• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Nastiest lil coyote I've ever shot.

Trevor300wsm

Team Pantydropper
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Ive shot alot of yotes, but none as nasty and in as bad of shape as this lil critter. I was sittin on my clear cut (my second home since rifle season opened) and this one come walking up out of the woods and began to skirt the pond bank. I was setup prone about 200yds away in full camo so he never knew I was around. I noticed in the scope he was mangy and had a noticeable limp on his back leg. It was gettin dark and didn't figure I was going to see anything else, so I popped him at 198yds. He dropped right there. Score one more to the 6.5x47L!
a2a89f3b.jpg

90914a81.jpg

Re: Nastiest lil coyote I've ever shot.

Sorry Trevor, but I got this one beat. It is also an Oklahoma coyote / chupacabra

6mmSPCHuntDayOne005.jpg

Nice. I'd rather hunt yotes than deer. Should have my first 6.5x47L up and running by next weekend.

Damn ARP!!
That is one nasty critter!!
Yeah you got me beat for sure with that one. I've seen a coupe with bad mange, but not that we're 100% hairless nose to tail.

There was a tick on this coyote that had more hair than the coyote did
smile.gif

poor basturd, the mange will kill them, he is lucky you got to him first.

+1 on those ugly mofo. What load were you using on your 6.5x47
mine is getting started this week.

Trevor, we shoot dogs like that way to often, but luckily, they are becoming more and more scarce.
ARP, that is beyond nasty, I would have been taking a picture of that from a distance. Maybe go back later with some chemical, perhaps a biohazzard suit, and then get that ugly bitch mounted. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a tick on this coyote that had more hair than the coyote did
smile.gif
</div></div>

funny shit right there !

I killed one that looked like ARPredatorHunter's several years ago. He had one small tuft of hair on his butt, and one on the tip of his tail. He was terrorizing the local golf course in his sick, weakened state! Shot him out the window of the Patrol car with my .22 Hornet at a little over a hundred yards. Told the grounds guys they would have to remove him, I wasn't touching him! Everything I've shot in the last two years has been really nice. Our rough winters seem to have put the mange down for now.
CKruse

Gotta give it to the yotes for natural camouflage...blends in pretty darn well with the ground.

ARP, That is one nasty looking dog. They don't make it that far up here, the winter usually takes them pretty quick.

xdeano

Those are some really ugly critters.