• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Duramax stock on order!!!!!!!

7stw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2010
winchendon mass.
I have been on the phone and online ALOT recently and WAS going to buy a medalist stock, but Stockys and Shooters discount had them on back order. So I decided to at least for now settle for a duramax model. I will at some point reorder and get a medalist. I am told that they are a decent stock, but may need a little tweaking, or bedding to really get them to shoot right. I have a Savage model 10fp, pre-accutrigger, flat top. Trigger has been adjusted, and will also be replaced, but is very smooth now, and no creep. Any thought or experience with the stock , much appreciated! AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL, Thanks in advance!

Re: New Duramax stock on order!!!!!!!

I personally like the Duramax stocks. I REALLY wished they would make them for the newer centerfeed rifles. If they did, I would be all over one!!

There are alot of people that choose the Tactical/Medalist stock, but I prefer a more traditional stock. I had a Tactical for my 10FP, but I got rid of it and went with the Savage VLP laminated stock due to the ergonomics fit me better.

DK

Re: New Duramax stock on order!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally like the Duramax stocks. I REALLY wished they would make them for the newer centerfeed rifles. If they did, I would be all over one!!

There are alot of people that choose the Tactical/Medalist stock, but I prefer a more traditional stock. I had a Tactical for my 10FP, but I got rid of it and went with the Savage VLP laminated stock due to the ergonomics fit me better.
The stock looks as though it should have good ergo, and I know what you mean b y that as well. The picture is a little vague, but somewhat resembles a HS precision pro series, such as a sendero stock. If it is that is fine with me. I own a couple of those and they feel good to me and LOP is perfect. Has anyone had good luck, bad luck, or a lot of work ahead. I know that it is a step up from the tupperware stock anyway.
DK </div></div>