• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 260 build

wnroscoe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2006
NW Louisiana
This rifle is for a client in Australia that is also a member here on the hide. There's a lot of stock work on this one blending and re-shaping several areas. I just emailed him a picture packet, here's the specs and a few pictures.

Badger M2008 Receiver
Krieger #18 LV Fluted and chambered in 260 Rem
Matching spare Krieger barrel chambered in 260 Rem
LAP Muzzle Brake
Sentinal Stock with NV mount
Huber Concepts two stage trigger set at 2#'s
Multicam paint
FDE and Flat Black cerekote
10 round AW magazines

2q32907.jpg

2h87rx4.jpg

9tn0pe.jpg

25p664w.jpg

2uogids.jpg

17g0tg.jpg

Re: New 260 build

Just out of curiosity, how much of a bitch is it to ship that over to Australia with Customs, ITAR, etc..?

Roscoe,

How much clearance do you have on that NV mount?

You should hire someone to shoot test targets before you send out those beauties, I would love to see some groups.

The 2-tone and brake look very nice, seamless transition on the brake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 18Echo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just out of curiosity, how much of a bitch is it to ship that over to Australia with Customs, ITAR, etc..? </div></div>

It has to go through an exporter of firearms. The owner of the rifle had arrainged shipping early on in the build so thats all set. With out the exporter it wouldnt happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Roscoe,

How much clearance do you have on that NV mount? </div></div>

I dont remember but I think somewhere around .080" per side. I had to recontour the barrels to fit.

As in recontoured a fluted barrel? How did that work?

Beautiful work!

I really want to get behind one of those stocks and see if I like it. As always the fit between the barrel and brake are flawless.

Are you working on any other .260's? Fingers Crossed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As in recontoured a fluted barrel? How did that work?

Beautiful work! </div></div>

It's real easy to do and this is the only place you can actually see what I'm talking about. Look behind the NV mount.

o22he.jpg

VERY nice! Thanks for sharing. Someone in Oz is getting a top-shelf rifle from a true craftsman.

Now that's slick.. Oh and my address has changed, I'll PM the new delivery address through hahaha
wink.gif
grin.gif

That's a nice rig mate, nice work once again,

JJ

Nicely speced rifle , for those who donot know , their are very few Badgers outside the US , I have not heard of any in the UK , and none in Aus at the moment ( that may change ) .

I have the std short action & long magnum , I have dropped mine into AICS folders in 308 & 300WM and they look good .
I do have plans on dropping another short action into a McMillan A5 stock as a varmint rifle , either in 243 or 260 .

For the new owner in Aus , don't be surprised if the paint on the bolt body gets worn completely OFF very quick , as the fit on these RE bolt to raceway is tight .

Later Chris

does it shoot as good as it looks? That's some nice work

Thanks guys, your comments and kind words are very much appreciated. No doubt the multicam is becoming one of my favortite patterns. It goes very good with the FDE.

That rifle has the WOW factor. I showed it to family members and each of them said, wow. And, that includes the non-shooters.

Of course it shoots as good as it looks, silly.
The barrel he chambered for me to go on a AI/AE put em touching at 200 yds every day. In other words, he's not simply jammed into a cookie cutter skill set. For him it is all about precision which results in accuracy.
Now, y'all stop asking questions so he can work on guns.

J/k. don't get ya' drawers knotted. :)))

P.S. Notice his photograpy equals his fit and finish?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cds7221</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's pretty sweet. great looking rifle. I have a .260 on my to do list. </div></div>

You'll love it, I have two of them.

And to think William, the only thing some folks think we do down here in the La Mafia is get in bar room fights, and cover up each others mistakes!!!
laugh.gif

Outstanding looking build bro!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know I'm from Alabama, but is it possible to be inducted into the LA Mafia?
grin.gif
</div></div>

Raise your right hand and repeat after me...............

Your in bro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And to think William, the only thing some folks think we do down here in the La Mafia is get in bar room fights, and cover up each others mistakes!!!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Remember, were only doing it for the chicks, some do like to have a little cajun in them
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know I'm from Alabama, but is it possible to be inducted into the LA Mafia?
grin.gif
</div></div>

Raise your right hand and repeat after me...............

Your in bro. </div></div>

Hot Damn! I'm headed out to get my straw hat, bib overalls and white rubber boots
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hot Damn! I'm headed out to get my straw hat, bib overalls and white rubber boots
grin.gif
</div></div>

We're a little too far north for the white rubber boots. Thats for those that shrimp and catch gators, havent you been watching Swamp People?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the barrel twist? </div></div>

1-8