• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Needing a good Smith!!!

leatherman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Hey guys just took one of my new 223 builds out to the range, shot great, but had a problem feeding the round into the chamber from the seekins 223 DBM. Once chambered extraction was great.

Heres specs:
Phoenix Action cut for the Seekins 223DBM
Rock M24 Con
manners stock MSCT1A
Tunned Rem trigger.

Seems the feedramp is angled ok, but the round is not being fully picked up by the bolt, and pushing the round into the lug area of the chamber, now I'm no gun smith but that is what it apears to me.

Any SMITH out there close to Tulsa be willing to fix this problem or hove the time to fix it?

Thanks

Re: Needing a good Smith!!!

You may have to tweak the feed lips in your magazine to let the round come up a little higher. Not too much though, a little goes a long way.

So open them up or push them down a little? O pich them together maybe a little?

Thanks for the responce, man I wish you were closer and I would just send you the rifle.

Also looks like theres a little bit of a gapbetween the feed ramp and the end of the box mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leatherman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also looks like theres a little bit of a gapbetween the feed ramp and the end of the box mag. </div></div>

That probably won't hurt anything. Sounds like Mr Roscoe has it exactly right. Certainly the place to start.

Will give it a try, but I think I;m going to send it to Beanland and have him look at it.

Thanks guys for the info and sugestions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leatherman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will give it a try, but I think I;m going to send it to Beanland and have him look at it.

Thanks guys for the info and sugestions. </div></div>

Beanland is the man for the job, gunsmithing doesnt get much better than Beanland.

The feed lips of the Seekins magazines are too short. I've talked to Glen about this and he told me last year that he was making a new run of magazines with longer lips...I'm still waiting...

Yea talked to them today, well his secretary, and she said there was a problem, and as soon as he got back he would give me a call. Hope that is the problem, would be nice just to swap magazines