• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New bling from KRG

Just poking around the KRG website, and noticed this on the Bravo page:

"Tikka Bravos are now shipping with a second cheekpiece that has been cut for clearance from the factory."

Does this mean Tikka owners will no longer need to modify the cheek riser to accommodate bolt clearance?

Yes, the machined cheekpiece should clear most if not every position, the molded one coming has more clearance.

eveyoz, we do have the Ambi Sling Mounts and the Spigot Mount that both mount directly to the backbone. We're out of the ambi's at the moment but will have more soon.
Thank you,
Justin

Thanks Justin.

On those Ambi Sling Mounts...in order to use them for QD slings, will I also need the sling bushing and sling cup?

Just ordered my Tikka enclosed forend. Thanks Justin!

Thank you for your business! I hope you like it.

PFG, no the Ambi Sling Mount just bolts right up and gives you QD points on both sides (or you can clip in an HK hook style sling) so nothing else is needed. The catch is that the Spigot and Ambi Sling Mount can't both be used at the same time as they mount in the same spot.

Thanks guys,
Justin

@Massoud is the tikka cheek piece available on your site for guys that bought stocks early?

also to anyone interested my friend got his chassis magwell machined out to fit CTR mags and installed the sako mag catch from the KRG website and i have to say the CTR mags run so smooth, so i can now confirm that machining the stock is possible to fit CTR mags and it is the tits!

Reactions: 260284 and coltm4
@Massoud is the tikka cheek piece available on your site for guys that bought stocks early?

also to anyone interested my friend got his chassis magwell machined out to fit CTR mags and installed the sako mag catch from the KRG website and i have to say the CTR mags run so smooth, so i can now confirm that machining the stock is possible to fit CTR mags and it is the tits!

If KRG builds it I will buy but sending out a stock to have it machined just ruins the appeal of the Bravo for me. At ~$400 it is a great value but given what it'd cost me to ship mine out, have it machined, buy the mag catch, and ship it back I'd be better off buying a different stock/chassis.

Hopefully KRG decides to offer it as an option as I really, really want one and I know others do as well.

I'm a CTR owner who's had trouble with the new CTR mag. There are a few of us here - feeding issues. So to me - the Bravo appears to be an upgrade in the mag system. I can now run short 5 round AIs or longer 10 round.

Also does anyone know if the area 419 key mod arca rail will work on the bravo without any over hang coming off the front?
(I know KRG makes one, specifically curious about area 419 rail)

Also does anyone know if the area 419 key mod arca rail will work on the bravo without any over hang coming off the front?
(I know KRG makes one, specifically curious about area 419 rail)
depending how much length you're looking for RRS makes one for KRGs

Reactions: DEWD_STUFF
MDT polymer mags specifically the .223 ones work ok in bravo chassis?

Yes, they work quite awesome actually. Also I find this thread severely lacking in Sako green Bravo's:

IMG_1319.JPG

Who did the machining and how much did it run?

We don't have the cut cheekpiece on the site but email [email protected] and we can get one out to you. Thank you.
Justin

Reactions: eveyoz
Who did the machining and how much did it run?

Trigger time here in CO did the work, ended up being $150 i believe then you need to add the KRG sako mag realease as well. i plan on getting it done as soon as i get this damn house move out of the way, selling and buying a house at the same time is a PITA!

Justin,

I have a 700 short action bravo ive been using for a few months. It’s quite nice.
My question is, will the new Tikka cheekpiece fit thbit 700 SA Bravo AND allow bolt removal without moving th cheekpiece?
If so I’ll want to buy one

Thanks.

Hey guys, the Bravo for CZ455 is something we are considering for sure. It would be down the road at least a couple months but so far it looks doable. Thank you!

Sweet mother of meat!

A CZ bravo stock would complete my cz455

Got aftermarket barrel, 20MOA scope rail, new Athlon Midas 4.5-27 btr on the way, enlarged bolt knob, new bottom metal, trigger shoe , lightened trigger, suppressor and tons of ammo.

A durable stock with all the ergos of the bravo would be a match made in heaven.

Hi all, I’ve just received my sako green bravo and fitted it to my new tikka Ctr. As others have found the bolt cannot be removed from the rifle with the cheekpiece in situ and when cycling the bolt it hits the cheekpiece.

Pretty disappointing but apart from that it looks a good little chassis for the price.

I see KRG are aware of the issue and hopefully will produce an updated cheekpiece for the tikkas. Will those of us who purchased our bravos he able to get the new cheekpieces when available?

A recess with a curving and longer (finger tip shaped) recess should cure the issue.

It looks like I need to cut into it about 4mm, this would result in a hole as the plastic looks pretty thin. How have other tikka owners done it?

I did fix it like this, works really nicely.

Attachments

• krgcheekrest.jpg
    krgcheekrest.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 212
Just poking around the KRG website, and noticed this on the Bravo page:

"Tikka Bravos are now shipping with a second cheekpiece that has been cut for clearance from the factory."

Does this mean Tikka owners will no longer need to modify the cheek riser to accommodate bolt clearance?

Correct

How much is an tikka cheek piece for someone who already has an older one?

If you have T3 varmint with 308win, NOT the CTR, that cheek peace trouble is a lot af smaller.
CTR uses the long action bolt stop, that´s why the bolt is coming so long way.
But neither will help on the Bravo, but i hear that they have made for Tikka for the model that will be for Tikka only.

I did ordered for my new CTR 308win new scope today, so i have in my both CTR rifles same kind of FFP scopes.
But i am not able tell this in home, my wife would kill me if she knows that i made a "small" invesment for my hobby, again :ROFLMAO:.
So i bought Kahles K624i with MIL4 reticle.
I got it so nice price that i could not be make the deal for this scope.
Now i have dilemma that what scope mount i will mount this new scope.
First brand i have in my mind, that looks alo good is Vortex precicion rinsgs.
1" hight might be just good to go in CTR.
I dont like too much gap in the barrel and scope bell, or it looks quite goofy.

Seekins and us (we?) checked the fit at SHOT. If I remember right, there is a small radius on the Havak behind the built in recoil lug and that interferes with the chassis a bit. It's a product of having an integral lug. Some action makers sink the radius into the body of the action, (hard to explain but easy if you see one) and that effectively creates a sharp corner at the lug/body junction.

Either way, we're adding a small chamfer on the lug pocket of all Rem 700 inlet SA chassis and those will be coming online probably by mid to end of Summer. If you need a chassis now you can just file off a small amount from the edge of the lug pocket. Other than that it should fit. Thank you,
Justin

Reactions: bunsen27
Seekins and us (we?) checked the fit at SHOT. If I remember right, there is a small radius on the Havak behind the built in recoil lug and that interferes with the chassis a bit. It's a product of having an integral lug. Some action makers sink the radius into the body of the action, (hard to explain but easy if you see one) and that effectively creates a sharp corner at the lug/body junction.

Either way, we're adding a small chamfer on the lug pocket of all Rem 700 inlet SA chassis and those will be coming online probably by mid to end of Summer. If you need a chassis now you can just file off a small amount from the edge of the lug pocket. Other than that it should fit. Thank you,
Justin
Easy enough. I have the bravo already but waiting for the havak to be built. Thank u

Can you post photos of what area of the KRG Bravo mag well were machined to accommodate the Tikka CTR mag? Also, which mag catch from KRG, I don't see any Sako mag catches. Was it the Extended Mag Catch?

Reactions: viking78
Reactions: DHwreckage
Can you post photos of what area of the KRG Bravo mag well were machined to accommodate the Tikka CTR mag? Also, which mag catch from KRG, I don't see any Sako mag catches. Was it the Extended Mag Catch?

i prolly cant get pics for a week, in house limbo since i sold my house last friday and dont close on the new house till this firday so lifes a bit of a clusterfuck!

I'm getting my new Bravo today. Short action, sako green. I went ahead and got the tool less butt pad and spigot mount. This will be for my Nucleus build.

I like my Bravo so much, that i went and bought a Kahles K624i scope for this rig too.
It is not Gen III, but i dont care, class is as good as it is in the Gen III.
G7fLm1s.jpg

Anyone have experience with a .250" tapered lug in their bravo with a standard backbone? I didn't think to check the fit before I shipped my parts to the gunsmith. Now I'm wondering if I need a parallel lug. Also any clearance issues with a Calvin Elite?

Anyone have experience with a .250" tapered lug in their bravo with a standard backbone? I didn't think to check the fit before I shipped my parts to the gunsmith. Now I'm wondering if I need a parallel lug. Also any clearance issues with a Calvin Elite?

Yep, and unfortunately a tapered lug won't fit in the standard Bravo, you'll need to get the W3 backbone if you want a drop in fit with a tapered lug.

That´s very nice looking, how does it feel in the hand?

I just went with grip tape, used heat blower to get it sucked up good in to the grip.
xscuxRj.jpg

This is how i added my tool less butbad on to my chassis, KRG pages this is mounted a bit differently.
I use these LOP spacers between the chassis and the tool-less buttpad mechanism, not the other way.
You just need to drill a little area off the material on one of the spacers, and you can do this mounting.
You do not add the weight of the spacers on that buttpad mechanism, and less body torque too, and i think it looks better too.
This will work only on Bravo chassis.
PgrN35w.jpg

This is how KRG tool-less buttpad is mounted on the factory mode.
T5pbRB9.png

That´s very nice looking, how does it feel in the hand?

I just went with grip tape, used heat blower to get it sucked up good in to the grip.
xscuxRj.jpg

This is how i added my tool less butbad on to my chassis, KRG pages this is mounted a bit differently.
I use these LOP spacers between the chassis and the tool-less buttpad mechanism, not the other way.
You just need to drill a little area off the material on one of the spacers, and you can do this mounting.
You do not add the weight of the spacers on that buttpad mechanism, and less body torque too, and i think it looks better too.
This will work only on Bravo chassis.
PgrN35w.jpg

This is how KRG tool-less buttpad is mounted on the factory mode.
T5pbRB9.png
Huge improvement in my opinion viking

Dang you guys are really doing some cool things. We love to see guys making the chassis their own and fit them exactly how they want. We can only go so far as each person is different.

The early Howa Bravo that is in some of the Howa pics was a 180-Xray front end and it had the screws. The actual production Howa Bravo's have the full backbone with the same forend you see in the pics in this thread.

Great job guys and thank you all for your business!
Justin