• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing My rifle back from the "Smith"??PIC HEAVY!

Re: My rifle back from the "Smith"??PIC HEAVY!

I prefer the 175's also but my newest gun was chambered with a 95 Palma reamer seems to prefer the 168 FGGM the best of what I've tried so far.

I haven't done any load work for it yet but its comming. I would like to shoot the 155 Lapuas but haven't heard alot of good things about them , may just stick with the old tried and true 168gr or 175gr Bergers over 44-46gr of Varget.

You lucky that their are great guy out their that were willing to step up to the plate and help you out with a job gone wrong.

I wish some of that 30 deg weather would make it here , its a balmy 71 deg right now at about 90% humididy , Merry Freaking Christmas

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish some of that 30 deg weather would make it here , its a balmy 71 deg right now at about 90% humididy , Merry Freaking Christmas </div></div>

Don’t worry J, you're in Louisiana, the weather will change soon enough.........

54 and overcast here in the Crossroads of The South (Jackson, MS). It was below freezing Monday morning. That's what I love about living in the South - as Mark Twain said about the weather, "if you don't like it, just wait a minute."

175 JLKs work pretty well for chamber set up for 168 SMK at 2.800", loaded at 2.860ish" OAL to run out of the AICS magazine you have about 0.020" jump. I've never had an issue getting the JLKs to shoot with a bit of jump, might not like 0.200" but 0.020" has not been a problem.

Very nice rifle!

I would start from scratch, tell him he F'd your stock up, have him purchase you a new stock, pay him nothing. Give him your old stock in exchange, then either do it yourself or use one of the trusted names from this site.

First a moment of silence for the tortured rifle !!!
i would not pay the balance,till the issue was resolved..where is the test targets he shot?? i dont know about your gunsmiths guys but my guy tests his shit before sending it back....
PS- did you have your eyes open on those shots?

Well, alls well that ends well. Marry Christmas 81SFO.

wnroscoe, your the fucking man, and will be my smith when the new builds start next summer.

My hats off to you.

Nick

I honestly just sat here for an hour and read this whole thread. Jose if you need a stock I'll give you a special deal. William, my hats off to you. Great job. 7mm and everyone else that helped out, this shows good on this site. What else is there to say.

I hadnt seen this before either, but I was perusing the gunsmithing section and JW's post had it high on the list and got my attention...just spent about an hour reading it all. That was awesome to see people chip in and help another member that got screwed.

Sh!t, I drop shipped a new Remington 700 SA from Brownells to Dan yesterday for an A1 with DD Ross A3 rail and bottom metal build. I HATE the A3 stock but wanted the rail and bottom metal. I know, I know, that's NOT an A1, or an A3. I just used that as a description of exactly what I <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> hoped <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> to get.. Maybe if GAP returned a call... I have left two voicemails and one email in the past month. I would love a Rock but I can't even imagine how long I'd have to wait. Although maybe George would trade a rebreather for a Rock or M40A1? I do have an extra one here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NH Forester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sh!t, I drop shipped a new Remington 700 SA from Brownells to Dan yesterday for an A1 with DD Ross A3 rail and bottom metal build. I HATE the A3 stock but wanted the rail and bottom metal. I know, I know, that's NOT an A1, or an A3. I just used that as a description of exactly what I <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> hoped <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> to get.. Maybe if GAP returned a call... I have left two voicemails and one email in the past month. I would love a Rock but I can't even imagine how long I'd have to wait. Although maybe George would trade a rebreather for a Rock or M40A1? I do have an extra one here. </div></div>

Random post of the day goes to....