• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship My "Weaponized Math" now called "GRAVITY BALLISTICS". NEW Worksheet Attached.

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant Taylor
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 10, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    SIMPLE
    * Could not be more effective or efficient
    Move from 200 yards to 1000 yards with less than a box of ammo.
    * Needs NO INPUTS - Just your DATA at 200 yards to get started. Mil or MOA.
    * Doesn't care what your M/V is...
    * Doesn't care what your bullet weighs or what your BC is...
    * Doesn't care about your twist rate...

Gravity acts the same on all objects, therefore I created a multiplier that you use to get a center strike at the next yard line.
    Confirm it - Do the simple math - Move on to the next yard line.

Read it like you see it - NEAR to FAR
    * Your data card should look like the range you are shooting - NEAR to FAR
    Easier to remember that way, and to progress predictably.

Understand that your ballistic solver is not trued until you true it to actual data. It is merely a suggestion. Gravity Ballistics is a HIT at the next yard line.

I am Marc Taylor and I fix problems you don't know you have. Come see Frank and I at Sniper's Hide Precision Rifle Course and let us make you more PREDICTABLE, REPEATABLE, PRECISE AND ACCURATE.

Enjoy

Image 7-16-23 at 9.30 AM.jpg

Attachments

• GRAVITY BALLISTICS WORKSHEET.pdf
      95.1 KB · Views: 1,343
    It works guys and gals, Taylor asked my 600yd 300 Norma data at dinner one night and literally a minute later with no other information he spits out my 1000yd dope on the money. Know your data and know the Gravity Ballastics(though it’ll always be Weaponized Math to me).

Will this work for guys like me who lost a t****cle when my protective cup failed during a kick boxing match? Let me know if you need to know which t****cle it was...

Humor aside- this looks like an easy to use and reliable system.

Last edited:
    I don't suppose this works with moa and meters at all?
    it could but you would have to do the conversions. its not hard to figure out. A little math to figure out some percentages and tweek the x factor and it would work.
    multiply each x factor by 1.09 maybe.

300 meter try is 200 meter actual times 2.18 (instead of 2.0)
    400 meter is 300 actual x 1.9 (instead of 1.75)
    etc etc

youre on your own with the MOA stuff though. mils are the future.

Reactions: Neil84 and Baron23
    It should work fine with meters because we are dealing with constants
    Im keen to try this, will report back

Reactions: Neil84
    Thanks heaps for the feeds back guys. It’s greatly appreciated, I’ve noted the adjustments and next time I’m out I’ll sure try it. With everything that’s happening I can see mils is the way. This is for my hunting rifle which I’m not to worried about but still want to be as efficient and train with her and her amazing 308 wind bucking abilities lol 😆

Thanks @Enough Said for the PDFs. Good training aid.

How does one figure out a different distance which is not listed. Lets say i doped my data out to 800m, as Chris did in the video. He then wants to hit a target at 487m. Do you have a defined process or method ?
    This example would have verified dope for 400 and 500m distances.

Thanks !

Yep, we just need to know what the constants are for metres.

Paging someone smarter than me .... @Jack Master?

Please see the post linked below. The constants are the same for Meters as Yards. We do not need new ones for meters.

If you REEEEALLLYY wanted them they are shown below in the metric "Multiplier" column but the change is so small its within the error limits.

I've checked if we need a Metric Version. Below is a short table to show you that if you use Meters rather than Yards for distance the multipliers do not change (or change enough to matter) If you use our standard poster/table and system and just use Meters rather then Yards for distance, it will work.

1673974007220.png

This makes sense if you think about the system. The Multiplier is a relationship of flight time and distance and is unitless.
    If we put in 200 Yard or meters increments (200-400-600-800...) from 0-2000yds the Multipliers change by less then 5% (0.05) At these ranges this is pretty darn close for a guess at doping your rifle out.

1673974754090.png

Thanks @Enough Said for the PDFs. Good training aid.

How does one figure out a different distance which is not listed. Lets say i doped my data out to 800m, as Chris did in the video. He then wants to hit a target at 487m. Do you have a defined process or method ?
    This example would have verified dope for 400 and 500m distances.

Thanks !

Ice
    Check out this article about alteranate range Gravity Ballistics (Weapoized Math)
    https://www.snipershide.com/precision-rifle/alternate-range-weaponized-math/

This is a list of the X-Factor to go from range to range. In your example you would take yout 400m dope and multiply by 1.4. (interpolated from between 1.34-1.45 show in the table below)

X-Factor - Data.PNG

Last edited:
    Reactions: iceng and Neil84
    Hello Everyone. I'm a metric shooter (MIL, mt) and about multipliers I found this: from value in MIL at 200 mt - to find 300 mt use 2,40 as constant to multiply for; for 300-400 use 1,83; 400-500 use 1,45; 500-600 use1,38; 600-700 use 1,30; 700-800 use 1,25; 800-900 use 1,24; 900-1000 use 1,22; 1000-1100 mt use 1,20. I try them on my 308Win and 6,5 Creedmoor, and with ballistics they work. I will try on shooting range, but I'm quite sure that will be the same (-/+ 0.1 as said). I hope this could be useful.

Hello Everyone. I'm a metric shooter (MIL, mt) and about multipliers I found this: from value in MIL at 200 mt - to find 300 mt use 2,40 as constant to multiply for; for 300-400 use 1,83; 400-500 use 1,45; 500-600 use1,38; 600-700 use 1,30; 700-800 use 1,25; 800-900 use 1,24; 900-1000 use 1,22; 1000-1100 mt use 1,20. I try them on my 308Win and 6,5 Creedmoor, and with ballistics they work. I will try on shooting range, but I'm quite sure that will be the same (-/+ 0.1 as said). I hope this could be useful.
    Thanks but this wheel doesn’t need reinventing.
    .1 or 1/3 MOA is meaningless but thanks for your input.
    The sheet, as designed, will serve you well and has the verification of hundreds of students’ data.

Press - Break - Freeze

Taylor

Reactions: Makinchips208
    Thanks but this wheel doesn’t need reinventing.
    .1 or 1/3 MOA is meaningless but thanks for your input.
    The sheet, as designed, will serve you well and has the verification of hundreds of students’ data.

Press - Break - Freeze

Taylor

Reactions: Fenix
    I was fortunate to have a 3 day class with Taylor, and Frank, and while I only had a lowly 6mm Creedmoor, this math absolutely works.

So simple and elegant. Worth the price of admission.

@Enough Said - Hi Marc, hope you are well.

I rather like the table that Jack Master posted above and I have your updated worksheet for the Sep clinic at Mifflin.

As we know, we shoot uphill at Mifflin, in particularly from what...about 700 yards and out??... therefore our dope from the math were a bit high.

But, if we LRF and get the horizontal distance (like most LRF can do) and use Jack's sheet for multipliers at ranges other than on the even 100, if that would work out. Be interesting to at least compare the straight weaponized math results with those based on horizontal ranges.

Cheers and travel safe. I'm very much looking forward to another great time in PA.

@Enough Said - Hi Marc, hope you are well.

I rather like the table that Jack Master posted above and I have your updated worksheet for the Sep clinic at Mifflin.

As we know, we shoot uphill at Mifflin, in particularly from what...about 700 yards and out??... therefore our dope from the math were a bit high.

But, if we LRF and get the horizontal distance (like most LRF can do) and use Jack's sheet for multipliers at ranges other than on the even 100, if that would work out. Be interesting to at least compare the straight weaponized math results with those based on horizontal ranges.

Cheers and travel safe. I'm very much looking forward to another great time in PA.
    I have a sheet designed just for Mifflin with the angle drop built in. You used that last year and it was first-round hits for all.
    See you at the yearly reunion. LOL

• Love
    Reactions: Baron23
    I had a preview of the Gravity Ballistics App today, wow.

Super simple, this change will be great for shooters, do your Gravity Ballistics to dope the rifle then the data can true your preferred App for traveling, If you never travel this will work perfectly for your home range.

For the Inclined Shooter, you can adjust the numbers for angles, so for places like Pala or Mifflin you can adjust the numbers.

Do you have an approximate release date for the app? Looking forward to getting that.

It's 90% done; it will be ready in short order.

Probably by December 1st, if not sooner... they are adding a Gravity Ballistics Page to the Site, and I am bringing the PrecisionRifleTraining.Net site here, so it's not separated, and we are changing the Video / Realms for the training videos and new channels; basically, the Lives and Other Video features are getting modified.

But I have a whole new training program getting ready to launch to include the Offline Training. New methods: we have Kraft Easy Wind coming, which is like Gravity Ballistics only for wind, a simple 3-step process with equally as small numbers. Chris cracked the wind code like Marc cracked elevation. I even did a new Powerpoint for my class, so it's almost cut in 1/2.

This is fantastic news. Thank you for all your hard work.

Will it work at odd distance’s, the farm I have access to is rolling and I can’t get even 100’s or do I split the difference like you mention in the podcast?

Will it work at odd distance’s, the farm I have access to is rolling and I can’t get even 100’s or do I split the difference like you mention in the podcast?
    You can easily interpolate. These aren’t real numbers but let’s say 500 is a 3.5 multiplier and 600 is 4.75. You could add .6 to 3.5 for 550.

And remember, all this gives you is try dope…you still need to shoot to confirm or adjust with actual dope being input for try dope at the next distance.

Remember This in Mils

.1 X 10 = 1 Mil

10x10 = 100

If you have you have a target at 560 you can just add .6, it's .1 mil per 10 yards... like the guys above said, if you use the "Drop Column and look, you'll know, you have .8 between 400 and 500, so it's .4 to 450, 480 would be like .7, but in places it's 1 mil between, super easy 1-10, 10 - 100 yards.

MOA is 25 yards per 1 MOA, so 50 more yards is add 2 MOA, 75 is add 3 MOA

Reactions: Baron23 and Neil84
    Good stuff

Should be awesome. Really looking forward to using the wind reading help.

It kinda works and makes sense, but not out to 1,000 yards for me. For example, this past weekend I shot at 200, 300, 425, 500, 600, 800, 900, and 1,000. And I got real-world come-ups. At 300 yards, my come-up was 1.2 MIL. If I follow this worksheet out to 1,000 it spits out 10.5 MIL. But real-world come-up was 8.8 MIL. If I dialed 10.5 and shot, I would be more than 44 inches over my target.

Why?

I'm guessing environmentals. At my range, the temp swings about 30 degrees over the course of the morning and by the time I'm shooting at 1,000 yards it went from 48 degrees to 75 degrees. When we started shooting in the morning, DA was negative. Like -600. By the time we were at 1,000 yards, DA was 2400. But even using the environmental data from when I shot at 300 yards, 1,000-yard come-up would still only be 9 MIL. 10.5 just doesn't make sense. Unless I'm not understanding this method...

Here was my real-world data, including DA and try vs (actual) using TRASOL:

200 Yards / DA: 1140 — 0.48 (0.5)
    300 Yards / DA: 1300 — 1.2 (1.2)
    425 Yards / DA: 1600 — 2.26 (2.3)
    500 Yards / DA: 1200 — 2.97 (3)
    600 Yards / DA: 1640 — 3.98 (4)
    800 Yards / DA: 1900 — 6.31 (6)
    900 Yards / DA: 2300 — 7.61 (7.3)
    1000 Yards / DA: 2400 — 9.06 (8.8)

You werent truing as you went and I would bet there are more than just a few issues, this works much closer to this, my guess is your MV is low, so after 800 it falls off harder, hence 9 Mils,

but it does not appear you followed it right which is hard cause it pre-trues as you go out unless your MV is low, then you need to know ballistics better cuz it will fall off

and doing it alongside an app seems wrong, how is the App fed if this isn’t ?

Reactions: Baron23
    You werent truing as you went and I would bet there are more than just a few issues
    I'll try it in real-time this Thursday at a range that has steel out to 1,500 yards, every 50 yards and see if it matches up better.

my guess is your MV is low, so after 800 it falls off harder, hence 9 Mils,
    I think you have it backward with the MV? I needed LESS elevation after 800, not more. My rounds are flying FLATTER than my calculator suggests. The number in parentheses is the actual come-up, not the try-data.

but it does not appear you followed it right which is hard cause it pre-trues as you go out unless your MV is low, then you need to know ballistics better cuz it will fall off

I'm simply doing the worksheet after the fact and referring back to my actual, real-world data to see if it would have worked.

In the real world, I needed 8.8 mil at 1,000 yards. If I used the worksheet, it tells me 10.5 mils.

If I plug my real-world/actual numbers in for each separate field in the worksheet, the numbers match up better. So I guess this worksheet is only in case you don't have a ballistic calc./app at your disposal AND you are able to walk your shots on target? I guess I don't see the point because anybody can walk their shots in, worksheet or no worksheet. App or no app.

and doing it alongside an app seems wrong, how is the App fed if this isn’t ?

Not sure what you mean.

Last edited:
    You don’t understand the process and are completely doing it wrong

You true as you go, hence it says Try and then Actual, it adjusts to the facts on the ground

I am not even reading the rest of what you wrote, the first paragraph said you did it wrong or in a way to be expected to be off at distance

You do this while shooting to hit and adjust fixing every yard line as you go quickly.

Why would I true as I go? Isn't the point of shooting to get hits on target the first time? Anybody can walk a round on target... Don't need a worksheet for that. And I think you have it backward with the MV. I needed LESS elevation after 800, not more. My rounds are flying FLATTER than the calculator suggests. The number in parentheses is the actual come-up, not the number from the app/worksheet.

I'm going to try it in-situ. this Thursday at a range that has steel out to 1,500 yards, every 50 yards.

————————————

I'm simply doing the worksheet after the fact and referring back to my actual, real-world data to see if it would have worked.

In the real world, I needed 8.8 mil at 1,000 yards. If I used the worksheet, it tells me 10.5 mils.

BUT... there was a large time difference between when I shot at 200/300 yards and when I shot at 1,000. And with that time difference, there was a large change in DA. So if I use the same DA as when I shot at 200 yards, the corresponding 1,000-yard come-up would have been closer to 9-9.2 mils. But still nothing close to 10.5...

I gotta be missing something because this worksheet makes no sense to me. My DOPE at 200 = 0.5 mil. My dope at 300 = 1.2 mil. So using those numbers in the worksheet, the results out at 800, 900, 1000 yards make zero sense. My ballistic calculator, however, gives me better numbers. So I can understand this worksheet being ok in a pinch, like the guy in the video said. If your calculator goes out or you lose it or something, maybe this worksheet will get you kinda close? But for me, the numbers it gave are like 30-50 inches off at distance.
    Dude, you take the 300 yard try dope, then shoot and determine your actual dope at 300 yds, then THAT actual 300 yd dope gets input to the multiplier for your 400 yard try dope. Then you shoot to get 400 actual and that's the input to multiplier to determine your 500 yard try dope, etc, etc, etc. Then you keep the piece of paper and use that. See?

And I agree...WTF does Trasol have to do with it.

Dude, you take the 300 yard try dope, then shoot and determine your actual dope at 300 yds, then THAT actual 300 yd dope gets input to the multiplier for your 400 yard try dope. Then you shoot to get 400 actual and that's the input to multiplier to determine your 500 yard try dope, etc, etc, etc. Then you keep the piece of paper and use that. See?

And I agree...WTF does Trasol have to do with it.

I guess I just don't see the point of this worksheet? You walk your shots onto targets in case you don't have a ballistic app/calc. with you? Battery goes dead or something?

In his defense, if you want to drop a number in and go… 600 is better.

also the app once it drops very soon will allow you to put a random range in and calculate around, but until tested it’s still try dope, and shorter barrels or lower muzzle velocity will always require a bit extra at the longer ranges, that part of understanding ballistics. It fell off to 10.5 vs 9 because the velocity dropped off quicker saying it’s below optimal. an1.2 at 300 is not very fast, what does TRASOL say the MV is at 1000 yards ?

I guess I just don't see the point of this worksheet? You walk your shots onto targets in case you don't have a ballistic app/calc. with you? Battery goes dead or something?
    you completely have no clue - lost is a word and you own every bit of it

we do this worksheet every class and it goes flawless and have been for 5 years, I just renamed it. That’s a clue

you completely have no clue - lost is a word and you own every bit of it

we do this worksheet every class and it goes flawless and have been for 5 years, I just renamed it. That’s a clue

Maybe. Seems to me you're just not willing to explain it and you're getting frustrated.

In his defense, if you want to drop a number in and go… 600 is better.

also the app once it drops very soon will allow you to put a random range in and calculate around, but until tested it’s still try dope, and shorter barrels or lower muzzle velocity will always require a bit extra at the longer ranges, that part of understanding ballistics. It fell off to 10.5 vs 9 because the velocity dropped off quicker saying it’s below optimal. an1.2 at 300 is not very fast, what does TRASOL say the MV is at 1000 yards ?

TRASOL says MV at 1,000 yards for that given DA is 1460 fps and try-dope should be 9.06. The ACTUAL dope I needed to hit my target was 8.8. If I use the worksheet to enter my actual verified DOPE in for each field, it says try-dope for 1,000 yards is 8.9. Very close. Great.

So the point is to use this worksheet if you don't have a ballistic calc. or something?

Last edited: