• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with speeding ticket

Re: Need help with speeding ticket

In addition to your pictures you may want to print images from Google maps/Google Earth and or Bing Maps (BirdsEye) indicate the vehicle's relationship to each other and the posted signs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B101ABN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Spouting off that bullshit is stupid,
</div></div>

No. Taking a clearly sarcastic post seriously is stupid.

Well just got back from talking with the chief of police.

Basically when I told him what happened he just looked at me and said I'll drop it.

BOOM! Happy New Year fellas!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These guys are making this way more difficult than it needs to be. This is how you do it son:

Don't shower or shave for 3 days, show up to court drunk, and just tell the judge the pig is full of shit and crooked like all the rest of the people that enforce bullshit laws. Be sure to tell the judge that he has no right to tell you to obey anything because our president isn't a U.S. citizen.

It works every time. </div></div>

Congrats.

I still think my approach is better.

You would have to check the vehicle code in Texas. It looks like you got caught with roving/moving radar. Some states only permit stationary radar use. These radar devices have to be calibrated usually every 30, 60 or 90 days or so and evidence of that would have to be presented in Court. The vehicle code should allow for certain minimum distance radar can be used when going through reduced speed zones. A simple mistake on a traffic citation in most all states will not get it thrown out unless you can prove the mistake is prejudicial towards you in some way. PAT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stungib</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well just got back from talking with the chief of police.

Basically when I told him what happened he just looked at me and said I'll drop it.

BOOM! Happy New Year fellas! </div></div>
NICE!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stungib</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well just got back from talking with the chief of police.

BOOM! Happy New Year fellas! </div></div>

Congrats! But follow up on it though. If he forgets to do it or is delayed for some reason it could prove unpleasant...

Good Joke, Good fun.
The Governments are hurting for money.
I was stopped by a Nebraska State patrolman south of Sidney about three weeks ago for 3 mph over the posted speed limit of 60 MPH.
I, quite frankly, was amazed that that was the charge and told that puffed up prick that I could not beleive that he would waste his time on a ticket for 3 MPH over the speed limit.
I told him to,"Don't tell me about it, just do it. Be sure to put a court date on that ticket and I will be there."
He is a cocky little prick and knew I lived within the area and would show up in court to fight it so he gave me my registration and liscence back and told me to go on my way, but don't speed.
How many speeding tickets has he written to Colo. people that have gone over the state line where Colo. is 65 to Neb. where it is 60 and they didn't slow down? and just sent the fine in?
I had slowed down, however, when your truck is coasting down a downhill section of road and goes over the limit by 3 you get stopped.
Had I not slowed down from 65 to 60 my speed would have been around 68 and I would have been guilty of speeding.
Cruise control is not that accurate. plus or minus 3 MPH.
Makes me love those Patrolmen.
I am sure that when he gets home his Mother will come out from under the porch and bite him on his leg.
Regards, FM

A lot of times these guys are directed to produce these results. Of course, it doesn't help things if he was a prick, as you say. The few times I have been pulled over, it was pretty flagrant on my part, but I usually say that yep, I wasn't paying attention or, ya got me. Two of the three times in the last six years this has happened I got a verbal warning, the other time it was a ticket that was at a reduced speed (15 mph over vs. 21 over, saved me a lot of money).

So it's not necessarily their fault, but I agree they don't have to enjoy the process. That usually ends up eroding their support.

You might simply try appearing on your arraignment date(your 1st ct appearance)stand up when your case is called and ask to talk to the city atty at the break. Be courteous and explain the situation. Most prosecutors appreciat courtesy and will give you a break. If that doesn't work when your case is called ask for time to hire an attorney and the court will either reschedule for you to hire an attorney or set it at alater date for trial. coming on strong generally will get you a bigger fine.
you can catch more flies with honey than you can wih sour cream. Remember, your playing in their ballpark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HC260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might simply try appearing on your arraignment date(your 1st ct appearance)stand up when your case is called and ask to talk to the city atty at the break. Be courteous and explain the situation. Most prosecutors appreciat courtesy and will give you a break. If that doesn't work when your case is called ask for time to hire an attorney and the court will either reschedule for you to hire an attorney or set it at alater date for trial. coming on strong generally will get you a bigger fine.
you can catch more flies with honey than you can wih sour cream. Remember, your playing in their ballpark </div></div>

This! Also you could do a freedom of information request and get the squad car video from the incident and then go out and photograph/video the "Speed Limit 60" sign and then where it was the you were pulled over.

If you'll scroll up about nine posts, you'll see that the matter has been resolved.

Stopping somebody for 3 over isnt worth my effort since I can sit here and get em at 10-15 over all day long

Yeah, well texas does allow radar moving or stationary.

your best bet is to go to court, don't just pay it off.
They will at least reduce it once your there.

Or you can just use my personal defense tactic for court.

IT'S CAUSE I'M WHITE!!!