• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 6mm Advanced Rifle Cartridge

Almost finished with the build, all Aero with a Rainier 22" ultra match barrel and Larue trigger. Got a few hundred rounds of Hornady Match to get it going.
I’ve got this same barrel on my build list. Interested to see how it shoots for you.

I have my setup but I am sooo tempted.
I you don’t have yours, and want to skip a long wait check this out.

5EE44AE9-9986-4330-82D4-D609DEFAF920.png

Last edited:
Down to last 25 pieces of brass to neck turn. I have found about 10/20% have differences in the neck thickness or have the necks pulled off center. If you look at the picture close the top brass has a spot on the neck that has not been touched by the blade. The brass on bottom is a comparison where the entire neck was cleaned up. I could have gone deeper, but I figure since this is 1 or 2x fired, I can seperate out the different necks and use them for practice or turn them further.

I'm also really liking the 4degree champher tool from KM. It's pricey but refined. If I had it to do over again, I would get the KM mandrel and press set as it should be same diameter as the dowels used on the turner. I'm using the 12st cent mandrels and they leave the necks a bit tight when transferring to the KM turner.

neckTurning.jpg

108 Berger Elite Hunter
29.1 grs LVR
Federal Match 205 AR Primers
CBTO 1.660"
Starline 6.5G brass
20" Rock Creek Barrel 1:7

I'll load more and continue testing but this is looking promising.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 9.08.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 9.08.32 AM.png
    852.1 KB · Views: 89
Has anyone tried the 88 grain Flatline solid copper bullets? If so what were the results?

108 Berger Elite Hunter
29.1 grs LVR
Federal Match 205 AR Primers
CBTO 1.660"
Starline 6.5G brass
20" Rock Creek Barrel 1:7

I'll load more and continue testing but this is looking promising.
I just got some of these 108 elite hunters in and will try some loads soon. I also have a Rock Creek (22”). What jump do you think you have with the CBTO at 1.660”?

Down to last 25 pieces of brass to neck turn. I have found about 10/20% have differences in the neck thickness or have the necks pulled off center. If you look at the picture close the top brass has a spot on the neck that has not been touched by the blade. The brass on bottom is a comparison where the entire neck was cleaned up. I could have gone deeper, but I figure since this is 1 or 2x fired, I can seperate out the different necks and use them for practice or turn them further.

I'm also really liking the 4degree champher tool from KM. It's pricey but refined. If I had it to do over again, I would get the KM mandrel and press set as it should be same diameter as the dowels used on the turner. I'm using the 12st cent mandrels and they leave the necks a bit tight when transferring to the KM turner.

What brass are you using?

Also, what do you mean by separate out the different necks? How do you do that, and why?

Finally, do you have links for the mandrel and press set you are talking about?

All starline brass.
as for the Us, I *think it is just neck uniformity differences, not the necks being pulled off center - but I'd like to make sure of that.

I just got some of these 108 elite hunters in and will try some loads soon. I also have a Rock Creek (22”). What jump do you think you have with the CBTO at 1.660”?
Using the Hornady straight OAL gauge I got 1.715" CBTO to lands with the 108 EH, so that would put my jump at 0.055".
1.660" was about max due to magazine length.

Reactions: LRBuck
Reporting back on the CLE Bartlein over the past two relatively short outings with some 90gr loads. 4 shot groups @100

10/31
20211107_071309.jpg

Last weekend's results. Both were loaded at 31.0 gr as I found a good flat spot and combination of velocity I was looking for between 30.8-31.1gr of Lvr. I did find myself shifting fore and aft a bit trying to find proper eye relief during shooting these past few groups. I feel this was the reason I had those single errant fliers in both groups. I ended up moving the scope back a little bit when I got back home and found a general sweet spot for eye relief that would work well in different positions. These groups were shot of a bench, rifle rested on a bag.

11/6
20211106_125802.jpg

Decided to roll up some more 90 eldx and a few 105 amax for yesterday's outing. Excuse the single .224 V round, I was going yote calling later that day and confirming first round zero. Results confirmed my suspicion and the 90 eldx were fantastic right at .25 ctc The 105 amax was a middle of the road charge at 27.8gr just to get a feel, that yielded .75 group size, will work on that some down the road.

Over the course of testing, the CLE barrel has not produced any group size over one minute, testing thru 4 different bullet types over different weights, ranging from 75gr to 105gr. A few close calls but still keeping 'em under an inch. This is my second 6arc tube and I think I have found a winner with my luck and all on the first tube.

Taking the arc out to 700 on steel later today with the 90eldx.

I've put down quite a few with 90s running 2650-2700ish out of my 14.5" the eldx seemed to be more explosive than the tgk....just now making the switch to 75g vmax going 2900 out of the 14.5....ballistically I can't see a reason not to switch for night hunting. Most shots are sub 300 and the 75s are a decent bit flatter on paper, with very similar energy

those are great velocities IMO for that shorty! I want to do some yote hunting if I can find a place that is more local. I hear them all around at night when the train comes by but I cant shoot them out of the neighborhood. My neighbor thinks that her cats "just ran away " for some reason...

Reactions: fifdynutz
those are great velocities IMO for that shorty!

But not even at the upper limits of the cartridge, with the right powder choice.

My 90gr TGK load does 2795 fps from my 12.5”. (using Lever of course, you won’t get there with any other powder). The 90 ELDX tops out about 100 fps slower, at 2700, due to nose profile and needing to be seated deeper. Still moving right along though, and brass life is good even with Lapua.

* the usual caveat that mine is the 243 LBC, so it has a small capacity advantage worth less than 50 fps.

A lot of people assume this round, and the Grendel too for that matter, don’t perform well in short barrels, but in fact they perform very well. Velocity loss compared to the longer barrels is better than most people expect.

Sometimes I wish quicklod didn’t exist. It perpetuates these strange concepts with its powder burn barrel length chart. Powder burn and expanding gasses are two different things, but quickload seems to lump them together so everyone thinks you need a 20”+ barrel on everything. I don’t have any modern firearms with barrels over 20” (I shoot suppressed 100% of the time, so tend to default to 20”) and most are in the 10-14” on my non-bolt rifles.

There are no cartridges that I’ve encountered yet that don’t shoot well out of shorter barrels, with velocities that would surprise people who think a 10.5” barrel means the bullets drops out the front. My 10.5” 6ARC is supersonic (above 1200fps) out to 800 yards with 108 ELD-Ms…

I don’t have any 22-300s or anything else seriously overbore, so maybe that’s part of it, but with any of the more “normal” cartridges, to include magnums, it’s never been an issue. I have 20” 7SS barrels on order as I type this.

Last edited:
Has anyone worked with VV N140 at all? I used up the last of my H4895 and ran across a bunch of it. I'm hoping it's a little faster than the H4885 with 95 VLDs.

View attachment 7410372
View attachment 7410373

Alright. I am getting a little happier. Shot some tests today with Varget and CFE223, results above. Need to test a few increments more with Varget as it looks like the group was just starting to tighten.

CFE223 did okay today too. I need to test both a little less powder and a little more powder.

All of these groups were shot with Hornady 108 ELD-Ms loaded to a COAL of 2.260". I shot from prone with a Nightforce 5.5-22X50 scope using an F-Class bipod and rear bag and an Accu-Wedge!

It did start raining during the last few groups of the CFE223, and, to be honest, the rain was heavy enough to make the target somewhat blurry. The last target may have been somewhat lucky.
What barrel length are you getting 2669 fps with 29.2gr of CFE223 with 108gr ELDX? I haven’t tried the 108’s yet but have been shooting 105gr Berger Hybrids and 95gr VLD’s from a 18” Bartlein and I can’t get to those velocities without going over the 52kpsi.

Last edited:
What barrel length are you getting 2669 fps with 29.2gr of CFE223 with 108gr ELDX? I haven’t tried the 108’s yet but have been shooting 105gr Berger Hybrids and 95gr VLD’s from a 18” Bartlein and I can’t get to those velocities without going over the 52kpsi.
Factory 108gr ELD-M is 2643fps from my 18” Bartlein (Craddock). CFE223 should be able to get you in the same ballpark. It might be the bullet/bearing surface differences.

How are you measuring pressure to know you’re above 52kpsi?

So I got out this morning and did some chrono work and an OCW 'ladder' with the N140 and 95 VLDs. After having 6PPC suggested to extrapolate non-existent published data, my brain got working a little better and I started checking out Mr Whitley's 6AR and it's variants. Knowing they are similar to 6BR capacity wise, I explored a middle ground. Most 6PPC published data only goes to 85 grains that I found. PPC also is for the most part a lower pressure cartridge from what I saw for a bolt rifle...mostly hovering in the high 40s CUP.

I loaded two of each at 26.9gr and 26.6gr N140 and Hornady 6ARC brass for a baseline safety check at ~2.260 OAL, an 0.020 jump in my 24" +2 gas CLE Criterion barrel. No velocity data but very mild and accurate. The OCW and chrono was just 3 rounds each so SD and ES wouldn't be worth noting I imagine:

27.2gr ---- 2751 avg
27.5gr --- 2788 avg
----------------------------
27.8gr --- 2823 avg ------- The OCW showed an accuracy node here, although it may have been an anomaly. I'm
28.1gr --- 2831 avg ------- a sub MOA shooter, but not sub half minute reliably. Vertical spread was approx 1/4"
28.4gr --- 2847 avg
28.7gr --- 2882 avg -------- The OCW also showed an upper node where vertical spread was less than 1/4". Again, luck perhaps,
29gr --- 2899 avg -------- it was very apparent. I'll probably just run with the lower node and enjoy.

From 28.7gr and up all they way to 29gr, nothing changed brass and primer wise. I have always got light ejector marks with my Maxim bolts, especially when suppressed. The only loads that don't do it are my most modest loads when doing initial workups with new powders. I'm positive my suppressor is a contributing factor since my SA gas block is always at full bleed regardless of powder with the can. I'm going to load some of the same with my converted Starline Grendel brass since it seems much more durable in my experience. I think I've also read some guys put a light bevel on the edges of the ejector with some emery cloth/1000 grit? Not sure but going to check on that one and try if my memory is correct.

Hopefully this can be of some use to anyone and if anything throws any red flags I'm all ears. I will say this though, N140 is the cleanest powder I've used yet which is a huge plus in my book.

I also got a little greedy and put three of each down the pipe of 29.3gr and 29.6gr. They were pretty spicy and probably not such a hot idea but in case anyone is curious....
29.3 --- 2930 avg
29.6gr (slight compression) --- 2957 avg

Nothing exciting compared to the above data, but I definitely would NOT advise anyone to go that high unless they know it's good. I couldn't resist since I had them but most likely not going to be happening anytime soon. I may not even be pushing things too far but I may have got lucky....speed isn't everything and even in the high 2700s I'm getting the speed I needed to make up for the BC loss from the 105s so I'm good in the lowest node. I'm still kind of green with rifles in general so please be gentle but I'm open to any criticism or suggestions.

seems like very good detailed data. thanks for sharing.
I have some 108 EHs loaded up to try. I took a sack full of rifles to the range the other day but it started raining so pistols only.
I have 3 loads working on with new match prepped Starline brass (AMP annealed, neck turned, inner honed, mandrel sized etc..) and need to shoot to collect data:

100 gn Hornady SPBT - plinkers, I bought them casue they were there. the rounded profile and soft point is not ideal for target shooting but should be fine for hunting and plinking.

108 EH - cant wait for these

105 VLD - current king round for my gun, looking for lower SDs and ESs due to better brass processing

seems like very good detailed data. thanks for sharing.
I have some 108 EHs loaded up to try. I took a sack full of rifles to the range the other day but it started raining so pistols only.
I have 3 loads working on with new match prepped Starline brass (AMP annealed, neck turned, inner honed, mandrel sized etc..) and need to shoot to collect data:

100 gn Hornady SPBT - plinkers, I bought them casue they were there. the rounded profile and soft point is not ideal for target shooting but should be fine for hunting and plinking.

108 EH - cant wait for these

105 VLD - current king round for my gun, looking for lower SDs and ESs due to better brass processing
The 105 VLDs should treat you good. I have a vanilla SAAMI chamber and they do fine in both 0.020 and 0.030 jump for me with H4885 and VV N140. I didn't push them hard with the H4895 and they started falling out of the sky past 1k worse than 308s I was with last weekend. Stellar inside 1k though and if they were run faster I'm sure they would have done better. Didn't get much load development in with them initially.

The consistency is great with the bergers for me, 6-8 SD and low teen ES is pretty common and you have much better equipment for brass prep. I also load on a Dillon 550...lol.

This past weekend, used my 20" 6ARC in AR15 at a match I host on my farm twice a year. VERY nice.

Ran a clear room stage nearly as easy as a 223 AR. Then in the next stage, 600 yds across a windy valley, hits nearly as easy as a 26" 6x47L bolt gun, with plenty of energy to see and spot splash. Will complete any mission in between. (I honestly think it runs out of energy at 800 or so, in my opinion.)

This is a very nice cartridge out of an easy to use platform. I'm not in love with the thing, still prefer bolt gun, but 6ARC is outstanding gasser offering.

Does anyone know of an off the shelf 16inch barrel that isn't a truck axel? Looking to put together a lighter weight hunting upper and don't need a custom barrel for my uses out to maybe 200yds

Reactions: Thorbeast
Does anyone know of an off the shelf 16inch barrel that isn't a truck axel? Looking to put together a lighter weight hunting upper and don't need a custom barrel for my uses out to maybe 200yds
If I were you I would spend the extra money on a good barrel!! You won't be disappointed.

Reactions: LRBuck
What Raport99 said. Barrels are not where to same money on a build.

I have Wilson Combat ARs and all are spectacular shooters. Buy their predator barrel, when they come out in 6 ARC.

Last edited:
What Raport99 said. Barrels are not where to same money on a build.

I have Wilson Combat ARs and all are spectacular shooters. Buy their predator barrel, when they come out in 6 ARC.

WC barrels aren't very pricey, I would have though Ranier Ultra-match would be a step up from WC. I have a WC Recon 6.5 G and like it pretty well, so I contacted them to see when they would start offering 6mm ARC barrels and was told that they were behind with their current offerings and didn't have plans to chamber the ARC anytime soon.

Ballistic Advantage has 16" in stock right now and are currently 20% off... roughly 2.5 lbs in weight (39.3 oz)

Using LeverEvolution shot some test batches (with match brass prep, neck turning, inner hone etc..) and in general I couldn't really tell a difference in accuracy or velocity numbers (in terms of max speed or consistency). no target so had to shoot @ rocks on the 200 yd berm, whatever, I still got velocities and max loads for each I will back down a touch and shoot them all at ~@2600. There was pressure signs on some of the hotter loads. They all seemed to shoot goodish. One thing I DID notice with this neck turned brass was that a projectile can much more easily slip into the casemouth of fired round. I think this is from 2 items: mousepad brass deflector (much less dent), and thinner necks in general. Maybe the velocities will even out a bit more after neckturning then re-fire forming to the chamber. I'm gonna take these ~40 cases and load them up again.
targets, COALs and charges next time.

Just loaded to mag length in general:
108 Berger Elite Hunters
105VLD
105 Nosler CCs
100 gn Hornady Softpoint boat tails

I don’t know how far down the reloading rabbit hole you’ve gone/your experience level, but what neck tension are you targeting? What’s your process for determining an appropriate amount of neck turning? You may be turning a bit too much.

Using LeverEvolution shot some test batches (with match brass prep, neck turning, inner hone etc..) and in general I couldn't really tell a difference in accuracy or velocity numbers (in terms of max speed or consistency). no target so had to shoot @ rocks on the 200 yd berm, whatever, I still got velocities and max loads for each I will back down a touch and shoot them all at ~@2600. There was pressure signs on some of the hotter loads. They all seemed to shoot goodish. One thing I DID notice with this neck turned brass was that a projectile can much more easily slip into the casemouth of fired round. I think this is from 2 items: mousepad brass deflector (much less dent), and thinner necks in general. Maybe the velocities will even out a bit more after neckturning then re-fire forming to the chamber. I'm gonna take these ~40 cases and load them up again.
targets, COALs and charges next time.

Just loaded to mag length in general:
108 Berger Elite Hunters
105VLD
105 Nosler CCs
100 gn Hornady Softpoint boat tails

Make sure you aren’t mistaking overgassing signs for pressure signs. Or headspace for that matter, if you’re bumping shoulders back too much.

If you can’t get higher velocity from Lever than from other powders (I think you mentioned Varget earlier?) then something is wrong, and that’s likely to be your interpretation of pressure signs.

Lever makes a lot more gas than most other powders we use for this cartridge, and is almost guaranteed to produce signs of overgassing if you don’t adjust for it. For this reason, I suggest that if you’re going to use Lever for any of the AR15 cartridges, adjust the rifle for its d only use Lever. If you want to use other powders as well, then the Lever loads will be overgassed long before they hit max pressure.

Reactions: SupressYourself
I was hoping the reduction in tension would help even out speeds. When I turn I leave enough to still see some low spots on the necks.

I may tune the gas block a bit. It seems that it is tuned to lock back on empty mag but that's a thing to re-check.
I've used other powders and got top speeds with LL so I'm sticking with it and 105 for simplicity.

I see you haven’t responded to my earlier question, so I’ll ask another along the same vein. How far back are you pushing the shoulders, with what I hope is a FL sizing die?

The problem with 6ARC is you can’t use any normal reloading signs as indicators of pressure above the 52kpsi max for autoloaders. You’re way over pressure by the time you see ejector marks or flattening of harder primers. You need to work off of measured values, and make sure your reloading process is methodical. My questions are intended to target the latter, the former is as easy as following the books.

The problem with 6ARC is you can’t use any normal reloading signs as indicators of pressure above the 52kpsi max for autoloaders. You’re way over pressure by the time you see ejector marks or flattening of harder primers. You need to work off of measured values, and make sure your reloading process is methodical. My questions are intended to target the latter, the former is as easy as following the books.

This is generally correct, but not really in the way that most people think. Ever had a rifle that shot "slow" compared to book loads or factory ammo specs? Pretty common, right? Ever had one that was "fast"? Less common, but they happen too. The thing is, within the confines of a particular load (meaning bullet, seating depth, powder type, etc), pressure correlates to velocity very closely, more than any other sign we have. With lower pressure cases like this, velocity is your best pressure sign. I know that flies in the face of what a lot of people are taught, but the logic and evidence is there.

What this means is that, since your rifle may have a little different throat or chamber geometry than the book data, just following the powder charge specs is likely to end up at a different peak pressure level than the test barrel used for the book load. Most likely your barrel will be a little slower than the book data, but sometimes it'll be faster. As long as the differences are relatively small, working to match the book velocity, adjusted for barrel length, brings you closer to the pressure spec than matching the powder charges.

To repeat that - load to match book velocity, not powder charge weight. Within reason, of course.

Caveat - If the differences are large, for example maybe it takes 4.0 gr more to reach published velocity for a 30.0gr load, that's an indicator of more mismatch than just chamber dimensions and it may not be safe to continue.

Reactions: r.tenorio671
I see you haven’t responded to my earlier question, so I’ll ask another along the same vein. How far back are you pushing the shoulders, with what I hope is a FL sizing die?

3.5 thou is my bump.
This is generally correct, but not really in the way that most people think. Ever had a rifle that shot "slow" compared to book loads or factory ammo specs? Pretty common, right? Ever had one that was "fast"? Less common, but they happen too. The thing is, within the confines of a particular load (meaning bullet, seating depth, powder type, etc), pressure correlates to velocity very closely, more than any other sign we have. With lower pressure cases like this, velocity is your best pressure sign. I know that flies in the face of what a lot of people are taught, but the logic and evidence is there.

What this means is that, since your rifle may have a little different throat or chamber geometry than the book data, just following the powder charge specs is likely to end up at a different peak pressure level than the test barrel used for the book load. Most likely your barrel will be a little slower than the book data, but sometimes it'll be faster. As long as the differences are relatively small, working to match the book velocity, adjusted for barrel length, brings you closer to the pressure spec than matching the powder charges.

To repeat that - load to match book velocity, not powder charge weight. Within reason, of course.

Caveat - If the differences are large, for example maybe it takes 4.0 gr more to reach published velocity for a 30.0gr load, that's an indicator of more mismatch than just chamber dimensions and it may not be safe to continue.
This makes the most sense to me, 2600-2650 for 105s out of a 20" barrel with reloadable brass that shoots to 1000yds is way better than I ever dreamed for my first DMR build - any faster for this setup may be just more trouble than it's worth. All my previous loads have been very well documented and worked up very slowly. The neck turning stuff may not pay off but no biggie, it was fun to learn. I'll keep annealing every round on the AMP because it's a no brainer.

Finally got my 6 ARC AR build out today. I’m impressed so far for the first 30 rounds. Soft shooting but different recoil impulse than a regular 556 AR. It was a laser to 600. I can’t wait to get it out further and see how it works with some wind and normal conditions. I’m guessing similar to 308 beyond 600. Perfect weather to shoot in today. I only have factory ammo right now but will be ready to load for it soon.

The range is limited to steel targets at 600 yards so that was the max distance I could test to. Mix of animal, small swingers and silhouette or square plates. There was zero wind today so I could not check the drift.

108 Hornady ELD
13.2 SD
.55 MOA 5 shot group with MS hanging on the barrel
2000’ DA
600 yards - 4.1 mils
Kestrel AB dope was spot on to 600 with .270 G7 and 2650 dialed in. Pretty much add a mil every hundred yards from 300 out.

VLTOR upper
20” Proof carbon barrel (my first carbon barrel)
Surefire brake
JP Full mass bolt and carrier
Aero adjustable gas block
BCM 15” MCMR
Atlas CAL 2 bipod
A2 stock and rifle buffer setup (waiting on PRS Lite)
Centurion lower
Triggertech trigger
DMR II scope

I had real good results with mine recently at distance and found it wasn't until 800 it started to really peter out. Double checking the actual dope with weaponized math it was within 0.1 mil to 800 and actually fell a little faster than the 308s that day from there to 1260. I had soft loads that day due to limited load development a week before the class and didn't want to risk reliability.

24" CLE Criterion
Berger 105 VLD 0.20 jump
26gr H4895
2608 (slow but consistent)

Reactions: newageroman
Took my handloads to 1000 yesterday and was pretty disappointed.

I developed the load of 29.0 lever evolution under 105 hybrid back in May. Gave me 2740fps with single digit SDs in 80 degree weather.

That same load in mid 30s temperature yesterday dropped to 2630 with SDs in the 30fps range. ES was over 100.

I had misses high and low on a full size ipsc at 1000. Never missed a shot to wind(consistent that day).

Factory Hornady held a decent group. Around MOA at 1000. Unfortunately I brought very little of it.

I knew lever evolution is temperature sensitive but didn’t expect it to be this bad. I shot a few one day matches with this load and rifle last summer and did well. Was planning to take this to a 2 day match but not if performing like yesterday.

Took my handloads to 1000 yesterday and was pretty disappointed.

I developed the load of 29.0 lever evolution under 105 hybrid back in May. Gave me 2740fps with single digit SDs in 80 degree weather.

That same load in mid 30s temperature yesterday dropped to 2630 with SDs in the 30fps range. ES was over 100.

I had misses high and low on a full size ipsc at 1000. Never missed a shot to wind(consistent that day).

Factory Hornady held a decent group. Around MOA at 1000. Unfortunately I brought very little of it.

I knew lever evolution is temperature sensitive but didn’t expect it to be this bad. I shot a few one day matches with this load and rifle last summer and did well. Was planning to take this to a 2 day match but not if performing like yesterday.
That’s what is keeping me from ever trying lever out. Speeds are great and consistent but way too temp sensitive. I’m still waiting on parts for my ARC but I’ll be trying out benchmark and h4895 and Staball when I get it all together just for the temp stability.

WOW, I had no idea it was that bad either. I heard it was sensitive but it does give great velocities. I made the switch this summer and only use my LVR loads in the summer or for practice to save the premium powders for matches. I wasn't too pleased with 105s past 800 yds and H4895, for that reason I have made the move to 95s and have been running them fast with success inside 1200.

VV N140 / H4895 have been the best I have used yet (in regards to temp stability) with the VV being my new favorite....it's so clean when running suppressed, I didn't think it was possible.

Reactions: Cajuntransplant
Just make a winter and a summer load. I don't like temperature sensitive powders either, but that's the best way to combat it and still have the speed advantage.

Reactions: LRBuck and Ledzep
I am getting ready to do some testing as well in regards to LVR temp sensitivity this weekend. I run only magnum primers with any type of spherical/ball powder used. .

I kept the charge weight the same but the only difference in load is the primer used. CCI 450 vs Rem 7.5 I have numbers recorded from this late summers testing and will see what temp effect has on each.

I can say definitively the 7.5 produce better numbers and accuracy when using LVR and PP 2000mr which I run in my 224V. If you have ever come across Mr Salazar's primer comparison it show the 7.5 has quite the fireball upon ignition which I feel maybe advantageous for ball powder stability to some hopeful extent.

Sat at my locale looks to be a high of 30 with real feel in the 20's.

GASRem75SR.jpg

I was going to go that route but didn't want to spend the time to see where the spread was at. We get 30* swings from 40s to 70s this time of year...My loads were developed in the 90s, will the drop be linear? Or is it gradual to a point and then a big drop at say 30*?

You are 100% correct, if I was married to LVR that would be the way to go.

I was going to go that route but didn't want to spend the time to see where the spread was at. We get 30* swings from 40s to 70s this time of year...My loads were developed in the 90s, will the drop be linear? Or is it gradual to a point and then a big drop at say 30*?

You are 100% correct, if I was married to LVR that would be the way to go.

Not linear. Usually from a 70 degree baseline going cold (-20 degrees) will be about half the fps/deg value that going up to hot (140 degrees) will with *most* rifle spherical powders. That being said, I think if you keep it under 100 degrees it would smooth that out a lot and make it much more linear. Somewhere around 1.5-2 fps per degree sounds about right for LVR, if you take a look at Lennyo's numbers.