• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my semi auto erotic obsession....

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka
gotcha. its really my sanford and son special, i think the stock may be too long. might get the shorter version. still need a few parts. its coming along. im going to use the sheet as a template for the camo. should be sweet. the badger is from an armalite. i need a new barrel block for dpms. badger is gonna make me one next run. not buying a barrel til then. ill get everything else

4667729835_dbf72527f6_b.jpg

Re: the other thing i have been scrounging for...

how many mm is that one?

CRAP...wrong section. could a mod move or delete this?

its a 7.62 DPMS. most of its used, the badger, the upper. i just need few more things before the barrel, but its close, like this next week. sold some stuff to fund this. 18" or 16" kreiger should be nice huh?

I like it axe, I hope to build an ar308 some day... hopefully soon.

Do you have an idea of what optics you are going to run on it?

not a clue. id like the ACOG with the 308 bdc but id need to luck into one used, cheap and in good shape. im waiting on a part from badger too. when its together ill see how it feels first. a nice compact 10x would be perfect. like a 3200 in mil/mil to match my bolt plus id like the same scope on a 10/22

Could put a super sniper on it...

thanks for mms. Is the loud big?

Here I was hoping the barrel was already in it and it was getting a suppressor for the SD look. Still looks great and I think the barrel and optic will visually balance the gun.

(Unless of course if you thought the LOP of the stock was too long, then by all means get the shorter one
smile.gif
)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CropShop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for mms. Is the loud big?</div></div>
LOL-WHUT?

yu dont now guns. stop yure try.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CropShop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yu dont now guns. stop yure try. </div></div>
You know we speak english here right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Google Translate - Auto Detect Language</div><div class="ubbcode-body">French to English translation

yu with guns now. try stop while <span style="font-weight: bold">intoxicated</span>.</div></div>
I think it got one part right
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oodin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Google Translate - Auto Detect Language</div><div class="ubbcode-body">French to English translation

yu with guns now. try stop while <span style="font-weight: bold">intoxicated</span>.</div></div>
I think it got one part right
wink.gif
</div></div>
I think I got the other part lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yu with guns now. try<span style="color: #FF0000"> typing</span> while intoxicated</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CropShop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for mms. Is the loud big? </div></div>

i think he has got you on this guys. he asked for the mms. 7.62. and i cant answer about how big the loud is yet, as i have no barrel yet. i am almost thinking about maybe possibly first getting a CCL or a C&R and then trying for a can. i know nothing about it, no idea of costs. whos can to use. whatever. just a thought.

cropshop-i follow you man

Lol at this thread.

Nice rifle Axe. Who cares if its in the wrong section
wink.gif

Hey don't look at me, I just used Google like I've been told and that's what it gave me, LOL.

ok i have a question. i know short barrels require a stamp. i know supressors require a stamp. and by stamp, i dont know if thats what everybody calls it, but a special permit is required for owning. so, if i had a short barrel and a pinned or welded supressor that made the barrel 18" overall. would that require both stamps? or will the extra length of the pinned can make it not an SBR? just curious

Seems like a waste of the suppressor's versatility to weld it on. Especially if you were to go with a .30 cal can with intent of using it on your .223 and other calibers.

You're asking about an integral suppressor and if the barrel is over 16" (for a rifle, federal law; not sure if Kansas is different) the weapon only needs one stamp. If the suppressor comes off readily and the barrel is less than 16" then it's a two stamp weapon. Look at this: Link 16" barrel with removable suppressor, 16" overall with suppressor attached, neat idea if you ask me.

yeah something like that, but i know nothing about the inter action of the gas guns need for a port and how integral i could get it. id start with a carbine gas port configuration instead of rifle. i know just one 30 cal can would fit everything i have as i am concentrating all my collection down to just .308/7.62 calibers. i have one ar15. and i see whats being said about the loss of use on other rifles i own. none are set up for that, but that can change.

if you wanna keep it .308 go down to 16 max. or else your just waisting money, because a nice ar15 will do everything a 12 inch barreled ar10 will do in civillian hands, unless you need a CQC weapon and your planning on shooting bad guys and need more stopping power, I dont think a sbr ar10 would be the way to go. JMO. That way it only requires one stamp for the suppressor and you can mount it on all your 30cal guns.

If you're just going to do .308's I have to agree with Savage110, just a threaded 16", no need to SBR it.

Carbine gas length in an 308 AR is just begging for trouble, stick with rifle length. Unless of course you prefer a cool look over actual functioning......

Several reputable companies put out .308 AR's with gas systems less than rifle length. I don't have any experience with them, but I can't imagine Noveske and Armalite staking their reputation on products that don't actually function.

Hell Lowlight himself runs 16" 308's, doesn't seem to have a problem:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">16" is a perfect number for an semi auto 308, its a solid shooter at 800 yards under just about any condition, provided you feed it right. </div></div>

Gas system and barrel length aren't the same thing. If you'll notice on Noveske and such that use the carbine length gas system they also use H3 buffers and other "tricks" to get function.
Its your money, and you are right manufacturers use it. If the dwell time is done right it can even work. Do not be suprised if your $3000 uber-cool rifle likes one load to function with however.
Then again, I'm just another guy with a keyboard, I most likely have no clue what I'm talking about......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then again, I'm just another guy with a keyboard, I most likely have no clue what I'm talking about...... </div></div>
We always run that risk, don't we, but I've read enough of your posts to know better.

I will openly admit that I know next to nothing about .308 AR's...yet, and will defer to those with more experience.

I also have to say I think that those "tricks" are perfectly fine on a fun or competition gun but I would want something more proven on a serious use gun. I don't think AXEMAN is asking about a serious use gun (but it would certainly NOT be the first time I was wrong) and so my recommendation still stands, with caveats, thanks to sobrbiker883.

one think i noticed was the DPMS SASS barrel is carbine gas system as are most of DPMS's 18" bulls. anything over that is cut down from the 24" rifle system barrels. the barrel will be the last thing i get. and really its not even a 308 yet is it? there could be some weird cartridge that would work better for a 16" dedicated supressed semi. ill look at the 16" kreiger from fulton. hard to imagine thats a rifle length gas system. ill call and see whats up.

i hear what your saying sober. and if i was to build it for looks, id still do whats needed to get it functioning 100%. ill talk with fulton monday about the 16" barrel.

A .260 or 6.5 Creedmore is where I'd be going in a large frame AR.....
I love the Stabilizer forearms.

wow. the 16" barrel is rifle position gas port. would have thought it was carbine. almost makes you think you could cut down any rifle barrel to 16"... is there a bigger gas port by a smidge? well i cant do anything til i get the mounting block for the badger so i can see what pops up. id run either rifle or carbine. im just barrel shopping/scrounging at the moment.

i was gonna go cheap dpms aluminum ff tube or a carbon fiber one, but this badger was for sale here in a guys junk pile of stuff. for weeks everything else slowly sold. i emailed, we struck a deal. its got more character in design, had a few marks on it. couldnt pass it up

ok what i was looking at is this possible outcome. the YHM can seems in the medium price range. i saw one .30 cal can for just under $300 and others for over the $700 that YHM wants. im not even close to looking, but a barrel with the quick mount phantom flash supressor thats pinned and 16.1" total length. i just cant get a 16" barrel with a rifle length gas port in my mind you know? mid length or carbine yeah. anyway, im still thinking, still looking

you guys know these guns better than i. what about a shorter barrel with a 16.1" length with the YHM QD mount pinned. rifle or mid length gas port. plans to run it like this with a YHM can (clueless about cans) is that too short? should i go 16" with the QD and say thats short enough? still spit balling ideas

ok i found a 16" carbine gas port and/or an 18" mid gas port polygonal rifled barrel. 1/11" twist. standard profile. 5/8"-24 threaded. $215. new. gonna try it out. extra $10 for black. $225 total. they are running them next weekish

Sounds good, don't forget to update the thread when it all comes together.

ok. i have 99% of the parts here. ok not quite 99%, but all i need is a BCG and a barrel. i hope to have this finished by my birthday this month. the barrel is 18" 3 groove polygonal rifling with a mid length gas port. black hole weaponry is making it.

anything wrong with this combo? the gas port on an 18" mid is 9" from the breech. the gas port on a rifle is 13" that may make using an adjustable gas block easier if i need to. any thoughts? i know if its set up right, i wont need the adj block, but i think i want a can for both of my 30 cal rifle. how will a can affect this barrel config?

im almost done...update soon.

550 JD Machine lower
65 DPMS parts kit
120 badger free float
155 ACE socom long stock
312 black hole barrel 18" rifle gas
3 groove poly, threaded w/ protector
50 JP adj gas block
12 gas tube
210 BCG-dpms
60 3 Pmags and flat wire recoil spring
20 charging handle
20 buffer
175 DMS-1

i think thats everything so far...

Looking good AXE, I have the 18" SASS barrel and yeah the gas system is carbine but I have never had any issues with mine. I prefer mid length on my semi autos for obvious reasons but the DPMS barrel has done better than I ever could have imagined. I get minus half moa if I am doing my part and that’s factory, fluted, cryod. Let us know how that barrel works for you. The ones you had mentioned were all good choices. Please post pics when done.

ok. 18" rifle gas mounted, sorta. i need a gas tube and my gas block is on the way. its missing a BCG and it weighs 12.75 lbs with a full 20 rnd Pmag crudely weighed. $1404 total. + $70 if i let someone assemble and function test the upper. i need a sling. its nice

4880803660_75b10859e5_z.jpg

the blue tape is so i can get a grip on the thread protector. i think some of the barrel coating is making it grab when its tightened all the way down. i used the tape to add grip. then tetra lubed and ive been working it to make it easier to take off.

i bought the DMS and got the mount free. im still gonna try a 10xSS on it too. then ill get a QD mount from someone. i like the 1-4x. i can see it being handy with a can on it. nose heavy bitch, but everything i build seems to be nose heavy

also, if you know the numbers for the BC caps for this scope, post it here please. ill grab my calipers

Nice setup brotha. And for quite a decent price too. So black hole weaponry huh? Looking forward to how it groups.

Axeman - love the template for the camo.

With the fried eggs (sorry..."over easy") I guess your main AO will be the diner?
laugh.gif

lol, took me a second, they look like eggs. its flowers of some sort. my grandmother had sheets galore tucked away. we found so much stuff after she passed, lol. i know what id like on the badger, i just gotta find a painter or decide on a photo for a dip. im unsure.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION ... COMING SOON, a JD snipers hide rebuild