• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing New Hunting Bullets Available

Stock Status:

All hunting bullets in the following calibers are in stock:

6mm, 25 cal, 6.5mm, 7mm (both flavors), 30 cal (all flavors)

Match bullets are in stock for
6mm, 25, 6.5, 30, 375

I'm making more 22 cal hunting and match currently. They will be in stock by Monday.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Stock Status:

All hunting bullets in the following calibers are in stock:

6mm, 25 cal, 6.5mm, 7mm (both flavors), 30 cal (all flavors)

Match bullets are in stock for
6mm, 25, 6.5, 30, 375

I'm making more 22 cal hunting and match currently. They will be in stock by Monday.
Match 25 cal bullet?

That's in stock too. 7.25tw 120gr appx 0.365 G7

I have limited quantity of them though, only about 2k of them. PM me if you want some.
I didnt see them on website but wow that is amazing i dont even have a barrel yet. What is price?

First animal down with the 7mm 151. Mule deer buck at 472 yards. I am very shocked at the damage it did and the entrance hole. But the buck only took maybe 3 steps like to run and slide down the mountain into a tree.

Attachments

• 20201027_132716.jpg
    20201027_132716.jpg
    747.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 20201027_132724.jpg
    20201027_132724.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 104
  • 20201027_132718.jpg
    20201027_132718.jpg
    857 KB · Views: 105
So I got my 8 twist 7 wsm together and after some load development with the 170 cayugas I took it out to 765 yards.
I sent two in a row low and had to add 1.75 moa to hit center, I played with the BC and I'm getting around .680 to match my drops.
In contrast the 175 ABLS were spot on with my dope at the same range.

I just don't see how the BC is anywhere near .77, at least not with my barrel sending them at 3000 fps.
Maybe they are more particular than traditional jacketed bullets IDK..

Last edited:
So I got my 8 twist 7 wsm together and after some load development with the 170 cayugas I took it out to 765 yards.
I sent two in a row low and had to add 1.75 moa to hit center, I played with the BC and I'm getting around .680 to match my drops.

I just don't see how the BC is anywhere near .77, at least not with my barrel sending them at 3000 fps.
I shoot the 151 and the bc i lowered .5 and they shoot dead on to 900 yards. I use g7 .300 but that is a huge difference. You will love the bullets though

I shoot the 151 and the bc i lowered .5 and they shoot dead on to 900 yards. I use g7 .300 but that is a huge difference. You will love the bullets though

Lowered ".5".....surely this is a typo, can you clarify?

That's a massive reduction....seems strange given the design work and tested BC's? Your twist and velocity should be maxing out the BC. What chrono are you using, and was your 100 yd zero dead on?

And finally, some on game pictures....thank you!

Yes sorry massive typo on my part its .310 g7 and im using .300 g7 in a 8 twist 28 nosler 3228. Yes they hammer game!!!! No worries on them opening or anything like that.

Reactions: Conrad
Lowered ".5".....surely this is a typo, can you clarify?

That's a massive reduction....seems strange given the design work and tested BC's? Your twist and velocity should be maxing out the BC. What chrono are you using, and was your 100 yd zero dead on?

And finally, some on game pictures....thank you!
Yeah I thought so too.
Zero was dead on,maybe .25 moa high if anything.
I used a shooting chrony for both loads with the cayuga and the 175 ablr, I doubt it was a speed error since the data I plugged in on the ablr was spot on.
One other thing I noticed when checking my target again last night is some of the holes from the 170 appear to be misshapen, almost like there's a stability problem.
Doesn't make sense cuz it's an 8 twist Benchmark barrel.
Don't know but these bullets aren't impressing me much in my rifle..

Here's a recovered 170 that I dug out of wet clay at 765 yards, it weighed 159 grains.
I know this isn't a great test media but I'm really not liking what I see.
A recovered Barnes LRX from the same distance and media was a classic mushroom.
I'm not using these on elk this season, I'd like to hear more reports first
20201027_1648331.jpg

Here's a recovered 170 that I dug out of wet clay at 765 yards, it weighed 159 grains.
I know this isn't a great test media but I'm really not liking what I see.
A recovered Barnes LRX from the same distance and media was a classic mushroom.
I'm not using these on elk this season, I'd like to hear more reports first
View attachment 7456654
Do not worry about that just used them on a smaller mule deer and it opened up violently and tore the insides up. I mean big damage. I was very skeptical as well if you go back and read i wasnt to sure but i will be hunting with these bullets alot im gonna be taking the 151 elk hunting in a few weeks. Also what is elevation? Maybe there not stable enough if not i say go 151

Do not worry about that just used them on a smaller mule deer and it opened up violently and tore the insides up. I mean big damage. I was very skeptical as well if you go back and read i wasnt to sure but i will be hunting with these bullets alot im gonna be taking the 151 elk hunting in a few weeks. Also what is elevation? Maybe there not stable enough if not i say go 151
Right on
How far was the shot?
I'm at 3300 feet and the bullets call for an 8 twist so I'm not sure whats going on..
Good luck elk hunting and post your results!

Right on
How far was the shot?
I'm at 3300 feet and the bullets call for an 8 twist so I'm not sure whats going on..
Good luck elk hunting and post your results!
Shot that buck deer at 472 yards 28 nosler going 3228 at muzzle dial was1.7 mils. Hit the deer right behind shoulder kind of clipped it it and blew threw back side. Yeah maybe your getting something freaky happen where you need more twist for some odd reason

I tested the bullets to 600 amd 700yd due to limitations from COVID restrictions in PA. So there may be some differences based on the ranges shot and the velocities used. The difference between .310 and .300 when checked at 900 I think we know where the difference comes from there.

On the 170s though the difference between my data and yours is huge and it concerns me.

If you have a stability problem for some reason then I would not be surprised to see notably lower values. A wobbling football doesn't fly well. Oblong holes in the target indeed concern me. A friend is testing the new 117gr 25 cal in a 10tw at 6500ft DA

I doubted it would work but he made repeated hits at 600yd though he noted the BC was lower than I suggested. He had slightly oblong holes at 100 and 200 too.

However, that being said, if we have differences that big and there isn't a stability issue then I suspect more testing is required, maybe on both our parts definitely on mine.

I will dig into it further and see what I come up with.

The wet clay impact looks about right. That stuff is awfully hard compared to gel or flesh simulant. It looks a lot closer than the 700-some yards you mentioned it came from, that is what the gel test on a 65 looked like at 15 feet.

Someone recently shot a muley at 200yd and recovered the bullet through several feet of bone and muscle from the entrance point. He used a 6.5 sherman of some flavor and it dropped the animal in its tracks. I was surprised he recovered it but he said that it tumbled, tore up the vitals and did exactly what I said it would.

Let's look into the 170 a little more, I will send you a PM so we can trade emails. I'd like to know right away if we have an issue.

First animal down with the 7mm 151. Mule deer buck at 472 yards. I am very shocked at the damage it did and the entrance hole. But the buck only took maybe 3 steps like to run and slide down the mountain into a tree.

Those are great pics! Thank you for posting them. The damage is indeed massive and it reminds me.of the pics that coldboremiracle published last year with the cow elk they shot with prototype 122s in a creedmoor.

Congratulations on the deer!

Reactions: Conrad and jbailey
I tested the bullets to 600 amd 700yd due to limitations from COVID restrictions in PA. So there may be some differences based on the ranges shot and the velocities used. The difference between .310 and .300 when checked at 900 I think we know where the difference comes from there.

On the 170s though the difference between my data and yours is huge and it concerns me.

If you have a stability problem for some reason then I would not be surprised to see notably lower values. A wobbling football doesn't fly well. Oblong holes in the target indeed concern me. A friend is testing the new 117gr 25 cal in a 10tw at 6500ft DA

I doubted it would work but he made repeated hits at 600yd though he noted the BC was lower than I suggested. He had slightly oblong holes at 100 and 200 too.

However, that being said, if we have differences that big and there isn't a stability issue then I suspect more testing is required, maybe on both our parts definitely on mine.

The wet clay impact looks about right. That stuff is awfully hard compared to gel or flesh simulant. It looks a lot closer than the 700-some yards you mentioned it came from, that is what the gel test on a 65 looked like at 15 feet.

Someone recently shot a muley at 200yd and recovered the bullet through several feet of bone and muscle from the entrance point. He used a 6.5 sherman of some flavor and it dropped the animal in its tracks. I was surprised he recovered it but he said that it tumbled, tore up the vitals and did exactly what I said it would.

Let's look into the 170 a little more, I will send you a PM so we can trade emails. I'd like to know right away if we have an issue.

Those are great pics! Thank you for posting them. The damage is indeed massive and it reminds me.of the pics that coldboremiracle published last year with the cow elk they shot with prototype 122s in a creedmoor.

Thank you. I was very pleased with the bullets and how they perform wow do they hit hard!!! Going to test on elk hopefully in 2 weeks. The bc numbers are very close but that could be my barrel ect. And i still need to talk with you about a 25 prc and those 120 bullets for 25 cal been busy hunting. But i couldn't ask for anything more on bullet performance

I agree I need to do more testing.
I'll put a few on paper tomorrow and send you a few pics of the holes to get your take on the stability

Reactions: bohem
I have been using the 77g .224 on coyotes this year, this is the bullet for minimal pelt damage. Bullets shoot great out of my 22BRA, and .223 7twist barrels.

How did these work in your 7wsm. I’m building a hunting rifle in 7 saum and would love to use these 171’s. What barrel length and speed are you getting?

Quick question for @bohem
I just got a pack of your 170 cayugas today that I'll be shooting in a custom 7 wsm.
I should have it back in a little over a week and I had it throated for 175 ablrs.
The bearing surface of the cayuga is about .045 shorter than the ablr so its gonna have some freebore..
Are they sensitive to jump?
Awesome looking bullets BTW
Heres a pic of the two with the ablr at 3.1 and the cayuga at 3.2
View attachment 7442982

Josh, what weight (163, 178, 210) would you recommend for a 300WSM 22" 1-9 tw. This would be exclusively for Elk anywhere from 100 - 700 yds shots. This rifle is built on a Fusion TI med action with trap door btm metal so bullet length is not a factor.

I did some more testing on these with a friend out in Wisconsin at 600 and 1,010yd based on your report of an issue.
I think you have something wrong other than the bullet's BC

Cory shot them at 100, 600 and 1,010. The 600yd group was about 1.5" above his aim point waterline and hit all 3/3 into a half MOA

The 1,010 stitched a line less than an inch tall on the waterline he painted on his target. The BC was dead nuts on at 0.375 G7

I'm not sure what's happening with your setup but something is off that isn't the BC.

Josh, what weight (163, 178, 210) would you recommend for a 300WSM 22" 1-9 tw. This would be exclusively for Elk anywhere from 100 - 700 yds shots. This rifle is built on a Fusion TI med action with trap door btm metal so bullet length is not a factor.

I would suggest the 210s for sure. They're going to hit like Thor's Hammer on elk.

The 178's will certainly work too, I'm running 178's from my 10tw 300WM around 3200fps with a moderate load of Norma MRP. But since you have the 9tw available I'd run the 210s

I have been using the 77g .224 on coyotes this year, this is the bullet for minimal pelt damage. Bullets shoot great out of my 22BRA, and .223 7twist barrels.

Great to hear!

I did some more testing on these with a friend out in Wisconsin at 600 and 1,010yd based on your report of an issue.

Cory shot them at 100, 600 and 1,010. The 600yd group was about 1.5" above his aim point waterline and hit all 3/3 into a half MOA

The 1,010 stitched a line less than an inch tall on the waterline he painted on his target. The BC was dead nuts on at 0.375 G7

I'm not sure what's happening with your setup but something is off that isn't the BC.

I would suggest the 210s for sure. They're going to hit like Thor's Hammer on elk.

The 178's will certainly work too, I'm running 178's from my 10tw 300WM around 3200fps with a moderate load of Norma MRP. But since you have the 9tw available I'd run the 210s

Great to hear!
Glad to hear the testing on the 170 and bc

Thanks Josh

Great to hear!

Great to hear!

Awesome, I am building a 7 Suam, and want to run as heavy a bullet possible.my barrel will be 20 inches, and this will be a hunting rig I want to be able to use on all game. I think I will be able to get at least 2800-2900 fps. And want to be able to kill anything within 1000 yards. (Im an ELR guy)
Do you think the 170 will work for me, and if so what twist should I do my barrel in?

Awesome, I am building a 7 Suam, and want to run as heavy a bullet possible.my barrel will be 20 inches, and this will be a hunting rig I want to be able to use on all game. I think I will be able to get at least 2800-2900 fps. And want to be able to kill anything within 1000 yards. (Im an ELR guy)
Do you think the 170 will work for me, and if so what twist should I do my barrel in?
I use his 151 and they are awesome dont over look them. I posted pics of a deer shot at 472 with them

You need at least an 8 twist for the 170, a 7.5 is better if you are hunting in very cold, low altitude areas.

I would also look at the 151 because the extra speed that you get may be better for your shorter barrel application.

Great to hear!
Fair enough
My experience is limited to my barrel only.
I re- tested again out to 800 yards and my ballistics didn't start matching until I lowered the bc significantly..
I'm shooting ridiculous groups with other bullet, I guess my rifle just doesn't like the monos

Got a bull elk down late. Ill get pics up. Shot was 372 yards crazy winds today but bull ran about 50 yards into timber. Not sure how he even made it that far he was all mush inside big damage!!! It was dark have to go back to pack him out i did not see any meat damage

I am considering the 198 or 212 Seneca for a 300 prc. When I look on the site they appear to have the same specs other than twist rate for testing is that correct? I want to try some elr type shooting in the future and am not sure which would be the best fit.

I am considering the 198 or 212 Seneca for a 300 prc. When I look on the site they appear to have the same specs other than twist rate for testing is that correct? I want to try some elr type shooting in the future and am not sure which would be the best fit.
The 212 is a "stretch" version of the 198

It has about 214/198ths of the BC that the 198 does. The slight increase in form factor efficiency is due to the length increase.

I just double checked the website and the specs that are the same is the freebore length. The BC, length, weight, etc appear to be appropriate for the 212 unless I am missing something.

PS: they are in stock and currently on sale through Monday for Black Friday.

I just double checked the website and the specs that are the same is the freebore length. The BC, length, weight, etc appear to be appropriate for the 212 unless I am missing something.

I plan on buying some just figuring out which would fit the 300 prc or Sherman prc best. I took a screenshot to show what I meant on the 198 and the 212. Doesn’t really matter, I just want to figure out the best for the cartridge try elr out at spear point at some point.

Attachments

• 3E08AFD7-CF7E-4600-949D-7EF791F3564F.png
    3E08AFD7-CF7E-4600-949D-7EF791F3564F.png
    860 KB · Views: 53
  • 1D2CDAF5-9EFC-44A6-893A-D4EF1AD24ABA.png
    1D2CDAF5-9EFC-44A6-893A-D4EF1AD24ABA.png
    836 KB · Views: 57
I plan on buying some just figuring out which would fit the 300 prc or Sherman prc best. I took a screenshot to show what I meant on the 198 and the 212. Doesn’t really matter, I just want to figure out the best for the cartridge try elr out at spear point at some point.
Good catch! It wasn't the 212 that was wrong, it was the 198 that had 212 data in it.
I updated it and fixed it now. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Delicatessen
Good catch! It wasn't the 212 that was wrong, it was the 198 that had 212 data in it.
I updated it and fixed it now. Thanks for the heads up.
Do you still have the 120 25 cal bullets in stock just 100 ct

Thank you!

Also remember to use Thanksgiving2020!

And, do you have any pics of that bull elk you shot?
Sadly no. I was in a rush to get him out took a morning hunt before packing out and where we hunt it should be like 10 degrees and it was 55 my bull was getting warm. But i will tell you this i made a mediocre shot at 372 he took a few steps but with that said and admitting it he only went 50 yards into timber and opening him up he was mush inside. I found chunks of liver in the pelvis. Major damage but by no means am i saying these bullets make up for farther back shots but it still hammered him. My dad shot his bull at 572 with 6.5-300 weatherby not saying bullet but it uses j4 jackets and lead and he hit him in shoulder and had a major bullet failure blowing up and then had some pencil threw at 240 in neck to put down hes not allowed to use those anymore lol

What velocity you running them and what powder?

I run the 195 berger in mine at 3150 over N570
I have a tight neck and i reach pressure faster than i should but i run the 151 at 3228 with imr 8133. But it hammers and i trust it. I do not trust berger bullets at all havent seen much good from them hunting wise but its limited but enough to scare me away. I really like these tough copper bullets and they open up great.