We are here to support each other, not insult each other, especially when we are the ones that are being hurt and mistreated by Arken Optics.

Arken charged my credit card, never sent the item in the last 30 days, never responded to my phone call (as you can't leave a message on their phone system), and has never responded to even one of my five (5) emails sent to [email protected]. I found their CEOs profile on LinkedIn, Michael Benedict, and messaged him through that application - not surprising I've received no response from him.

Gentleman (and Ladies), we need to hold Arken Optics accountable, and not insult members who have paid for items and never received their item or even one proactive or reactive communication from Arken. Its now been over 30 days since I placed my order and paid in full, and I don't have a scope, I don't have a response to my email email and they have my money. Do you think that's "Amazon Syndrome" on my part or "Unethical, Unaccountable, Unacceptable and Fraudulent" behavior on Arken Optics part. You know what I think - so I'm curious to hear what you would think if this happened to you, like it has to me and many others on this and other forums. In the past, we would protest against and/or boycott retailers who mistreated customers, support the customers that got hurt, and report the retailer to the Attorney General of the State of their domicile as well as the Department of Justice if they operated across state lines. I'm ready to do so with Arken Optics - feel free to join me, so that Arken changes it behavior and terrible treatment of its customers.
Well no shit you haven't received it... You do realize that they stated (right on their website) that the Zulus was a 6-8 week lead time, right? That means it could take 6-8 weeks MINIMUM before it ever even ships out from them on its way to you. How dumb are you people? 😂 Also, this sounds like a completely fake story by a paid troll or something. If this isn't a smear campaign, then someone is online stalking & harassing the owner of the company and Arken's CS, over their own stupidity. 🤦🏼

Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 4.38.00 PM.png

Last edited:
A good friend of mine ordered during their Black Friday sale. Radio silence since, on an optic that was supposedly in stock. He’s not trying to cancel order and go another route.

funny. I got mine through Doug at CameraLand. It shipped the same day and had it in hand 4 days later

1703684760371.gif

• Haha
Reactions: LR1845
When the website very clearly states the new advertised scope model is 6-8 weeks out, but you can pre-order…. Some people go out of their way to find things to bitch about. Like pretending that products simply materialize out of thin air because they clicked to buy.

Reactions: FuhQ
What I've learned from this thread that can't seem to end.

1. People ARE actually stupider than I thought
2. I am still not buying Arken Optics
3. I am still not buying from Optics Planet
4. I will continue to not whine on forums about shipping times
5. Reading is fundamental, but not for everyone

ETA: 6. Not everyone who is old is necessarily wise.

Last edited:

That was me who said dumb fucks like you have Amazon syndrome.
Your post proves it.

You're hurt by Arken? WITELF are you talking about?

Lastly, we're not here to support each other.
If you believe that, you're in the wrong house.