• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My new toy..

tasslehawf

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2009
Austin, TX
22_250.jpg

Savage 10GLX Lefty in .22-250

I put on the Harris bipod today, although I shot it at the range the day I picked it up (last Saturday) before the bipod. I am very excited to shoot it again. It feels very stable now.

I don't particularly like the scope that came with it. It's a Bushnell 3-9x40. It has a single crosshair and magnification seems like it would be very small at 50, nevermind 100 yards. Now that I have the bipod, I plan to go back to the range and spend the time adjusting the scope.

The lens covers that come with the scope are really cheap. I thought about ordering a set of flip-up covers, but maybe I'll just be taking off the covers when I'm at the range.

I still need to pick up a cleaning kit. I was hoping for something that breaks down that I can use to clean both the rifle and our glock. I also want to find a web rifle sling (it came with a leather one I don't like).

Re: My new toy..

tasslehawf,

Sorry nobody's replied.

Most folks on here are into custom tactical long range rifles with tactical style scopes on top.

What you got there will get you started OK and be fun for shootin varmints.

Steve

HELL... I bet with practice you could shoot just as good as some on here. Cyber shooters? I bet their toys don't even see light nor have a scratch on them. Run the hell out of what you have and change things to your liking, not what everyone else is running. Looks good and ya we all started with something cheaper. You'll have all sorts of fun with it and bloody up some critters along the way.

Ha, my buddy got that same gun with the composite stock and it shot better than my 5R I dumped 2k into, lol

Great starting point dude!

Jake

See! A person doesn't need much to shoot bug holes and have fun doing it. I once had a savage 270 WSM that shot good. Also had a 22-250 with a cheap a$$ Simons Blazer on it, took several critters with it.

good first/starter rifle,as for a take apart cleaning rod get a mil issue m16 cleaning rod and make shure to get the adapter so you can use normal cleaning accessories with it,the cheap take apart rods from most sporting goods stores will bend with anykind of use

nice rifle tassle

the scope shouldnt let you down either... i have the same on my 17hmr.

good stuff mate enjoy it

otis is ok not any/alot better than a bore snake just my 02 cents

I've had a Savage 112Fv in 22-250 for years. It has seen two stocks, two triggers, three scopes, at last count about 1500+ hot fast rounds. It's still a great shooter. It was my first heavy barreled rifle. Bought as a woodchuck gun and has killed a lot of them. I am not a Savage fan boy but I like that thing.

Have fun and enjoy!!!