• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New GAP Extreme Hunter in 6.5 SAUM

Norma brass and oal is 2.885 with the 140 hybrids. And i do like the folder jarhead,, it does have just a little play at the hindge but its not noticeable off the bag. It sure makes it easier to haul around when barrel is a yard long with the can on. Rifle weighs 13.5 pnds with can off.

It was CLR and I think mine is too far gone for CLR to handle all that fouling in a timely manner at least. 48 hours soaking only yielded me .5 oz of carbon out. It looked like a ton of stuff came out but the scale showed otherwise. Even through I didn't do much weight wise it does sound a lot better so I must have got the carbon out of the right places lol.

Has anyone tried Bore Tech carbon cleaner? That stuff really eats carbon like anything I have ever used. As far as cans on magnum calibers I always use my 338P can because the 30P can didn't seem to handle that high of a powder charge and will also be using it on my 6.5 SAUM.

Every time I see this rifle I question myself and my 3 color flectarn selection. Well done Well done on your rig. . Sweet looking rifle and impressive shooting. GAP camo on the next one for sure

range008.jpg

Round count: 2288.

Has anyone tried Bore Tech carbon cleaner? That stuff really eats carbon like anything I have ever used. As far as cans on magnum calibers I always use my 338P can because the 30P can didn't seem to handle that high of a powder charge and will also be using it on my 6.5 SAUM.

use a rubber stopper in the muzzle end of the can fill it with Bore Tech Carbon remover let it sit a couple days shake it a few times during those 2 days it will dissolve all the carbon and unburnt powder out!

use a rubber stopper in the muzzle end of the can fill it with Bore Tech Carbon remover let it sit a couple days shake it a few times during those 2 days it will dissolve all the carbon and unburnt powder out!

Is Bore Tech safe for titanium George?

I'm pretty sure it is but I will be calling BT this week to find out. I know the stuff works on carbon like no other cleaner I've ever used and have wanted to see what it does in my cans. Thanks George!

New GAP Extreme Hunter in 6.5 SAUM

I'm pretty sure it is but I will be calling BT this week to find out. I know the stuff works on carbon like no other cleaner I've ever used and have wanted to see what it does in my cans. Thanks George!

Sounds good man. Maybe [MENTION=2015]Zak Smith[/MENTION] can chime in as well.

EDIT: Bore Tech emailed me back very fast and says its safe for use on Titanium. May have to try this...

Last edited:
Harvester Questions

News Flash!!!

For guys wanting to run Suppressors on their extreme hunter rifles. John and James at Silencerco have made Their Harvester Suppressor available with special threads to fit the Extreme hunters!

mysa6y5e.jpg
dyneqeze.jpg

Stay tuned for a Mini Silencerco Harvester Group buy!

By the way the it only weighs 11 oz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi George,

A couple of questions in regards to the Harvester suppressor. I'm a newbie to long range shooting so I sincerely appreciate your patience if the questions are obvious to most. Can the Harvester Suppressor be used with the specified Bartlein barrel or is a barrel upgrade needed? Does it affect accuracy or range? How does it attach? Found out today that my X Hunter is due some time in May. The new Bushnell is sitting on the bench ready to install and Copper Creek sent the ammo already. Can't wait!

Sounds good man. Maybe [MENTION=2015]Zak Smith[/MENTION] can chime in as well.

EDIT: Bore Tech emailed me back very fast and says its safe for use on Titanium. May have to try this...

Thanks for the update, I was at the range today, going to try it on one of my 30P's

Finally had a sunny day to get to the range and play with the new toy.

I'm still tweaking the load as I'm pretty sure I made an error excessively bumping the shoulder while necking down .300 SAUM brass. Thus no glowing range report.

Action: Savage 12 Varmint
Trigger: Rifle Basix
Barrel: Hawk Hill Custom 1 in 8.5", 27" finished length, Heavy Varmint contour (heavy as f#ck!) :cool:
Stock: Manners T2 (40% Dark Earth, 30% Coyote Tan, 30% OD Green)
DBM: CDI
Suppressor: TBAC 30P-1
Gunsmith: Pendergraft Gunworks

It still needs Cerakoted in APA Sage and a new PSR BT47 Atlas bipod. Both of those should happen in late June.

[MENTION=46585]bunsen27[/MENTION]

Be careful running your 30P-1 on a magnum load. It should be fine but I always like to air on the side of caution. I believe the 30P-1 is rated up to 90gr of powder. Just keep an eye on your blast baffle for serious erosion marks.

[MENTION=46585]bunsen27[/MENTION]

Be careful running your 30P-1 on a magnum load. It should be fine but I always like to air on the side of caution. I believe the 30P-1 is rated up to 90gr of powder. Just keep an eye on your blast baffle for serious erosion marks.

Thanks for the good info. I saw the post earlier about excessive carbon build up. I know after about 20 rounds my crown was REALLY caked with hard carbon fouling. I'm going to watch it very closely and may ultimately opt to shoot it unsuppressed.

I've been running 73grains of h1000 through my 30-ba on my 300wm. Haven't had any noticeable issues yet...

I placed my order for an Extreme Hunter a few days ago. With a near 6 month lead, I have some time to kill.

If any brass vendors are reading this thread, please get a batch of high quality factory brass going :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I snagged a GAP 6.5 4s, anyone have a lead on some dies? Also I have a lead on retumbo but no h1000 to be had anywhere. Is there a good load with retumbo and 140 bergers??

I snagged a GAP 6.5 4s, anyone have a lead on some dies? Also I have a lead on retumbo but no h1000 to be had anywhere. Is there a good load with retumbo and 140 bergers??

I had very good results with 61- 62.5gr of Retumbo, 140 Hybrids and 139gr Scenars.

Let's hurry the group buy on the harvesters so I'm not too old to use it by the time ATF processes the paperwork. I had thought with efile I might see it for 14/15 hunting season. Well. @@@@ they pulled efile so looks like 15/16 season maybe.

I want one, wonder if one can get it by hunting season? I'm calling Monday

Last edited:
I've been running 73grains of h1000 through my 30-ba on my 300wm. Haven't had any noticeable issues yet...

I would consult TBAC but you sound close to the limit on what it can handle.... If I can recall Zach said no more then 70gr of powder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would consult TBAC but you sound close to the limit on what it can handle.... If I can recall Zach said no more then 70gr of powder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe it's 80 grains as the 30P-1 is .300WM rated. Most .300WM use 75 grains or more of powder. If it was a short barrel 6.5 SAUM then I would agree there could possibly be and issue with pressure. I run my 30P-1 on a 300WM all the time.

Ordered a GAP 6.5 SAUM 4S last week. I went with a #4 contour barrel to support use of my TBA 30BA. Dies ordered just need brass and powder. It's going to be a long wait!

Ordered a GAP 6.5 SAUM 4S last week. I went with a #4 contour barrel to support use of my TBA 30BA. Dies ordered just need brass and powder. It's going to be a long wait!

I ordered mine with a #4 as well. Should have it in hand by tomorrow or Tues if I have to work late :)

First group was 61.5 of h1000 and a 140 Berger hybrid .030 off lands and second group was 62.5 of h1000 and a140 Berger hybrid .030 off lands. I also shot some 130's with 63.5 grs and had I payed attention to the wind it might have been great. 2 we're touching and one was out a couple inches with zero vertical. Will be shooting that load again paying more attention to the wind. Ooh almost forgot dumb me thanks guys.

Last edited:
Interesting....never really looked at Silencerco products. Have to see how this plays out.

Hi George,

A couple of questions in regards to the Harvester suppressor. I'm a newbie to long range shooting so I sincerely appreciate your patience if the questions are obvious to most. Can the Harvester Suppressor be used with the specified Bartlein barrel or is a barrel upgrade needed? Does it affect accuracy or range? How does it attach? Found out today that my X Hunter is due some time in May. The new Bushnell is sitting on the bench ready to install and Copper Creek sent the ammo already. Can't wait!

It can be used on the X Hunter... I am guessing there will be a POI change, but probably minimal.
Attach by unthreading the Vias brake and attack supressor.
i will be there this afternoon to see in person :)

It can be used on the X Hunter... I am guessing there will be a POI change, but probably minimal.

Tell the boys I said hello......Goerge taking you catfishing?

Awesome. I'm in. Now gotta figure out what I have to do to obtain one in the state of Arizona. If anyone is from Arizona and has advice, it would be much appreciated.

409196658.jpg

409196643.jpg

I have 12 sets in stock already converted to 6.5 SAUM with the Seating stem changed out and the Decaping rod changed to 6.5 Sizer button come with both the 2.90 and.295 bushings, and Comp seater with VLD Stem!

They are $278 + $12 Shipping

Also have a few hundred pieces of brass converted to 6.5 SAUM, turned, trimmed, ready to load. $2.00 each all on Rem 300 SAUM Brass.

Call Ken or Tracey for Purchase (816) 221-1844

409196667.jpg

409196665.jpg

409196676.jpg

Will kick off the Group buy for Silencerco Harvesters set up for the Extreme hunter this evening I will run it till the end of the month May 1st, 2014. Price will be $660 with the 1/2x32 back-plate for the Extreme hunter, an additional back-plate for 5/8x24 can be had for $50

Immediate payment for the can is necessary and it will be an Aprox 4-5 month wait till the Suppressors deliver to your SOT hopfully sooner!! as you know this is a Wait for BATF Suppressors are in stock!!

Shipping will be $18

PM me with your full name address and Phone # we will call you for SOT and Payment, Or Email at [email protected]

Thanks

George
G.A. Precision

Tell the boys I said hello......Goerge taking you catfishing?

Dont know about fishing, but been to the shop and future range...

the Harvester suppressor is badass !! Nice and light, back plate changes out to run on multiple platforms, seperate plates available for different thread pitches..... Great price point !

First time out with the 6.5 4S tonight. I agree with Pat's words above. Holy shit!!!

Yep! Not booked with Pete this year but I am looking for an opportunity!

Got to shoot my new GAP 6.5 SAUM this weekend! I think I'm really really going to love this gun.
The barrel quit fouling after the 3 shot. The first 50 break in rounds went smooth. Not getting the velocity that some of you are getting, I assume the barrel will speed up a bit as I get more rounds down the tube.
Best grouping so far, came with a H1000 63gr, Rem brass, Fed 215m, 2.860 COAL (new reamer) shorter than I thought I'd go, but it seemed to work - .4moa group. My velocity (Magnetospeed) was avg 3180 ish w/ 130 H VLDs. I need to load more at that length and shoot them to confirm. Hoping the fire formed brass helps as well.

Question: by looking at the numbers are most of you using a 200 yard zero for hunting? It seems to be logical, but wonder what others have decided on.

Thanks.

I recently received my GAP custom build with a Sendero Contour barrel. Is otherwise an Extreme Hunter. I built it this way b/c I was told that was the "minimum contour" for a suppressor. Wanted that option. Is it just POI shift? Am I missing something? Just got my TBAC 30BA. Haven't even used it yet.

I recently received my GAP custom build with a Sendero Contour barrel. Is otherwise an Extreme Hunter. I built it this way b/c I was told that was the "minimum contour" for a suppressor. Wanted that option. Is it just POI shift? Am I missing something? Just got my TBAC 30BA. Haven't even used it yet.

Had mine built with a #4 Bartlein, because I wanted the suppressor option. If I understand your question correctly, we could not use a suppressor with the Xtreme's #3 barrel - because there wasn't enough meat at the end of the barrel for the threading that would match a suppressor's thread.

Although, George recently announced that the Harvester suppressor was going to be available in the near future with a custom thread mount for a #3 barrel.

Ok, thought I'd post this here to give the 6.5 SAUM guys first shot. I've got 200 pieces of new in bag Rem 300 SAUM (4 bags of 50) brass I am going to sell. $210 shipped CONUS. PM me if interested.