• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New can from silencerco

Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S... 7" x 1.62" dia. 9 baffles. HUB threads. Only 9.3 ounces. Super quiet for its size. $850 at most places.

I like otter creek but looking to go lighter than that. Like i said i was dead set on the Alaskan Ti simply because i would have a 6” can that was 5.4oz. Hell relooking at it i think it has removable end caps and is .36 bore diameter so might still be the way to go. That or the ultra 5. We’ll see. Wish i could find a 5-6” 5oz can with a brake with a larger diameter than 1.5” for under 1000

I like otter creek but looking to go lighter than that. Like i said i was dead set on the Alaskan Ti simply because i would have a 6” can that was 5.4oz. Hell relooking at it i think it has removable end caps and is .36 bore diameter so might still be the way to go. That or the ultra 5. We’ll see. Wish i could find a 5-6” 5oz can with a brake with a larger diameter than 1.5” for under 1000
Like was mentioned... When talking that light, 3oz is pretty unnoticeable. I'd opt for the OCL can over the new SiCo, but that's because I've personally seen some shitty SiCo cans that somehow passed QA/QC, and I've never seen an issue with an OCL can...And I know mine have been amazing. Also, you can get Hydro-S, stamp, and trust for less than what JUST the new SiCo can cost, and I will guarantee you the SiCo can won't be as quiet at only 6", it has way less volume internally. 1" makes a huge difference in internal volume in a suppressor.

Like was mentioned... When talking that light, 3oz is pretty unnoticeable. I'd opt for the OCL can over the new SiCo, but that's because I've personally seen some shitty SiCo cans that somehow passed QA/QC, and I've never seen an issue with an OCL can...And I know mine have been amazing.
I know 3oz seems like nothing. If it were towards the center of gravity of the gun I’d say yes. But hanging it off on the end when you count mounts and end caps it adds up quickly. My point is i want it as light as humanly possible.

I’m in no rush. We’ll see what the market looks like when I’m ready to grab a can for this particular purpose.

Alternatively I’ve not had an issue with my sico cans or TBAC or yhm or surefire or aem. Hopefully that day never comes.

Reactions: Supersubes

It's 6.9" and 6.6oz with their direct thread mounts. Very light but I'd bet it's pretty damn loud. It has what like 3 baffles. Their rugged micro and Radiant are not quiet.

I don't think you'd miss 2.7 oz going with a Diligent defense Enticer s ti for example. It's slighty shorter at 6.75" and you could get that even shorter with the OCL ZR0 mount as well if you want. It has removable end caps as if you wanted 6.5 or 224 end caps. It will be significantly quieter.

Tbac ultra 5 is 2" shorter and weighs like an oz more in dt. Probably similar if not better performance than the Alaskan. And being shorter that increase in felt weight is likely not noticeable.

Dominus hub also exists but would be like 6.25" & 10oz with a ocl zr0.

Oz = lbs but at the cost of performance.

Reactions: FuhQ
It's 6.9" and 6.6oz with their direct thread mounts. Very light but I'd bet it's pretty damn loud. It has what like 3 baffles. Their rugged micro and Radiant are not quiet.

I don't think you'd miss 2.7 oz going with a Diligent defense Enticer s ti for example. It's slighty shorter at 6.75" and you could get that even shorter with the OCL ZR0 mount as well if you want. It has removable end caps as if you wanted 6.5 or 224 end caps. It will be significantly quieter.

Tbac ultra 5 is 2" shorter and weighs like an oz more in dt. Probably similar if not better performance than the Alaskan. And being shorter that increase in felt weight is likely not noticeable.

Dominus hub also exists but would be like 6.25" & 10oz with a ocl zr0.

Oz = lbs but at the cost of performance.
I plan on using area 419 hellfire Ti to stay with all my bolt rifle mounts (irrespective of the XM3).

My thing is and I’m not trying to discount suppressors. It’s my favorite firearm accessory. Im not really looking for super quiet. It doesn’t coexist with compact short cans with built in recoil mitigation. For the purpose i think the TBAC ultra 5, scythe, or Alaskan Ti would be perfect. However i really do want recoil mitigation on top of some reduction. I might be in the minority but I’m a pretty big fan of K cans. Sure they’re louder but none of it is whisper quiet to me nor is any of it comfortable enough that I’d sit there and shoot without ear pro. I hunt without ear pro. But other than i always am wearing it.

Maybe I’m behind the times? My newest cans are yhm and the old sico then my ole 30CB9. The most recent purchases other than the KGM R30 (still in jail) are going back in time nearly 30 years with the aem5 and FA762SS.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
Maybe I’m behind the times?

If you tried something like CGS Hyperion, tbac Magnus, etc I think you might be surprised.

The kgm will be a very small step up from the sico omega but the Hyperion/Magnus will be a very noticeable increase in performance.

If you tried something like CGS Hyperion, tbac Magnus, etc I think you might be surprised.

The kgm will be a very small step up from the sico omega but the Hyperion/Magnus will be a very noticeable increase in performance.
I have a TBAC 30CB9. The magnus and Hyperion that much quieter?

I misread that you have that.

You'd have to ask Zak more on that as I have no experience with that can. It was replaced by the Ultra 9, there is now the Ultra 9 gen 2 and now there is the Magnus. I have not heard a gen 2 Ultra 9 but I've heard a gen 1 and the Magnus. The Magnus is definitely a step up from a gen 1.

To me as a shooter my cgs helios qd sounds about the same as a gen 1 Ultra 9. The Hyperion is definetly quieter than the helios qd.

Last edited:
I’ve heard that even the Gen2 Ultra 9 is quieter. Have you sent yours in for the Gen2 core upgrade? I think they’re offering that on the 30CB, but not 100% on that. I know they do offer it for the Gen 1 Ultras.

I’ve heard that even the Gen2 Ultra 9 is quieter. Have you sent yours in for the Gen2 core upgrade? I think they’re offering that on the 30CB, but not 100% on that. I know they do offer it for the Gen 1 Ultras.
I know at one time they offered the ultra core upgrade for the cb9. I honestly don’t use it much. I love the can. But i let my brother use it on his 20” 308. Like i said I’ve since kinda gone towards shorter and lighter cans for disregarding overall suppression. The only two cans i have in use right now that are 9” or more are the surefire and AEM both are OTB designs and weighty

Silencerco is another can company quickly becoming irrelevant by refusing to actually innovate and engage with the companies earnestly trying to do new better things. Why anyone would buy that over something from say CGS is beyond me.

Reactions: FuhQ
Silencerco is another can company quickly becoming irrelevant by refusing to actually innovate and engage with the companies earnestly trying to do new better things. Why anyone would buy that over something from say CGS is beyond me.

The CGS has some impressive sound suppression ratings.

What would worry me about the CGS suppressors on a precision rifle is the alleged amount of runout 3d printed cans have.

There's only so many ways a suppressor can look. I don't think its fair at all to say SiCo ripped off any of those companies.
Totally agree. I'm ready for an aesthetically pleasing suppressor along with performance, but there are only so many ways to make a tube.

I love my SilencerCo Osprey 45 and Osprey Micro suppressors on certain style handguns but they look like dogshit on rifles due to the offset baffle design. I solved the problem by buying tubular pistol caliber and rimfire suppressors too. :) limited design opportunities for suppressors.

@5RWill did you make any progress on deciding? I was talking to a buddy about hunting suppressors the other day and this one came up. I would really like to hear this one in comparison to a diligent defense or thunderbeast on the same gun in the same video
I still think I’m gonna go for it, it just fits the niche with exactly what I’m looking for. But it’ll be a while. Got lots of projects before it; LMT MWS, MRAD, and a KGM R30 in jail.

Reactions: reubenski
I held one today at my lgs. It is so light that it feels like a toy. They looked very well made.I put my name on one of the five that they just got in. I have an Omega and a Harvester evo already and have been happy with them. The Omega has 6,000 plus rounds down it with no issues.

Went and did all the fingerprints and pictures yesterday. We weighed it ready to direct thread and it was 8.3 ounces. The front brake/cap weighs 1.1 ounce. We didn't weigh the direct thread adapter. If the titanium front cap off of my Omega will fit then I can get it below 8 ounces all up.

I think it looks like a good can. The 300 wm comment seem out of line, but i bet they’d qualify it in some way.

Damn, the weight is impressive. I think I'm gonna get one.

edit: ordered. Be here soon and I’ll report back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5RWill
I hear lifting the bolt on an AI I like starting a chainsaw. The bolt lift outweighs the gun so you have to simultaneously throw the rifle down while ripping up on the bolt handle to cycle it.
Solid Snake helps me out. His little explosive under the bolt knob = happy happy joy joy

…now I both sort of miss playing Super Smash Bros (Wii) and Ren & Stimpy 😢

Effing hated Snake. My son killed me every time with those sneaky charges.

REMINISCING TIME IS OVER OLD MAN

So we have 7 baffles, ~7.3 ounces is without adapter I’m guessing and hub threads

What the comp in the rest of the industry? Just the ultra7 hub at 8.0 right?

Because that seems pretty damn good for a lightweight hunting can, and I do think a 3 ounce weight addition is significant for my needs, as I have a couple cans that work better already if I want more weight

This can is tempting for a hunting rifle

Last edited:
Reactions: wind gypsy
So we have 7 baffles, ~7.3 ounces is without adapter I’m guessing and hub threads

Because that seems pretty damn good for a lightweight hunting can, and I do think a 3 ounce weight addition is significant for my needs, as I have a couple cans that work better already if I want more weight

At that length, the Hydrogen-K or S model is pretty damn close. S will be quieter with 7” length and 9 baffles.

The K would be very similar in specs to the new SiCo can.

IMG_1492.jpeg

At that length, the Hydrogen-K or S model is pretty damn close. S will be quieter with 7” length and 9 baffles.

The K would be very similar in specs to the new SiCo can.

View attachment 8235272
You wouldn't happen to sell car warranties for your day job, would you? Because you are relentless with the Otter creek.

You wouldn't happen to sell car warranties for your day job, would you? Because you are relentless with the Otter creek.
No. He asked what was comparable in the industry to the new SiCo can… I answered his question. Don’t like the answer, or me? Not my problem.

seems like something right between the S and K would be a direct competitor.

I’ve found the deligent s ti would be a solid comp also and cheaper

The ultra 5 is comparable as well. I like the 5’s and have two (gen 1 and Gen 2) in 6.5. My scythe will ship this week so i’ll have side by side impressions next week.

The ultra 7 is about 9.5 oz if you add the CB, (whether you direct thread or not, its there).

Reactions: DangerRanger
The ultra 5 is comparable as well. I like the 5’s and have two (gen 1 and Gen 2) in 6.5. My scythe will ship this week so i’ll have side by side impressions next week.

The ultra 7 is about 9.5 oz if you add the CB, (whether you direct thread or not, its there).
You think an ultra 5 would hang with it db wise?

I’m looking for a lighter option on a 16” creed. The hub ultra 7 seems to be 8.0 with no adapter (I want hub) the scythe is 7.3 with no adapter, the diligent s ti is 7.8 with no adapter

It would have to be better than an Ultra 5 for sound. I mean it has to be. The U5 is pretty loud and much smaller size wise. And it would have to be to justify the extra bulk. I have an U5 on a 26" 7WSM right now. Not because of the weight. I should be using my Dominus but it looks like a 2 liter soda bottle on a .22LR. Based purely on cosmetics. The U5 looks like it fits; belongs on there. But damn it's loud. 1 or 2 shots and that's it. If the Scythe is as loud but looks like a 1920's suppressor oddly attached to what looks like otherwise a normal hunting rifle it would be a pretty big disappointment in my eyes.
I never run the 5’s on anything but creedmoor sized cartridges, and it does fine. Been very happy with them in that application. I agree 100% the scythe should be quieter, and if it’s not, it’ll be a epic failure.

It no longer has that suppressed supersonic, center-fire "pew" sound. It's kind of a mix of a boom and a pew. Best way I could describe it is like a very poorly suppressed short barreled AR with more reverberation. It's a gen 1 U5.

But I can stand it for a shot or two and that's all I need.
I use a Gen 1 6.5 on a 16” Q Fix in 6.5x47, and that's pretty loud, but perfectly adequate to hunt. The Gen 2 6.5 goes on 22” .260, and thats a fair bit better. Both serve the purpose and im pretty happy with them. I wanted the smallest and lightest thing I could get my hands on.

Reactions: reubenski
Don't worry, @FuhQ didn't find a Dead Air product he didn't like "before they switched to KGMade manufacturing."
All of mine were KGMade built DA cans. They've been using them for many many years. Don't be a fucking retard. And if you're going to try, at least make accurate statements, instead of showing your stupidity just to try to join the crowd so they'll think you're cool. 👍🏼

I have personal reasons for not being a fan of KGMade with how they handled my DA warranty claim, so until you actually have something relevant to add from personal experience, then I'd suggest not bringing my name into your posts and trying to talk shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMGtuned
It no longer has that suppressed supersonic, center-fire "pew" sound. It's kind of a mix of a boom and a pew. Best way I could describe it is like a very poorly suppressed short barreled AR with more reverberation. It's a gen 1 U5.

But I can stand it for a shot or two and that's all I need.
Sort of like a Sandman-S... It's not very good at being a silencer, but it's good at being a suppressor. It knocks down flash and blast, and does ok on sound, but not great by any means.

All of mine were KGMade built DA cans. They've been using them for many many years. Don't be a fucking retard. And if you're going to try, at least make accurate statements, instead of showing your stupidity just to try to join the crowd so they'll think you're cool. 👍🏼

I have personal reasons for not being a fan of KGMade with how they handled my DA warranty claim, so until you actually have something relevant to add from personal experience, then I'd suggest not bringing my name into your posts and trying to talk shit.
You mean how you ruined the cerakote finish with an ultrasonic cleaner and you're upset with how they handled your warranty claim? You were hammering poor Todd to handhold your claim the entire time.

You're a DD fanboy... It's all good, it just explains your bias towards them, over other brands. Not a big deal, we all do it to some degree, I was just wondering where the immediate dismissiveness came from.
JFC I’ve never even seen a DDC can in real life and didn’t know they fucking existed until today when I was looking for scythe comps.

I try really hard to listen to you each time but your middle school mean girl bullshit is legit insane

You mean how you ruined the cerakote finish with an ultrasonic cleaner and you're upset with how they handled your warranty claim? You were hammering poor Todd to handhold your claim the entire time.
I admitted that I ruined the finish, even though the company that makes the cleaner I was using changed their chemical compound without telling anyone, so the new batch had burnishing compound in it. The old stuff did not. That's why it never caused a problem in the past, but the one time I used the new liquid, it ate the nitride off. So, yeah, I guess you could say it's my fault, even though I really should only take 50% of the blame. But we'll roll with that.

And yeah, when I was promised a certain turn-around time, and then it went about 6 times longer than it was supposed until until Todd got on them do it, and then they didn't even do a good job on it, and instead of blasting the old finish off like you're supposed to, they just layered that shit up and caked it on, and didn't even even clean the baffles, and sent back a dirty ass can. That's lazy shit. If they didn't want to clean them, the least they could have done was toss some new clean baffles in there. It takes what, 30 seconds to reassemble the stack? It was just laziness and shitty outcome. So yeah, I have every right to be upset with my experience with KGM's customer service. Prior to that, I never really had a bad thing to say about them, as all 4 of my KGM built DA cans have been just fine.

I admitted that I ruined the finish, even though the company that makes the cleaner I was using changed their chemical compound without telling anyone, so the new batch had burnishing compound in it. The old stuff did not. That's why it never caused a problem in the past, but the one time I used the new liquid, it ate the nitride off. So, yeah, I guess you could say it's my fault, even though I really should only take 50% of the blame. But we'll roll with that.

And yeah, when I was promised a certain turn-around time, and then it went about 6 times longer than it was supposed until until Todd got on them do it, and then they didn't even do a good job on it, and instead of blasting the old finish off like you're supposed to, they just layered that shit up and caked it on, and didn't even even clean the baffles, and sent back a dirty ass can. That's lazy shit. If they didn't want to clean them, the least they could have done was toss some new clean baffles in there. It takes what, 30 seconds to reassemble the stack? It was just laziness and shitty outcome. So yeah, I have every right to be upset with my experience with KGM's customer service. Prior to that, I never really had a bad thing to say about them, as all 4 of my KGM built DA cans have been just fine.
Lol.