• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New F-Class Rifle

kyle

Private
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2001
Fort Worth, TX
While I recognize this is a site primarily concerned with tactical shooting, I'm hoping you guys will share my joy over my new F-Class rifle.

Overall.jpg

Grip.jpg

RightSide.jpg

Receiver.jpg

This is a 6.5x47 built on a Barnard LB/RP/LE receiver, 28.5" Bartlein barrel, and a Master Class stock. Mark Pharr built the rifle. Many of the Texas contingent are well aware of Mark's great talents as a gunsmith and a marksman.

This project started out a long while ago with the first Stiller group buy. Midstream, I decided to abandon the tactical setup and instead build a dedicated F-Class rifle. That necessitated a different receiver and stock. Mark was very patient with me. I want everyone to pay close attention to how perfectly the receiver ports match up with the stock.

A change in jobs is necessitating a move from DFW to Houston so it may be a while before I get to shoot this baby. Going to mount NF 12-42x56 BR scope in Badger rings. Rifle weighs 16# as shown.

I lOVE it!

Re: New F-Class Rifle

I just got my 6.5x47 Lap built up on the same stock. Different action though.

Your going to be glad you went with that stock, it will fit you like a glove after you get it adjusted. And from what Ive seen so far from the 6.5x47lap it will be a shooter too.

good shooting

Jerid

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice Kyle, too bad I won't get to shoot it </div></div>

I'll still be in the great state of Texas Brian. We'll be seeing each other for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3wide</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What scope do you plan to use? </div></div>

Nightforce 12-42x56 BR. NP-2DD reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcats</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice setup.
looks like Barnard dual port 3 lug action.
</div></div>

Exactly. Left bolt, right feed, left eject.

Pharr does some good work!

Now, we have a 1k F-Class match this Sunday at Bayou Rifle here in Houston, if you're ready to roll.

We have them the 1st Sunday of every month as well, and your attendance will be expected!

Kyle, great looking rifle +1 on the Nightforce, I like the 8-32X56. contact Mark (above) great guy. We met at the Long Range Champs last October at Bayou Rifles. Great club. You are lucky being so close to a 1000 yard range for F-Class. Good luck, keep us posted on your new rifle project.

Looks good, and I love my Barnard action F-Clas rig. I'm not sure that they make a left handed one though, or am I wrong?

JeffVN

Recognised that bolt straight away as a Barnard. Its great to see New Zealand made appearing in the USA.
I also have Barnard made - its Barnard's own rifle an "07" in .308 ...
P1040076.jpg

Digit..

What is the name of that stock ? Who makes it ? Can you give me a internet link for it ?

Does it fit other actions ?

Beautiful Rifle Kyle.. i would be very proud to own a rifle like that.
Have fun with it, and let us know how she shoots. I`m jealous
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeffvn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good, and I love my Barnard action F-Clas rig. I'm not sure that they make a left handed one though, or am I wrong?

JeffVN </div></div>

Left bolt no problem. Because I'm left-eye dominant, I shoot all my long guns left handed. I choose the dual port model so that I could feed with my right, more dexterous hand but eject the spent cases to left and out of the "loading area".

Mac Tilton (MT Guns) keeps many versions of the Barnards in stock. This was an off the shelf purchase for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TomS308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Digit..

What is the name of that stock ? Who makes it ? Can you give me a internet link for it ?

Does it fit other actions ? </div></div>

More info here...
http://www.barnard.co.nz/17487.html

do they hold f class competitions anywhere near dfw, or are they all near bastrop? nice rifle by the way. i love my 6.5x47.

Bayou Rifles here in Houston as two F-Class matches per month. 1k on the first Sunday and 300 or 600 on the 3rd Sunday.

Wow
thats looks sweet, betting it shoots great to...never seen a rifle Mark bulit that didnt bug hole

Have to hookup and do some shoots in Houston...after it Kools off thou this heat is to much for me

What load you planning on useing??
You had mark throat it long right so you load @2.800
IF SO use 130's they just rock in this cal
41.5gr H4350 if you got same barrel as me it? 2975fps is easy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackhawk95</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kyle,

What kind of front rest are you going to be using?

Jerid </div></div>

ShadeTree CoAx top on Sinclair base.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Karl2U</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What load you planning on useing??
You had mark throat it long right so you load @2.800
IF SO use 130's they just rock in this cal
41.5gr H4350 if you got same barrel as me it? 2975fps is easy
</div></div>

It is throated with a 0.118 freebore. Mark loaded me up some Lapua 123/139 dummy rounds with the bullet just touching the lands. Can't remember COAL. I'll also evaluate Berger 130.

Plan to test H4361, RL-15, and maybe even some Varget.

Haven't even begun to think about starting loads. We in Houston at the moment trying to buy a house.
crazy.gif

Bro
there is a guy in Texas, cant remember his name does rest called OUTBACK

Ck over on 6br in forums for pics etc or i can provide some.

IIRC mine was like $300 shipped to house, for money ya beat it