• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My Mosin Nagant Sniper Project

djblingbling1

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2004
Oregon
IMG451.jpg

-1928 Hex 91/30 (Lots of pitting, and the butt-plate was rusted out...bore and crown are mint so it looks as though it was stored improperly at some point, yet rarely shot.)

-ATI Stock (a lot of sanding, but for $70.00 I cannot complain...I plan on bedding with JB weld and pillars, as well as opening up the barrel channel for a float).

-Max Sheperd Bolt Mod (Crazy good customer service and work. I got it polished, and fit for the ATI stock and a Rock Solid scope mount, as well as added the tactical knob which all makes for a really fast and smooth bolt.)

-Harris 9-13 Bipod (Im sold on Harris...this thing is SOLID.)

My next move will be a Timney or the scope mount...probably the trigger as for now Im ok with irons as I dont have a scope lined up yet, although im thinking a Super Sniper.

Once I get a scope mounted I will remove the sights and smooth the rear sight dovetail, and cut the barrel to 22 or 24 inches, re-crown and refinish the barrel.

There is a ton of pitting, I dont know if there is a way to fill and sand it before a refinish or is it permanent?

Thanks for looking.

if your going to paint it I would say:
clean out the rust, give it a uniform sanding with a very fine grit paper by hand
fill all pitting with JB weld
polish to uniformity and finally paint.