• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

ND3X50 Laser Genetics

shooter6.5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
Bedford,Texas
I have looked on here for personal info. But find none for this product.

Anyone have any personal experience with this product. I have some pretty good optics and would be interested in this if it works as advertised. Mostly for pig hunting.

Any personal experience here with this lite?

Re: ND3X50 Laser Genetics

Haven't bought one because:

1. Can't spotlight in ND
frown.gif

2. Doesn't work when it's cold (like 32ºF), so it's a no-go here in winter even if we could spotlight.

Here's someones review. Not the exact same model, but it gives you an idea.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/laser-genetics-genisys-nd3-large-pics-47421.html

I have some detailed info in another thread here. Use the searchy. It addressed the use of the device to shoot targets out to 600Y. That's all the distance I had.

But adding to that post, I have now used the ND3x50 out to 1026Y, having just come back from teaching a class. I didn't shoot at that distance, but in the dark we had guys on glass and it worked GREAT at that distance. Nobody had any issue at all to 1026Y with everyone plainly indicating that they could have engaged that target.

There were a pile of rocks up the mountain that lased out at 1762. We tightened the beam all the way up, and it reached that far. Definitely clear enough to shoot with. I shit you not. This thing will illuminate stuff more than a mile away. Enough to pick it up in the scope reticle.

I haven't wintered with it. I will try the hand warmer trick that the manual recommends.

--Fargo007

I bought the prior model (not 50mm) primarily for shits and grins since I can't hunt with it in CA. It's just plain fun to play with.

I ended up mounting it on a home defense rifle. The theory is that if a little laser scares criminals, then this will make them crap their pants
smile.gif

--Rootshot

Luckily, we reside in the great state of Texas and spotlighting for varmints is legal.

The lights work as advertised the only issue is if the beam is too tight it will spook game. I was told by the manufacturer the new models have addressed the cold weather problem.

Taking rabbits, yotes, foxes and coons out to 300 is no problem, the light is very bright and the green is picked up well in the scope.

Hey chaps,

My friend and I have been using an nd3x50 for the past 3months now
For shooting steel after dark.. As others have said, absolutely no problem lighting targets up out to 1k.

It helps to have the steel plates (or whatever) sprayed White,
We started out with grey plates but after 550yrds they start to blend in with the background.. White targets are no problem.

The adjustable mount is pretty rubbish, the recoil from .308 throws the laser off your line of sight each shot.. So for target work the laser wants to be mounted on a camera tripod.. And it's PERFECT.

A little tip.. If your using it for target work at night, anything over 500yrds
Is hard to see by naked eye in the laser (because you have it tightened up on a pencil-beam)
This makes it tricky to set the laser up on target without someone sighting you in looking thru a scope.. SOLUTION..
Get some hi visibility reflective tape, (or similar)
And stick it somewhere on/next to your target..
So when your moving the laser onto target, your naked eye can pick up the bright reflection (like cats eyes in a lamp) and you know your on/close to the target!!!
Very useful when it's pitch black outside!! We are often still shooting steel past midnight
smile.gif

^^^ cold weather (subzero) model isn't available yet here in UK,
But the only difference is an insulated battery compartment.

Keep the batteries insulated and keep shooting.
We have only changed the batteries ONCE in the 3months, and that night it dropped down to freezing point, and the laser died after 30mins.

We put fresh batteries in, stuck a glove over the battery tube and carried on, and we are still using those same batteries.

Get the SUBZERO if you can, but improvise if you can't!

(this is based on our personal experience so far.. We havnt used one thru winter months yet.. But we have hand-warmers ready to tape onto it
wink.gif
)