• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Labradar LX

It's a file-folder ... probably indicating the "Series" (#2 in this case) ... with the bullet above it representing the shot (#8 in this case. That's my guess.
But it looks like the side profile of a recliner
1705845370236.gif

The recliner icon is where the bullet falls asleep. 😎
I thought it was for when you came home from shooting you get in your comfy recliner to get on your laptop to go online and fill out the return form for when you send it in for repair. It's kind of like the "check engine light" on your car when it's time for service.

Labradar bit too many guys too often for too long. they are dead. Garmin is a RADAR company and is globally known for their outdoor electronics and have been in the game way longer.
Garmin is also heavily in the aeronautical space (ie airplanes) so I know who I trust.

Labradar is giving a discount to their loyal, early adopters for doing their beta testing, identifying design and manufacturing flaws, and recommending or manufacturing the accessories needed through the past years? There's going to be a discount, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Steel+Killer
Labradar is giving a discount to their loyal, early adopters for doing their beta testing, identifying design and manufacturing flaws, and recommending or manufacturing the accessories needed through the past years? There's going to be a discount, right?
1705882090968.png

I saw a post somewhere where they were offering like $175 trade-in for a LR unit with ALL original accessories towards a Garmin XERO. Hell of a resale value on those big orange bricks... 🤣😂🤣
CS Tactical is giving like $50 trade in against a Garmin last I saw

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
I saw a post somewhere where they were offering like $175 trade-in for a LR unit with ALL original accessories towards a Garmin XERO. Hell of a resale value on those big orange bricks... 🤣😂🤣
You can only dream of 175$ trade in offer , but to be fair remember when Kestrel ran ther own Trade in for newer model they were also offering something like 100$ for your full AB Kestrel.

I am giving trade-in value of $100 for a completely functional LabRadar with the original accessories (and anything else you want to send that you want to include).
I am giving trade-in value of $75 for a completely functional MagnetoSpeed V3 with the original accessories.

Reactions: Holliday
Sorry, I was busy this weekend living my life :p I knew the info would be out on SH quickly after my post. Before we go further, my answer will be partial as I shoot for labradar/infinition, I test their product and go visit their facilities couple times a year for different purpose.
I am the one who put the information on facebook after a quick leak before SHOT of couple pictures and infos on the new Labradar. Here is some more information I answered on fb that might be also useful.
First, Infinition have been working on this unit for years (first time I saw it was about 2 or 3 years ago in the testing). Infinition is also a really small company and they have contracts for ballistic software and bigger doppler radar to do also, ie those used by AB for our custom curves. So anyway, development took some time and Garmin showed up strong couple months ago. Of course Labradar doesn't expect people to get back from Garmin to Lab, Garmin have done a great job on their unit, but I personally feel that the more options shooters have and the more competition their is on the market, will only force companies to keep stepping up their games.
Labradar have been the first to released an affordable ballistic doppler radar years ago, and tech have just improve since then.

Ok, back to the LX now,
-It does have an aiming device to help. But really, it's because people have been asking for it, as the Garmin, the doppler radar is wide and short, so it pick up way more easily then the OG that I don't personally feel the need for this pointing device. Yet it's there, so why not.
-Doppler use multiple points to get their data, so even with a slight angle it will be fine to get a measure that is good enough (in this field, 1% margin is unacceptable). The OG labradar had a powerful doppler with a really narrow beam, which made them pick bullets up to 100y. The LX will get them for about 10 to 15y in a wider angle.
-It will have an internal battery and a port for external pack.

"My" unit is at SHOT with more then 10 others and all will be out in the wild for couple weeks/months to be tested further, approved by different autorities, confirming algorithm and other technical stuff.
And for the customer service, this is a picky subject, but labradar had sign for their original version, an exclusive distribution worldwide that is also taking care of the warranty (excluding Canada) . Only Canadians can buy from Labradar themselves and get their warranty covered by them, and here up north we don't experience what you do. "Labradar.com" is the "exclusive" distributor. I'll talk with people at Infinition about their plan / expectation about how they will distribute the LX and cover their warranty and customer support and I'll report back. As a small company selling tons of LR I can understand the attraction of using a big distributor to take care of customers emails etc. but I also read all the comments people have made.
I'll also talk to them about a "trade in" program, but I'm not quite sure it will work. But you don't lose anything by asking so I will.

When they come back from SHOT I'll try to make a video of the unit compare to the OG one and maybe a Garmin, but as I'm partial I don't want to go too deep into comparing the LX to the Garmin, I would prefer someone else to do this job. If you got any more question feel free to ask here, I probably don't have all answers but still.

ps: The picture showing 4 units having a reading out of 10 wasn't a testing bench or anything, they just turned on units for the picture at the shipping booth, some of them just had data from their last testing and other had been reset is my guess. There have been no marketing on pictures released as must of them were just those I had in my phone to do the post.

attachment_118307842.jpg

Is it 50/50, but it´s not full made in Canada. Was the older model even made in Canada either, i had one LR, but never found where it was made, maybe in Holland because the orange color:ROFLMAO:.
No matter, in EU they fuck that up, by cutting the radar power by 50%, like they did from the original, mail box size radar.

Last edited:
View attachment 8329700
Is it 50/50, but it´s not full made in Canada. Was the older model even made in Canada either, i had one LR, but never found where it was made, maybe in Holland because the orange color:ROFLMAO:.
I can confirm, they are made in Trois-Riviere, Quebec, Canada, at the new facility of Infinition. I guess "made in north America" is a marketing affair, for some reason all the Canadian-Made (or at least Quebec-Made) product that I know of have a label of "Made in north America".

Given the current circumstances, the guys at Labradar would be VERY smart to offer some kind of reasonable trade-in/trade-up program for the LX. once it becomes commercially available. I've got my Garmin and I'm excited to use it once the weather gives me that chance. But if ... for instance ... LR offered around $200 to send in your old LR and get the new LX, the "Gadget-Guy" in me would consider taking it out for a $400 spin just for a couple of features I like (multiple distance measurements, for instance). But if they just put it out there a few months from now at the same price as the Garmin, with no consideration given to prior Labradar fan-boys like me ... well ... they're gonna get some pretty dismal sales results, IMHO. Being late to market with a potentially inferior product and offering no trade-up incentive to previous loyal customers ... is not usually a successful go-to-market strategy. That said, it's unlikely anyone from Labradar is reading this advice, so I'm "hopeful" ... but not "optimistic".

Reactions: sab567
You can only dream of 175$ trade in offer , but to be fair remember when Kestrel ran ther own Trade in for newer model they were also offering something like 100$ for your full AB Kestrel.

I am giving trade-in value of $100 for a completely functional LabRadar with the original accessories (and anything else you want to send that you want to include).
I am giving trade-in value of $75 for a completely functional MagnetoSpeed V3 with the original accessories.
Yeah, that’s the one I saw

I didn’t reply when I saw it but I thought oh my God what a shit offer.

Those devices might be headed for obsolescence, but one can still easily get $300 for a labgaydar and 225 for a magneto speed V3 and I know cause I did just that on both of them

So if you’re gonna bother to collect everything up since he’s demanding all of the accessories and the box, and ship it to bison tactical, you’ve already done the vast majority of the labor required to sell one for three times as much.

So this is a rip off, and I hope he gets 100 of each and then becomes the Sanford and Son of unsaleable obsolete chronographs

I personally think given their history with their product/CS coupled with Garmin’s over night dominance, Labradar would be fools to not offer a discount/trade in option.

Reactions: Im2bent

Those devices might be headed for obsolescence, but one can still easily get $300 for a labgaydar and 225 for a magneto speed V3 and I know cause I did just that on both of them

So if you’re gonna bother to collect everything up since he’s demanding all of the accessories and the box, and ship it to bison tactical, you’ve already done the vast majority of the labor required to sell one for three times as much.

So this is a rip off, and I hope he gets 100 of each and then becomes the Sanford and Son of unsaleable obsolete chronographs
To be fair look at used section , he has these trade-ins for 125$ and 150$ ................ that is if he gets any

To be fair look at used section , he has these trade-ins for 125$ and 150$ ................ that is if he gets any
That's interesting, but the real question is ... How much did he pay (or is he willing to pay) for a used in-coming Labradar? This only indicates how much he's re-selling them for.

I gave LR a chance but after almost shooting I just gave up and went back to the Magneto Speed at least that worked 95% of the time... Won't get into cable issues. So I have now used the Garmin on different days and it works flawless. It also nice the Bluetooth works also.
I was just at a 1000 yrd match and had 1 round chamber a little harder and when the velocity came up it was 22FPS faster then the previous 5 round so before they marked the target I knew it was going to be high in the 9 ring. That's good enough for me.

That's interesting, but the real question is ... How much did he pay (or is he willing to pay) for a used in-coming Labradar? This only indicates how much he's re-selling them for.
If the answer is like ... $75 ... I'll keep mine and use it as a door-stop.

You would be surprised how many folks just won’t bother to sell used stuff. A credit on new gear is just an easy button for something that would likely go to the back of the closet, then the garage, then the landfill……

You would be surprised how many folks just won’t bother to sell used stuff. A credit on new gear is just an easy button for something that would likely go to the back of the closet, then the garage, then the landfill……
I can't count the number of holsters that have followed that path over the last 10 years (closet -> garage -> landfill).

Look at the posts above

Sorry, I was busy this weekend living my life :p I knew the info would be out on SH quickly after my post. Before we go further, my answer will be partial as I shoot for labradar/infinition, I test their product and go visit their facilities couple times a year for different purpose.
I am the one who put the information on facebook after a quick leak before SHOT of couple pictures and infos on the new Labradar. Here is some more information I answered on fb that might be also useful.
First, Infinition have been working on this unit for years (first time I saw it was about 2 or 3 years ago in the testing). Infinition is also a really small company and they have contracts for ballistic software and bigger doppler radar to do also, ie those used by AB for our custom curves. So anyway, development took some time and Garmin showed up strong couple months ago. Of course Labradar doesn't expect people to get back from Garmin to Lab, Garmin have done a great job on their unit, but I personally feel that the more options shooters have and the more competition their is on the market, will only force companies to keep stepping up their games.
Labradar have been the first to released an affordable ballistic doppler radar years ago, and tech have just improve since then.

Ok, back to the LX now,
-It does have an aiming device to help. But really, it's because people have been asking for it, as the Garmin, the doppler radar is wide and short, so it pick up way more easily then the OG that I don't personally feel the need for this pointing device. Yet it's there, so why not.
-Doppler use multiple points to get their data, so even with a slight angle it will be fine to get a measure that is good enough (in this field, 1% margin is unacceptable). The OG labradar had a powerful doppler with a really narrow beam, which made them pick bullets up to 100y. The LX will get them for about 10 to 15y in a wider angle.
-It will have an internal battery and a port for external pack.

"My" unit is at SHOT with more then 10 others and all will be out in the wild for couple weeks/months to be tested further, approved by different autorities, confirming algorithm and other technical stuff.
And for the customer service, this is a picky subject, but labradar had sign for their original version, an exclusive distribution worldwide that is also taking care of the warranty (excluding Canada) . Only Canadians can buy from Labradar themselves and get their warranty covered by them, and here up north we don't experience what you do. "Labradar.com" is the "exclusive" distributor. I'll talk with people at Infinition about their plan / expectation about how they will distribute the LX and cover their warranty and customer support and I'll report back. As a small company selling tons of LR I can understand the attraction of using a big distributor to take care of customers emails etc. but I also read all the comments people have made.
I'll also talk to them about a "trade in" program, but I'm not quite sure it will work. But you don't lose anything by asking so I will.

When they come back from SHOT I'll try to make a video of the unit compare to the OG one and maybe a Garmin, but as I'm partial I don't want to go too deep into comparing the LX to the Garmin, I would prefer someone else to do this job. If you got any more question feel free to ask here, I probably don't have all answers but still.

ps: The picture showing 4 units having a reading out of 10 wasn't a testing bench or anything, they just turned on units for the picture at the shipping booth, some of them just had data from their last testing and other had been reset is my guess. There have been no marketing on pictures released as must of them were just those I had in my phone to do the post.
I have a LR and have had for 4-5 years. Unlike some others, although I do occasionally pick up an errant MV from an adjacent shooter, its not all that often and is easy to identify and delete. My unit also doesn't really miss a lot of shots either. Works pretty good. Would I like to see improvement in this area...of course. But at the time I bought it, LR was the only available non-commercial Doppler unit out there.

My LR worked for me and my spreadsheets full of chrono data confirm this for me.

However, BT connectivity and the app suck sweaty balls. If you want to pass any message back to Infinition, perhaps suggest to them that the damn app for this new unit better be light years better than the existing app.

That and the narrow beam pattern of the OG LR and the need to aim it so terribly precisely is a PIA. I trust you that LR has changed the beam width and hence the need for this precision in the new LX but that remains to be seen by end users (aside from yourself for the most part).

Also, frankly....I think they rested on their laurels for far, far too long and this alienated their customer base as can be seen in this thread and the ones on the Garmin. In the years since first offered, they basically did zero incremental product improvement.

I have not felt the need to get into the "white sale at Macy's" type frantic buying spree for the Garmin. Its been a bit humorous to watch.

Nonetheless, my plan has been to wait until spring to give my LR to my cousin and guy a Garmin. Now, I'll look at Garmin and the LX and will upgrade my chrono tech one way or the other.

At one time, the LR was coveted and did what no other available unit could do. But markets are fickle and Garmin came out with the next, much better, device that addressed most of LR shortcomings. Good for Garmin and sort of shame on Infinition for waiting until their arse was getting kicked by them to suddenly speed release of info on the LX. Timing is everything, right?

Cheers

But markets are fickle and Garmin came out with the next, much better, device that addressed most of LR shortcomings.
And did so after LR did nothing to improve, and pocketed money without providing reasonable CS for YEARS. Their own business practices led them to this situation. You nailed it with your analysis.

ETA: It sounded like I was disagreeing before, which I am not, I am merely emphasizing his point.

Last edited:
I have a LR and have had for 4-5 years. Unlike some others, although I do occasionally pick up an errant MV from an adjacent shooter, its not all that often and is easy to identify and delete. My unit also doesn't really miss a lot of shots either. Works pretty good. Would I like to see improvement in this area...of course. But at the time I bought it, LR was the only available non-commercial Doppler unit out there.

My LR worked for me and my spreadsheets full of chrono data confirm this for me.

However, BT connectivity and the app suck sweaty balls. If you want to pass any message back to Infinition, perhaps suggest to them that the damn app for this new unit better be light years better than the existing app.

That and the narrow beam pattern of the OG LR and the need to aim it so terribly precisely is a PIA. I trust you that LR has changed the beam width and hence the need for this precision in the new LX but that remains to be seen by end users (aside from yourself for the most part).

Also, frankly....I think they rested on their laurels for far, far too long and this alienated their customer base as can be seen in this thread and the ones on the Garmin. In the years since first offered, they basically did zero incremental product improvement.

I have not felt the need to get into the "white sale at Macy's" type frantic buying spree for the Garmin. Its been a bit humorous to watch.

Nonetheless, my plan has been to wait until spring to give my LR to my cousin and guy a Garmin. Now, I'll look at Garmin and the LX and will upgrade my chrono tech one way or the other.

At one time, the LR was coveted and did what no other available unit could do. But markets are fickle and Garmin came out with the next, much better, device that addressed most of LR shortcomings. Good for Garmin and sort of shame on Infinition for waiting until their arse was getting kicked by them to suddenly speed release of info on the LX. Timing is everything, right?

Cheers

I am wondering if Labradar was waiting for SHOT (as many companies do) and Garmin (wisely) said “screw that” and push it right out, to knee-cap them…..

I am wondering if Labradar was waiting for SHOT (as many companies do) and Garmin (wisely) said “screw that” and push it right out, to knee-cap them…..
They were not, product have been in development for years, it wasn't ready when the Garmin released theirs. Of course the Garmin being out forced them to finish it for this year SHOTshow. I've seen the first complete test unit about this time of the year in 2023 (so a year ago) and it was working, just software needed more work still, and tuning. Now they are being tested to make sure they work as expected and collect more and more data (couple ten thousands+), same Garmin did for couple month before they were officially for sale. If people see me at a match come pass by, I'll have the unit out.
Next is going to be Frontline Fury, on practice day or at zeroing.

Reactions: Baron23
I dreaded using my LR. Drag out a large format system along with a spare battery and tripod. Set it all up, hope that it captures the shots, fiddle with it endlessly when it didn't (sensitivity settings, angle, sighting, external trigger) pray that the Bluetooth works (too inconsistent), hope you're far enough away from other shooters to not introduce errors, pack it all up after a frustrating session where maybe you got the data you needed, go home, read forums, look for updates and for years, find none.

Along comes Garmin and I can throw a small format unit in my range bag, set it up in literally seconds, and capture everything from my air rifle, my 22LR (suppressed) up to my 300PRC (suppressed) with no BS. I took the unit up and down the firing line at Quantico and let others try it and the Garmin captured every round. The LX needs to perform to that level, no exceptions.

@sab567 What you're hearing in this thread (well, at least my reply) is outright bitterness at LR for years of neglect and an attitude that they know better than the users (darn engineers probably). I wish any company well that invests in our sport, but the old saying "fool me once" applies. /preaching off I feel better now. :)

Last edited:
Sorry I would rather have the actual product support that Garmin is known for. Garmin actually listens to consumers and makes updates accordingly. Lab Radar has a terrible track record in regards to product support and updates.
I have a Garmin navigator unit that is very old and they still had free updates and firmware on thier site.
It always worked.

Not one glitch. I have a handheld gps unit that is accurate to +/- one foot. It's operating and almost 20 years old.

what surprise will we see at shot?

I dreaded using my LR. Drag out a large format system along with a spare battery and tripod. Set it all up, hope that it captures the shots, fiddle with it endlessly when it didn't (sensitivity settings, angle, sighting, external trigger) pray that the Bluetooth works (too inconsistent), hope you're far enough away from other shooters to not introduce errors, pack it all up after a frustrating session where maybe you got the data you needed, go home, read forums, look for updates and for years, find none.

Along comes Garmin and I can throw a small format unit in my range bag, set it up in literally seconds, and capture everything from my air rifle, my 22LR (suppressed) up to my 300PRC (suppressed) with no BS. I took the unit up and down the firing line at Quantico and let others try it and the Garmin captured every round. The LX needs to perform to that level, no exceptions.

@sab567 What you're hearing in this thread (well, at least my reply) is outright bitterness at LR for years of neglect and an attitude that they know better than the users (darn engineers probably). I wish any company well that invests in our sport, but the old saying "fool me once" applies. /preaching off I feel better now. :)
Like said garbage in garbage out , its up to you.

But It HaS a TwO PerCEnT ErrOr!

They were not, product have been in development for years, it wasn't ready when the Garmin released theirs. Of course the Garmin being out forced them to finish it for this year SHOTshow.

Ok so the usual SOP for they are known for…… I personally think a strategic move to wait for SHOT is a better story, than dragging their proverbial asses until Garmin lights a fire under said asses…… Work with me here 🤠

Once again, thank you Garmin!

I have a Garmin navigator unit that is very old and they still had free updates and firmware on thier site.
It always worked.

Not one glitch. I have a handheld gps unit that is accurate to +/- one foot. It's operating and almost 20 years old.

what surprise will we see at shot?

Well to be fair, I have an in dash Garmin that started asking me to pay for a map-update 6 months after I bought it. 😡

It is still asking ……😳

So LR farms out their CS and still pays that same company to continue doing their CS?

Reactions: Holliday