• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing New bird dog.

Nuke Man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012
North West, Illinois
2013-08-03_19-46-53_390_zpscff1156b.jpg

My wife said we were getting a dog for our 3 girls. So I said fine, but I pick the dog and it has to be a male! She agreed so here he is. Meet Trigger (Trigg). Cant wait to see him point some birds! He was 7 weeks on the 3rd of Aug.

Very nice looking dog. I understand your excitement as I am waiting a German shorthair pointer to get old enough to bring home.

He is a brittany. Poor little guy has to deal with a 5,4, and a 2 year old girls! He'll be just as eager to get out in the field as me! Its really funny when they are playing with him and he looks over at me like wtf dude! It had been too long since we had a dog and I really think every kid should have one. They absolutely love him to death.

That's a good looking Brit. Kids are the best puppie trainers their are for they do a wonderful job of humanizing. My dads used to sleep on his chest at night. That dog would range just a couple hundred yards and always stay in front. He'd smell a covey of quail if he were a good distance and wait on us in half point looking back as if to say when are y'all coming. When we would get close he would go to the birds and stretch out like shoestring. You and your family will thoroughly enjoy him as they are very smart, sweet, and loyal dogs that can be great hunters.

Congrats on the pup. Let me know if you have any training questions as I am on the "tail end" (hold your applause) of training my three year old WPG. There are definitely particular things to know about training a pointing dog that are not intuitive and make a huge difference.

Congrats on a wise choice (if y'all can handle his energy). Mine just made his first "live" retrieve about an hour ago. I took him out to down a few pigeons to get him ready for dove season. I am taking it as a good sign that his first real bird to handle was wearing jewelry!! Didn't know banded pigeons were out there.

We don't really have huntable quail populations any more, so my Brittany is here to point woodcock. Can't wait til the middle of December to get him going.

Congrats on a wise choice (if y'all can handle his energy). Mine just made his first "live" retrieve about an hour ago. I took him out to down a few pigeons to get him ready for dove season. I am taking it as a good sign that his first real bird to handle was wearing jewelry!! Didn't know banded pigeons were out there.

We don't really have huntable quail populations any more, so my Brittany is here to point woodcock. Can't wait til the middle of December to get him going.

The good thing about Brits is you can hunt any gamebird in America with them. I've bird hunted slots of states on different birds with our Brits and pointers. They did well wherever we took em!