• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New from Scotland

Highland Stalker

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2018
Hi,

I'm from bonnie Scotland. I do a lot of stalking (deer hunting) and have done for the past 12 years. This started purely as a hobby but now makes me a bit of money contracting on the side. I shoot a few hundred deer a year. Last season's total was 416 (mostly Red deer, some Roe deer). This is mainly within 300m, but sometimes out to around 400m. I use a 6.5x55 shooting handloaded 143 ELDX or a 308 shooting factory 150gr RWS somethings(!) when I can't shoot handloads in certain places for insurance reasons (essentially government land).

Recently, i've started shooting steel at some longer ranges with a few friends - nothing serious, just gongs out to 800 metres. I've really enjoyed shooting at long range. Well, I would class that as 'long' - probably doesn't fit into that category for a lot of the members of this site!
I use Swarovski Z6i scopes on my rifles - optically great, but have an elevation turret with one turn and limited range.

This site seems to be a mine of info for me, particularly with regards to optics. I've decided i want something FFP with higher mag. A friend has a Minox ZP5 - it's excellent.

Anyway... loads of great stuff on here - plenty of knowledge i can apply i'm sure.

Welcome aboard. The wife and I visited Scotland for a week last year. Awesome country and we can’t wait to go back.