• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision New FLIR -The RS Dedicated Thermal Weapon Scope- 60mm units just arrived!

Not bad for a backyard video, best demonstration of the instrument's performance is to show it working in real life under all kinds of real world conditions, instead of some perfect planned professional production under ideal conditions glossed over with the production editing softare, the real thing is the real thing, even if it is compressed greatly for internet consumption.

Gents, here is the skinny on the Vid cable for anyone here receiving an RS. It was NOT released with the 320 and 640 systems because they were not done and they (FLIR) did not want to hold up the entire scopes from shipping out to us.

FLIR will give us the choice of them sending the cables direct drop ship or sending them to us for delivery. I for one do not like giving anyone outside the TNVC wire our customer information (that is our strong policy)....So as soon as we receive them (we will get a firm ETA), we will ship them at no extra shipping costs of course to all our customers.

Thank you all.

Vic Di Cosola

Spruced up the SIG 556 RS64-35 with some custom Moroccan Walnut grips!

SIG%20556%20RS64%20Wood%20Grip.jpg

SIG%20556%20RS64%20Wood%20Grip%20Close.jpg

Another video/photos of a RS64-35mm.

Don't get me wrong, the imagery looks excellent..... But where is the RS32-19!!!!!! :)

Is anyone planning on mounting one of these on a .22 long rifle for night vermin control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk?

Just got my RS32B 2 - 9x with 35 mm lense in 60hz from the good folks at TNVC.
Very impressed with the robust construction and clear image.
One quirk: it makes a weird barely audible sound every few seconds. Maybe that has to do with refreshing. Not sure.
I already like this unit better than a similar spec Thor I've used before and it's almost half the price.
We will mount it on a few different suppressed platforms (probably the 16" LaRue OBR, 14.5" Noveske), test it on some hogs and report back with pictures!!

Is anyone planning on mounting one of these on a .22 long rifle for night vermin control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I have the 1.1-9 FLIR on order. When it gets here the first thing ill put in on is either a suppressed 10/22 or on my Daystate Airwolf.

The soon to be released RS Production model video cable is custom designed to work in concert with the RS Series thermal scopes for video recording and keep wiring from getting caught up or obstructing the scope:

RS%20Production%20Cable.png
[

Just got my RS32B 2 - 9x with 35 mm lense in 60hz from the good folks at TNVC.
Very impressed with the robust construction and clear image.
One quirk: it makes a weird barely audible sound every few seconds. Maybe that has to do with refreshing. Not sure.
I already like this unit better than a similar spec Thor I've used before and it's almost half the price.
We will mount it on a few different suppressed platforms (probably the 16" LaRue OBR, 14.5" Noveske), test it on some hogs and report back with pictures!!

Thank you for the purchase, and we look forward to your pics.

As for your quirk. This is a NUC, happens every 2 minutes or so. Will happen more frequently as the sensor adjusts to the ambient temp. If you press and release the power button, the unit will do a manual NUC and will give you two minutes of NUC-Free use. I do this after the stalk and prior to the first shot. Again, this is assuming temps are stable. Hope this helps. : -)

Vic

Hi Vic
Thanks I finally saw that in the owners manual.
Got a bad habit of playing first and reading later.
When I get my cable, what do you recommend for video recording / storage?

Hi Vic
Thanks I finally saw that in the owners manual.
Got a bad habit of playing first and reading later.
When I get my cable, what do you recommend for video recording / storage?

While a bit more expensive than some others. I really like this unit I personally use. Lawmate PV?1000 Touch Portable DVR with Internal 320 GB Hard Drive: The World's Best Portable Digital Video Recorder for Covert Surveillance Use Love the internal hard drive and resolution of the unit.

Vic

Check this one out, remote power and record with vibrating confirmation. Have used these a few times... http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CXV2FXE/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1395771126&sr=8-3&pi=SX200_QL40

Thanks both of these look like good options. Ideally, I think I want everything contained to the rifle, out of the way, out of mind and always at the ready capturing where I can focus on walking up, taking the shot and worry about editing later. We mostly go to the hogs instead of them coming to us so I thought it would be cool to combine some go pro footage with some thru the reticle footage.

I have four of the SPI DVRs and they are the ONLY sealed waterproof portable DVRs that I know of, totally waterproof is important to me as I hunt in extremely wet areas with lots of rain and high humidity.

What I like about the SPI DVR is it is super simple to operate instantly in the dark using just tactile touch to turn on and record in a matter of two seconds. All the buttons are on top and simple to operate and get to, in addition the LCD screens lets you know that a recording connection has been made and then you can program the LCD screen to blank out after 5 seconds to kill any light, or you can leave it on if you want to watch live video.

It records in 720X480 pixels NTSC at either 30fps or 60 fps, and it records to a SDHC card, so no moving parts. Batteries last a couple of hours too. You don't need anymore than 720X480 as no thermal weapon scope puts out higher density pixels than that.

I put a piece of heavy duty industrial Velcro onto the side of my scopes and the SPI DVR and just attach the DVR to the scope to keep wiring from interfering with mobility, which is a huge concern out in the woods on any actual hunt.

T70%20DVR.jpg

On the RS 64, I put the velcro onto the right side of the scope and attached the DVR there.

I just received mine today!! RS64 35mm

Unfortunately the last 2 weekends were scheduled night hunts. May be a little bit before I can night hunt, but a range session is scheduled for tomorrow!!

Have had a number of PMs whether or not you can see turkeys during the day with thermal....

Gobbler%20&%20Two%20Hens.jpg

Gobbler%20&%20Two%20Hens%202X.jpg

Will have a short video later...

You guys are fortunate you purchased a genuine FLIR RS product as there is excellent service after the purchase, a software update to correct the problem of starting up with the same shutdown configuration in all modes will soon be released...

Here is the download software update from FLIR for the RS scopes:

Sorry but it is only good for PC and not Mac....

https://flir.app.box.com/s/5bzbdkaz0uqsem9hjkfo

Download both files to desktop and plug RS scope into USB to the PC, it will recognize it as any external drive, then simply follow the instructions included in the zip file....

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this Skypup. You beat us to it. Another reason why we like working with FLIR. These folks REALLY listen to the consumer and really attempt to go the extra mile! I cannot say enough good things how good their support is.

Those Vid cables are also still getting worked on, and we will send them out to our customers as soon as we get them.

Vic

You guys are fortunate you purchased a genuine FLIR RS product as there is excellent service after the purchase, a software update to correct the problem of starting up with the same shutdown configuration in all modes will soon be released...

Here is the download software update from FLIR for the RS scopes:

Sorry but it is only good for PC and not Mac....

https://flir.app.box.com/s/5bzbdkaz0uqsem9hjkfo

Download both files to desktop and plug RS scope into USB to the PC, it will recognize it as any external drive, then simply follow the instructions included in the zip file....

Skypup,

Have you heard whether or not different reticle options will be available in future software upgrades? If so that would be huge.

How will reticles be updated in the RS and t-70, will both units have to return to flir or any user programability?

Not sure about the T-70, will have to talk to FLIR GS about that.

However the RS scopes plugged into a PC via USB cable appear as an external drive and FLIR posts the update on their site, you just download it and update the firmware.

I hope the GS series are as easy but not sure yet.

Spent some time last night with a couple RS64 35mm units testing along side of a T-70 flat open field terrain with possible targets ranging from 30-450 yards. We were able to ID several species of animals at various distances during common conditions. Temps ranging from 62-50 degrees. A high moisture content in the air and rapid temp changes had only minimal effect on the image depending on the color mode selected with black hot being the best for the evening on both the RS64 and the T-70. The RS64 had no issues at all identifying deer at 380 yards with only a small amount of time observing movement. Overall I was impressed with its performance, features, and ease of operations given the pricing. The mounting system had no issue returning to a pre-recorded zero after being moved from gun to gun and shot to check zero. no adjustments were needed after being remove and reinstalled then set to the pre-recorded elevation and windage data. More to come.

Last edited:
Spent some time last night with a couple RS64 35mm units testing along side of a T-70 flat open field terrain with possible targets ranging from 30-450 yards. We were able to ID several species of animals at various distances during common conditions. Temps ranging from 62-50 degrees. A high moisture content in the air and rapid temp changes had only minimal effect on the image depending on the color mode selected with black hot being the best for the evening on both the RS64 and the T-70. The RS64 had no issues at all identifying deer at 380 yards with only a small amount of time observing movement. Overall I was impressed with its performance, features, and ease of operations given the pricing. The mounting system had no issue returning to a pre-recorded zero after being moved from gun to gun and shot to check zero. no adjustments were needed after being remove and reinstalled then set to the pre-recorded elevation and windage data. More to come.

Good initial report. My initial deer observations were about 320 yards with the 640/35mm, but very damp conditions we present in my locale at that time . We were happy the initial mount was replaced with our very first photo's with the pre-production model. ;-)

Vic

For the Current Software and Future Software/Firmware Upgrades on the PS/LS/RS thermals, go here:

Personal Vision Resources

Those of you who own FLIR PS/LS/RS thermals should bookmark this page.

The current new RS upgrade corrects the RS so that it starts up exactly as it was shut down in all modes, not just B&W.

This little guy was walking by @ 70 yards... Must have heard the call or smelled the rotissory chicken bait...

4yhumyvy.jpg

I don't have pics through the tube of my RS64 35m. SkyPup has done a great job showing what to expect. I can say I'm extremely happy with my purchase!!! I'm actually a little disappointed in my NV setup now because how impressed I am with my FLIR thermal scope!!

This little guy was walking by @ 70 yards... Must have heard the call or smelled the rotissory chicken bait...

4yhumyvy.jpg

I had dogs in the crosshairs night before last but they never stopped trotting around, then last night they would not step out of the forest canopy into the open, hope to get one soon though.

Nice work with the FLIR RS though!!!

Ok guys, FLIR just gave me the heads up that their new support "Resources" link page is now live with the RS Series added for smooth optimization support. Personal Vision Resources

It's great to know FLIR has really listened to the community with such great customer support in such a short amount of time in regards to the RS series line. As we know the scope just came out.
icon_smile.gif

Edit, Once again to reiterate, once the USB cables are complete, we will send these out at no charge to all our TNVC customers. FLIR did not want to hold up any initial orders to begin with the cables not being complete.

Last edited:
My RS64 35MM is on the truck, WhooHoo! Thanks Vic!

My RS64 35MM is on the truck, WhooHoo! Thanks Vic!

Wow just checked my email and mine has shipped also, can't wait! The night vision with IR laser along with FLIR PS32 has worked well but this will add another dimension. Just watched through FLIR this weekend as some hogs escaped the shooter using night vision as they stood out glowing red in the FLIR. So grateful to Skypup and Vic for bringing me up to speed on on the gear. Now I can spend more time shooting hogs and less time filling in holes in my pastures.

It really is a nice easy to use instrument that will be a total game changer once you get it into the field...