• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my long range rig with some new tricks:-)

skany

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2009
Hi guys

Bought a parker hale M84 about 8 months ago to save my 243ai barrel & fell in love with it & 308win!

like it so much I had it cut for a break & moddy & lifted the NXS of my 243ai as i wasent so keen on the mildot leup it was wearing!

heres how she did look!

ph3jpeg.jpg

heres how she looks now
CIMG3578.jpg

CIMG3581.jpg

CIMG3582.jpg

CIMG3584.jpg

parkerhale m84
so NXS 5.5-22x56 with sosine indicator
cg universal twostage trigger

cheers Andy

Re: my long range rig with some new tricks:)

Sure is a nice rifle!

I love it. Did they glass bed the actions on them? I had a old SSG with wood and iron sights. Take more pics and post them. How does someone get one of those? I thought that they stopped making them?

Hi terryg

Its fairly old mate think its early 80's but not 100%

its practialy like new tho!
it is factory glass bedded:)

I found it (well was put onto it)on out UK guntrader!

paid £450 for wich at t the time was more then i wanted to pay as a PH tx1200 in vgc could be had for £250!

all my buddys had tx1200 & everyone of them would do less then 1/2moa & was the reason i was deperate to get my mits on one!

In the end i gave up looking & managed to get £100 of the m84 & belive it was the bargain of the centery as this thing flat out shoots!

came in a hard case with the original peep sights wich I ebayed & made it even cheaper!

cheers Andy

Very nice.....awaiting and range report with more pictures.

Pop

I had a similar experience with a Match Target SSG. I ended up buying back the correct sights at a latter time. I have heard that the PH 84 was a master piece. I have just about everything in sniper rifles, but one of them. Dont change anything else on it. Dont let your friends talk you into new stocks or paint.

Ok guys heres some more pics:)

pph1jpeg.jpg

CIMG3583.jpg

CIMG3580.jpg

CIMG3580.jpg

ok theres a few more pics:)

heres how it can shoot

100yds five rounds not me behind the trigger
phGROUP.jpg

heres 400yds witnessed me shooting off bags

phgroupsjpg.jpg

Here it is at 900yds me shooting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB6RtyYeCxA

Ive yet to try anything but 155g Amax over a 44.5g load of vit 150 loaded at sammie spec

may try the bergers & lapuas at some point but feel they may be a little long as my twist is 1-15 from wht i can tell!

shant be changing anything else on it unless the barrel gives up one day!
cheers Andy

Yeps thats a powerline but long long way over the top

looks closer from camera point to be fair!

1-15 checked & re checked go fiqure huh

expected it to be faster but im happy with the 155's

cheers Andy