• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing New Hunting Bullets Available

If it’s not as fast as I want, and has to much pressure I’ll have 1/2” cut off and just chambered in 7SAUM.
My buddy had a saun 26 inch ran the 180 eldms 2970ish h1000 and 197 smk 2780 h1000 no pressure signs

Hopefully this week. I have been running g 375s cor a contract we got. 7mm are first on the list after that.

I also need to make 6s and 30s
Did you get the 7mm bullets made and in stock yet?

If it’s not as fast as I want, and has to much pressure I’ll have 1/2” cut off and just chambered in 7SAUM.
Don't even worry about it while fire forming.
My 30 Sherman was slower than a PRC during forming but after that I'm getting 3025 with the 212 lrx shooting .4 moa or better.
You lose velocity when the case is blown out.
Let us know where you end up after final load development

Hi Folks,
Sorry for the delay in getting these done. It's humbling to see how much surgery can knock someone back physically, I was not expecting to be so fatigued so quickly a week later.

Anyway, we got the swiss back to making hunting bullets and chugging on the stuff we needed to fill and I appreciate everyone's patience in the matter.

170s are back in stock, I've got about 1100 of them finishing up now and backorders are filled.
151's are in stock as well.

The 6.5mm 122's are well stocked
I have 6mm 101's and everything in 30 caliber ready to ship.

Also, this week we're going to be announcing the full details of a marketing contest for hunters using our bullets to take big game. Until I can get that written up, just keep in mind that we need photos and a quick write-up of the hunt/harvest for submissions.

Good luck in the field!

Reactions: SPAK
Hi Folks,
Sorry for the delay in getting these done. It's humbling to see how much surgery can knock someone back physically, I was not expecting to be so fatigued so quickly a week later.

Anyway, we got the swiss back to making hunting bullets and chugging on the stuff we needed to fill and I appreciate everyone's patience in the matter.

170s are back in stock, I've got about 1100 of them finishing up now and backorders are filled.
151's are in stock as well.

The 6.5mm 122's are well stocked
I have 6mm 101's and everything in 30 caliber ready to ship.

Also, this week we're going to be announcing the full details of a marketing contest for hunters using our bullets to take big game. Until I can get that written up, just keep in mind that we need photos and a quick write-up of the hunt/harvest for submissions.

Good luck in the field!
That is awesome is it just easier to order online order call in I'm not sure if I want the 150 ones or the one 170s right now I have a 28 Nosler shooting 145 grain bullet getting crazy pressure and only can push it to about 3,300 seems like everybody else is way more than me

That is awesome is it just easier to order online order call in I'm not sure if I want the 150 ones or the one 170s right now I have a 28 Nosler shooting 145 grain bullet getting crazy pressure and only can push it to about 3,300 seems like everybody else is way more than me
Probably easiest online, and my suggestion is try a pack of both and see which the rifle likes better. One paper the 170 makes more sense but some guys are opting to run 151s because their rifle likes them better and they go another 100fps faster.

If you call I am interested to hear about your barrel. I spoke to another customer this weekend who is experiencing pressure problems with all types of bullets. His 65 prc is 150fps slower with everything from my bullets to 143eldx, I suspect his bore is choked down

Probably easiest online, and my suggestion is try a pack of both and see which the rifle likes better. One paper the 170 makes more sense but some guys are opting to run 151s because their rifle likes them better and they go another 100fps faster.

If you call I am interested to hear about your barrel. I spoke to another customer this weekend who is experiencing pressure problems with all types of bullets. His 65 prc is 150fps slower with everything from my bullets to 143eldx, I suspect his bore is choked down
I think i have a tight bore and just not getting speed without pressure. But with the 170 i would have bc to carry it out to 900 yards for elk

I can call when you want me to. Im really leaning the 170 and hope for 3000 feet

I can call when you want me to. Im really leaning the 170 and hope for 3000 feet

The 151 will carry to 900 for elk without a problem too, it's got a pretty substantial BC, but I see where you're coming from.
Go ahead and give me a call now. I can talk for a few mins and then I need to get to finishing up a machine setup to run some brake parts tonight.

Got the 151 ordered excited to try. Also wanted to say thank you Josh for taking time to talk with me about barrel and issues i was having even though he didnt do any of the work.

Have you tested the bc on those 170 does it hold up .375 g7?

haven’t taken it long yet. Going to finish up my load tomorrow then hopefully Sunday shoot them long.

Got the 151 in mail today wow they look good. Great design i see why they have such a good bc. Going to be testing in the coming days.

Josh, any chance of a .20cal offering? I know the market isn‘t huge but I’d love a high bc 45-55gr pill.

Just to clarify, I rechecked my notes and gave the wrong coal for that initial creedmoor load. This the correct load info:
Peterson brass
Cci 200
122gr Cayuga
2.850”

Below is a picture of 4 shot group at 330 yards with the same load. I think with some fine tuning it’ll shoot pretty well.

How far off the lands are you with this COAL?

Anyone tried the 77gr 22 caliber bullets out of a 223 on deer sized game yet? I have a grandson that will be shooting his first deer in the next year or so. I have a Tikka Varmint 1-8" that I am going to cut down to make it handier with a suppressor for hunting. Might re-chamber to 223AI to make up fo the lost velocity. Looks like a good bullet for a shoulder shot on a Kansas whitetail.

Josh, any chance of a .20cal offering? I know the market isn‘t huge but I’d love a high bc 45-55gr pill.

In a 20c bullet you'd need a VERY fast twist rate for a 50gr weight class bullet. Remember that copper is less dense than lead so to make an equivalent weight the length is much longer. For example, the 124 6.5mm Match bullet is the same length as a 140 Hybrid and the 210 30c Cayuga is about 0.15" longer than a 230 Berger

The 71gr 224 match bullet must use a 1:7 twist, I suspect to get a 45-55gr 20cal bullet we're talking at least 1 if not 2 or 2.5" faster than normal for them which likely means a dedicated barrel.

Are the 170 7mm’s in stock

Yes, we have them in stock as well as 151's, 122's, and the 30's. I'm also working on running more of everything now so that we don't run out again during hunting season.

How far off the lands are you with this COAL?

@SPAK 's 6.5 Creed has a couple thousand rounds on it by now, so it's tough to say. That load length came from me and I have had good success with it using barrels that were perfectly brand new, never a round fired as well as various stages of life of a few hundred rounds, about 1000, and a barrel with almost 1700 on it as well as SPAK's which I chambered about 6 years ago now.

Have no idea.... too far to measure with my tools. Seems very tolerant of jump lol.

@SPAK 's 6.5 Creed has a couple thousand rounds on it by now, so it's tough to say. That load length came from me and I have had good success with it using barrels that were perfectly brand new, never a round fired as well as various stages of life of a few hundred rounds, about 1000, and a barrel with almost 1700 on it as well as SPAK's which I chambered about 6 years ago now.
[/QUOTE]

That is a really good point lol. Throat is well worn in for sure..

Just tried the 151 showing great promise should of started with these. Tried a few powders in 28 nosler 3189 to over 3300 pretty good groups as well.

Reactions: bohem and Bangin
For those shooting 27 caliber hunting rifles, I just updated the website to add our 126 grain Cayuga.
It requires a 10 twist (which is pretty standard in the 27 caliber chamberings)
126 grains
The BC measured at 500 and 700 yard is published at 0.245/0.505 for G7/G1 average, they were shot from a factory Tikka in 270 Winchester
The bullet is a variant of the 6.5mm 122 and it shot pretty nicely in the 270 with a minimum book load for the 130 Hornady Soft Points. Speed was a bit over 2900 with 52 grains of H4350

Last edited:
Reactions: Schw15
bohem are you going to extend your 7mm line up with more target bullet options? I know you have the 151 but anything in the works for something bigger?

bohem are you going to extend your 7mm line up with more target bullet options? I know you have the 151 but anything in the works for something bigger?

Quick question for @bohem
I just got a pack of your 170 cayugas today that I'll be shooting in a custom 7 wsm.
I should have it back in a little over a week and I had it throated for 175 ablrs.
The bearing surface of the cayuga is about .045 shorter than the ablr so its gonna have some freebore..
Are they sensitive to jump?
Awesome looking bullets BTW
Heres a pic of the two with the ablr at 3.1 and the cayuga at 3.2
Resized_Resized_20201010_150530.jpeg

Quick question for @bohem
I just got a pack of your 170 cayugas today that I'll be shooting in a custom 7 wsm.
I should have it back in a little over a week and I had it throated for 175 ablrs.
The bearing surface of the cayuga is about .045 shorter than the ablr so its gonna have some freebore..
Are they sensitive to jump?
Awesome looking bullets BTW
Heres a pic of the two with the ablr at 3.1 and the cayuga at 3.2

Snazzy looking dummy rounds! Makes me want to resurrect my 7/300WSM for a hunting rifle for next year.

The 170's aren't particularly jump sensitive. The 151's and 170's share a bearing surface and pilot band location, the 170 has a new nose on it that moves the Cg and Cp around so reports are that it is not as forgiving as the 151 but it's still pretty easy to tune.

I'm not familiar with the 175 ABLR's except by reputation, never shot them. So I can't provide a direct comparison to that bullet. I would suggest that you start with a charge weight that is middle of the road for 175-180's and you'll likely end up working up from there unless you have a tight bore barrel.

Reactions: 762 ULTRAMAGA

I've been toying with it, worked some on a mid 160's class that would be for 8tw barrels
Going heavier than that means abnormally fast barrels like 7tw 7mm, which I've seen work great but not with standard barrels.

I would like to expand the big 7s like we did with the big 30's for guys that want to live adventerously. I absolutely love shooting the 300WSM with 241's in it and watching jaws drop when it stacks impacts at 2000yd.

Reactions: 1jonathan1994
I've been toying with it, worked some on a mid 160's class that would be for 8tw barrels
Going heavier than that means abnormally fast barrels like 7tw 7mm, which I've seen work great but not with standard barrels.

I would like to expand the big 7s like we did with the big 30's for guys that want to live adventerously. I absolutely love shooting the 300WSM with 241's in it and watching jaws drop when it stacks impacts at 2000yd.
What would the bc be on the 160? I dont mind running at 7 twist lol it would be awesome

What would the bc be on the 160? I dont mind running at 7 twist lol it would be awesome
RIght now it's tentatively a 166 gr and the BC is pretty much the same as the 198 30 cal. In the mid 0.8's
With the weight and BC combo it's a pretty high performance round.
We tried a 197 grain 7mm in a 6.5 twist about 6-7 yeears ago and it was great til 400yd at which point it totally disappeared from view.
I don't really want to publish more than that because it's a prototype. Same with the 7 twist designs.

Right now I'm blessed with more to do than I have time to accomplish due to getting sick in September so I have not been doing much work on the bullet development side of things.

Has anyone worked up the 151gr 7mm Cayuga for 7mm-08 Rem? Hunted with it?
Any thoughts or info on this from @bohem or the broader 'hide would be appreciated, thanks.

RIght now it's tentatively a 166 gr and the BC is pretty much the same as the 198 30 cal. In the mid 0.8's
We tried a 197 grain 7mm in a 6.5 twist about 6-7 yeears ago and it was great til 400yd at which point it totally disappeared from view.
I don't really want to publish more than that because it's a prototype. Same with the 7 twist designs.

Right now I'm blessed with more to do than I have time to accomplish due to getting sick in September so I have not been doing much work on the bullet development side of things.
Well i would be happy with that 166 grain lol

Abo

About to take it deer and elk in a 28 nosler find out in a couple weeks

Has anyone worked up the 151gr 7mm Cayuga for 7mm-08 Rem? Hunted with it?
Any thoughts or info on this from @bohem or the broader 'hide would be appreciated, thanks.
I did it in a 7mm Creedmoor. It's simple enough to get 2900+ with the bullet, I would suggest looking at Varget and similar burn rate powders. I used IMR4166 adn CFE223

I loaded them at 2.82 because that's where my seating die happened to be setup. It shot touching holes at 200yd and a credit card sized group at 700 so I stopped there.

I did it in a 7mm Creedmoor. It's simple enough to get 2900+ with the bullet, I would suggest looking at Varget and similar burn rate powders. I used IMR4166 adn CFE223

I loaded them at 2.82 because that's where my seating die happened to be setup. It shot touching holes at 200yd and a credit card sized group at 700 so I stopped there.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. Will try with Varget since I have it on hand.

Reactions: bohem
The 257 hunting bullet is here

117gr
8tw required
1.365 OAL
It will use the same throat as the 131 Blackjack

G7 0.282 when I tested them to 700 however I had some equipment issues that day so I need to confirm that value

We got them to 3200fps in a 25 Creed, these things scream

They are on sale for the launch until Sunday for 17.76% off, no limit. If we run out I will honor back order pricing for anything placed before the sale ends.

Attachments

• 20201014_105212.jpg
    20201014_105212.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 20201013_234405.jpg
    20201013_234405.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Butler12
The 257 hunting bullet is here

117gr
8tw required
1.365 OAL
It will use the same throat as the 131 Blackjack

G7 0.282 when I tested them to 700 however I had some equipment issues that day so I need to confirm that value

We got them to 3200fps in a 25 Creed, these things scream

They are on sale for the launch until Sunday for 17.76% off, no limit. If we run out I will honor back order pricing for anything placed before the sale ends.

Are you going to be offering a 7.5 or 8 twist 25 cal twists?

In bullets or barrels?

We can order slower twists to suit a custom request but as a general rule we stock 7s
Barrels. I was talking to Joe alittle about it and he said you might be doing a target 25 with 7.25 twist. So prolly a 7 would work i was looking at black jacket 131 but hunting and target from you guys would work

Barrels. I was talking to Joe alittle about it and he said you might be doing a target 25 with 7.25 twist. So prolly a 7 would work i was looking at black jacket 131 but hunting and target from you guys would work
I was chatting with you,, Joe is out on vacation, I was trying to cover his emails this week. Crazy week, I am so glad it is Friday.

I was chatting with you,, Joe is out on vacation, I was trying to cover his emails this week. Crazy week, I am so glad it is Friday.
Yeah i bet with him gone more work for you. Ok nice yeah i was just trying to figure out what barrel and caliber to use specially with your new target bullets for 25