• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship My "Weaponized Math" now called "GRAVITY BALLISTICS". NEW Worksheet Attached.

It’s used to dope a rifle, not act like an App, although an App is coming so you can use it that way with it.

you have a starting dope, the try, then you have an actual. You are walking it in but it’s less than .3 if you do it righT.

then that new actual is multiplied, when you are done, you have numbers to True your computer because they are PreTrued in one shot.

in a pinch you can use the multiplier but I would not at 1000 yards without some idea of your ballistics, especially using just a 300 yard number. If you were running 2850fps or higher you could trust the numbers better but not 2700fps numbers, they start to fall off inside 1000 so it will require more curve, the numbers aren’t that, but in the App coming you can change it for your rifle if you want.

we change the numbers for angles too, like in PA they have a 17 degree angle to 1000, gravity ballistics won’t work without changing the numbers to account for the change in gravity because of the angle.

it’s about context,

Reactions: Palehorse68
TRASOL says MV at 1,000 yards for that given DA is 1460 fps and try-dope should be 9.06. The ACTUAL dope I needed to hit my target was 8.8.
You can’t even answer the question I asked, which was, what is the MV at 1000 yards, the left over number, you already posted your dope, 9 is not fast. Hell, Sparky her just doped her rifle with it and it was 6.2, that fast.

You can’t even answer the question I asked, which was, what is the MV at 1000 yards

My muzzle velocity is the same at 1,000 yards as it is at 100 yards. What are you asking? Do you want to know my muzzle velocity? Or are you asking what my bullet's velocity is at 1,000 yards? It makes no sense to ask what muzzle velocity is at 1,000 yards or muzzle velocity at 700 yards. Or muzzle velocity at 865 yards.

My muzzle velocity is 2669 fps.

Time to put your whisky down.

Last edited:
Here, look at your numbers if you did it correctly

7.3 x 1.22 = 8.9

you would have been .1 high

Right. I said that already.

You answered the question—you're releasing an app that will allows you to estimate/project DOPE using this method. But the worksheet isn't meant for that. Got it.

You are not a smart man, your muzzle velocity bleeds off,

2669 is not fast, at 1000 yards that around 1200fps, maybe less, hence the road to subsonic, where you begin to drop quicker so the math is not the same with a load like that past 800. That is what I am trying to convey so I can explain why you are seeing an issue past 800 if you don’t do the math each yard line with an actual hit number, vs a predicted number

I can’t be any clearer

Reactions: kilizyrag
You are not a smart man, your muzzle velocity bleeds off,

2669 is not fast, at 1000 yards that around 1200fps, maybe less, hence the road to subsonic, where you begin to drop quicker so the math is not the same with a load like that past 800. That is what I am trying to convey so I can explain why you are seeing an issue past 800 if you don’t do the math each yard line with an actual hit number, vs a predicted number

I can’t be any clearer

I understand what you're saying Frank. I never claimed my MV was fast. Yes, 2669 is slow. I wish it were faster, but that's what I got with this barrel. So it is what it is.

What I don't like is your insults. Lose the attitude. You wouldn't talk this way to me in person if I were taking one of your classes. I don't understand why you're acting like such an asshole. I've been a contributing member here for many years. Almost a decade. And suddenly you're throwing insults at me? WTF.

Reactions: Pomyluy
200 Yards / DA: 1140 — 0.48 (0.5)
300 Yards / DA: 1300 — 1.2 (1.2)
425 Yards / DA: 1600 — 2.26 (2.3)
500 Yards / DA: 1200 — 2.97 (3)
600 Yards / DA: 1640 — 3.98 (4)
800 Yards / DA: 1900 — 6.31 (6)
900 Yards / DA: 2300 — 7.61 (7.3)
1000 Yards / DA: 2400 — 9.06 (8.8)
Put the electronics away. You will mess with that after you leave the firing line.
Follow the process.

You take your ACTUAL 800 yard dope, which is 6 correct?
Multiply that by the 8-9 hundred multiplier, which is 1.24.
So 6x1.24=7.4 TRY DOPE for 900.

You hit .1 high with an actual dope of 7.3

Take the 900 yard actual data of 7.3 times the next multiplier of 1.22.
7.3x1.22=8.9 TRY DOPE for 1000.

Your actual 1000 yard dope is 8.8

Like Frank said you would be .1 off.

Reactions: FourT6and2
Yep, I get it. Spoke to @_Windrider_ on the phone and cleared it up with some missing context for this worksheet. I'll be at a range on Thursday that goes out to 1500 yards with plates every 50 yards and will try this worksheet from scratch without the apps

Anybody want any 🍿?

Dude it’s literally a way (like rule of thumb between yard lines) to take any of the common precision rifle cartridges and get good hard dope to 1k with a box or two of ammo.

Shoot, adjust a tenth or two to true up actual, run the next yard line X-factor for try dope to get you on steel, adjust to actual and repeat.

No shit it doesn’t line up the way you did it, there’s a small error per yard line you’re supposed to correct for along the way.

Anybody want any 🍿?

Dude it’s literally a way (like rule of thumb between yard lines) to take any of the common precision rifle cartridges and get good hard dope to 1k with a box or two of ammo.

Shoot, adjust a tenth or two to true up actual, run the next yard line X-factor for try dope to get you on steel, adjust to actual and repeat.

No shit it doesn’t line up the way you did it, there’s a small error per yard line you’re supposed to correct for along the way.

Show's over. You're gonna have to eat that popcorn all by yourself.

Hey thanks Mark, Frank, and Chris for sharing and demonstrating this. Easy enough to test this all out while shooting out to distance. It should help out greatly while hunting coyotes once I update my rangefinder.

The App hit the test flight area just now, so it’s moving forward quickly

IMG_0121.jpeg

Show's over. You're gonna have to eat that popcorn all by yourself.
I want you to understand how this system works - so here is what your work sheet should have looked like. Red is your Pen on paper at the range. Gravity ballistics was very close to what you needed and worked exactly like it shoot if we use it correctly. Adjusting for the 425 target is important. Skipping the 700yd target will double the error but still within 0.5mil.

1699386803554.png

Last edited:
I have my first dialing scope on the way and am trying to learn this stuff to put into practice and gather true dope for my rifle. I know the first post says it works with any bullet, mov ect but there are a couple references further in the post mentioning that this works for any common long range cartridge. I’m shooting winchester m193 5.56 out of a 16” ar. I know that round drops off drastically well before 1000, but is this still applicable enough to be a good starting point for data gathering or am I better off using a ballistic app as a baseline?

Edit: Winchester says muzzle velocity is 3180. I have no way to test it

Last edited:
It will work.
You may have to compensate a little more at the longer ranges. Meaning you will have to add an extra .1 or .2 mil To your solution.

Too 600 it will work fine as noted you might have to add a tenth or 3 past 400 extra but it will still work as far as you can accurately engage.

I have taken AR out to 1000 with it, but be prepared it will need more elevation than the math gives after 600 for sure. But the pattern will be apparent, it will go, 1.4, 1.8, etc in drop vs 1.2, 1.4, 1.6.

Reactions: xsn10s
Too 600 it will work fine as noted you might have to add a tenth or 3 past 400 extra but it will still work as far as you can accurately engage.

I have taken AR out to 1000 with it, but be prepared it will need more elevation than the math gives after 600 for sure. But the pattern will be apparent, it will go, 1.4, 1.8, etc in drop vs 1.2, 1.4, 1.6.
I'll test it out of my AR this winter at the range. And then this spring while hunting yotes when elk season is over. I can't wait!

PAC 2023-186.jpeg

We had this one out to 1000 yards with Gravity Ballistics, the second day of training he hit 1st round at 1k, you just have to make sure you are driving it right and using the right bullets for longer distances

That plinking ammo is not it, you have to use good stuff

Reactions: Makinchips208
Where talking Trigger Control, trigger, trigger, trigger with that platform

I have a ton to learn just in fundamentals. Guns are not new to me but accurate shooting past 100 yards is, along with dialing turrets, ballistics trajectories ect. I now live by a range that has steel to 800. I’ve got a NF 2.5-10 and a shooting bag on the way. Trying to familiarize with all the math now so that when it gets here I can try to focus on fundamentals at the range. Do you think having just a bag and no bipod will hinder my learning? I don’t want to be creating bad habits from not having the correct tools, but am also of the train of thought that I shouldn’t “need” all the thing to shoot accurately. My goal is to make accurate first shot hits on 6x12 steel out to 600 in any supported position, in any weather using DOPE I’ve gathered with paper and pen

Last edited:
I've used Weaponized math for two years now and it's always been spot on. There's days when the environmentals have changed so much I can't get on steel and I have to go back to 300 and start again. I'm at sea level in Alaska and on a good summer day I might get a +150 ft AD but by winter and at -10f it could drop down to -6500 ft AD. It's a great tool to use to true your ballistic calculator.